Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/16/2022 5:15 pm  #1

Rick Suder’s son, Peter - Article

Peter is heading to Bellarmine (in the Atlantic Sun conference; they are currently in the middle of the 4 year  transition period for full D-1 credentials).

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/basketball/2022/06/16/bellarmine-basketball-meet-freshman-peter-suder/7614665001/

6/18/2022 7:11 am  #2

Re: Rick Suder’s son, Peter - Article

The biggest recruiting goof was not getting this kid.Everything I ever read was Pete is a student of the game,smart,hardworker,and he seems well grounded with one of the great Dukes of all time.He is good
at everything and if there is a deficit in his game you know that Pete has the great Western Pa.work ethic
he learned from Rick.Dukes need stabllity in their program and Pete got away.Sigh!

6/18/2022 7:13 am  #3

Pete Suder should have been ours,terrible blunder in recruiting.

6/18/2022 8:30 am  #4

Sorry that he got away. We don't know the circumstances surrounding his decision. It may be that we were never solidly in the mix. Who knows? Maybe he didn't want to follow in his dad's footsteps. Maybe he thought he would have a better chance to play elsewhere. Bottom line. We have an outstanding recruiting class and I'm anxious to see them on the court.

6/18/2022 9:52 am  #5

BTW, is there any intel on the summer practices? Any word on who's looking really good?

6/18/2022 12:32 pm  #6

Was/is he an A-10 quality recruit? I only looked briefly but he didn’t seem to have any offers of that quality.

6/18/2022 12:42 pm  #7

phil95 wrote:

Was/is he an A-10 quality recruit? I only looked briefly but he didn’t seem to have any offers of that quality.

Very good point phil95. I don't know the answer to that question but I know that we did bring in some solid A-10 recruits.

6/19/2022 12:45 pm  #8

phil95 wrote:

According to Verbal Commits, he had offers from Bryant, New Orleans, Toledo, Western Michigan, IUPUI, Wright St and Ball St. - all schools in mid to lower tier conferences.  https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/peter-suder

6/19/2022 2:13 pm  #9

Well that's most likely the answer to the question. Suder, no matter who his father was, may never have made it in the A-10. Will we ever know that for certain. No, but I'll take the class that we have. Think it may be the best in the last 5 years.

Last edited by El Presidente (6/19/2022 2:13 pm)

6/19/2022 7:47 pm  #10

Most players start at one school and finish at another in recent years. After he gets a couple seasons under his belt he can come here and finish up.

6/20/2022 11:33 am  #11

WashPaRick wrote:

Most players start at one school and finish at another in recent years. After he gets a couple seasons under his belt he can come here and finish up.

Good thought. Let someone else develop him then we can reap the benefits. Just like P5 teams but on a smaller scale.

6/26/2022 7:52 pm  #12

WashPaRick wrote:

Including us. We seem to be the minor leagues in the transfer portal

7/27/2022 1:08 pm  #13

9/17/2022 3:50 pm  #14

Speaking of sons. Ron Stevenson's son just walked on at Pitt per PSN.

Board footera