Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/02/2022 2:23 pm  #1

5/02/2022 2:25 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne hires Dru Joyce III

I love this hire.  Cleveland State really fumbled this one, and I am not mad about it one bit.  Exciting times on the bluff!

5/02/2022 2:26 pm  #3

Thanks WEB

5/02/2022 2:29 pm  #4

My initial reaction to the Dru Joyce hiring is YES!!!!! This could be more impactful than any recruit we have brought in. Some new blood on the staff and apparently a great get for the program. GO DUKES!!

5/02/2022 2:34 pm  #5

Bronny to Duquesne next year?

5/02/2022 2:37 pm  #6

CLK wrote:

That's what everybody is thinking!

Last edited by lilpav30 (5/02/2022 2:37 pm)

5/02/2022 3:00 pm  #7

lilpav30 wrote:

CLK wrote:

That's what everybody is thinking!

Wouldn't that be something!!!

5/02/2022 3:02 pm  #8

Did I miss something? Did any of our coaches leave the program?

5/02/2022 3:54 pm  #9

How did Dru become separated from Cleveland St, Basketball? I didn't see any mention in the PSN article. 

Anyway it seems like a great hire for Duquesne.  Great to have a fairly young guy with lots of pro experience and especially point guard experience at the pro level.  I think our guards will be very pleased with this hire.  Having recruiting experience and ties can also be a big plus.  Hopefully Dru can form relationships with players and help them improve their game and also improve the team outcome.  I think  a key to player retention in this crazy portal era, is for the players to see that they are getting better under the coaching staff at a particular school.  
Congrats to Coach Joyce on his new job at Duquesne!

5/02/2022 4:25 pm  #10

Will he be the next Dukes coach when KD  leaves?  I went to the DU bball site and he is the only coach NOW listed as associate head coach. I also went to the NCAA rules n regs to see how many coaches a D1 men’s team can have. I can’t figure it out plus there are so many different titles they can be given that it is tricky. Last but not least, weren’t they down a coach from a couple years ago? 
This guy does appear to be an excellent hire… hmmm and they wasted no time getting him on the site. 

He got here... the head coach left Cleveland State n he wanted the job and was interviewed. He was not hired. He was told he could remain an assistant. He said NOPE.  Their loss, our gain. 

5/02/2022 4:29 pm  #11

Does anyone know if Cleveland State had/has a studly center enter the portal?

5/02/2022 10:55 pm  #12

Who was let go?   You certainly don’t hire an addition like this without a subtraction.

5/03/2022 6:19 am  #13

A83 wrote:

Who was let go?   You certainly don’t hire an addition like this without a subtraction.

A83, we had to let go Tejas_Duke and kneeguy. They weren’t contributing much, if anything, to the program.

5/03/2022 6:22 am  #14

FAM I believe some of the better Cleveland St players have joined coach Gates at Missouri. 

5/03/2022 6:52 am  #15

Rumors of my demise (from Phoenix Rising2) have been greatly exaggerated.

5/03/2022 7:52 am  #16

phil95 wrote:

Does anyone know if Cleveland State had/has a studly center enter the portal?

Mabor Majak, 7'2'' C, was a freshman, in the portal now.   3* recruit.    
They had a 6'8'' C but he is going to Miami, OH i believe.

thats it.

5/03/2022 8:52 am  #17

Perhaps Mabor & Dru Joyce are a package deal?

He would have 3 years of eligibility left. Looks like he played sparingly in 20-21 during his first freshman season & this past season while at CSU.

HIGH SCHOOL (Hamilton Southeastern)
•   Comes to Cleveland State as a three-star recruit
•   Ranked third among 2020 prospects in the state of Indiana by IndyStar Preps
•   Averaged 11.4 points (team-leading), 10.0 rebounds (team-leading), 1.9 assists and 2.6 blocks (team-leading) per game for Hamilton Southeastern High School during the 2019-20 season
•    Named the Co-County Player of Year, Associated Press All-State, part of the IBCA Supreme 15 and a member of the Indiana All-Star game
•    Nominated to Indiana's Junior All-Star Team during the 2018-19 season

Last edited by phil95 (5/03/2022 9:01 am)

5/03/2022 9:20 am  #18

No idea if DUQ even knows who he is.   Just looked on the portal list and saw his name from Clev St, and our need for a C.   

5/04/2022 10:03 am  #19

5/04/2022 11:19 am  #20

Great pic of Dambrot at the end with dark hair!!!

5/04/2022 12:33 pm  #21

Couldn't be more excited about Coach Joyce coming to the Dukes. As I stated in an earlier post, this could be way more impactful than any recruits heading our way. KD is certainly looking to him to bring new ideas and energy to the program. Let's get a big to go with the rest of this year's class and LET'S GO DUKES!

5/04/2022 2:13 pm  #22

Why has no one asked the meaning, significance of the term associate? Some have suggested he could be Dambrot's. Are there any reporters out there?

5/04/2022 4:41 pm  #23

I've noticed, especially this year, that directly after an ex-Dukes' player announces for the portal, his replacement is directly reported in the form of a new recruit.  Hima recently announced for the portal...
With the addition of the new associate coach, I fully expect to read about a new recruit to replace Hima.

Board footera