Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/14/2022 12:08 pm  #1

A10 Top 10 Impact Transfers

This was before we picked up Reece which in my opinion should also be on the list

Tristan Freeman on Twitter: "That Duquesne backcourt is going to surprise some A-10 fans next season." / Twitter

6/14/2022 2:40 pm  #2

Re: A10 Top 10 Impact Transfers

CLK wrote:

This was before we picked up Reece which in my opinion should also be on the list

Tristan Freeman on Twitter: "That Duquesne backcourt is going to surprise some A-10 fans next season." / Twitter

CLK, good call. The creator of this list has Joe as one of the 1st 4 out.

https://twitter.com/MLBergman_/status/1536759553135616000?s=20&t=jmmvbLDnX9Cwv8ZTs4WNXg

6/14/2022 3:49 pm  #3

Thanks Phoenix.  Those are pretty good honorable mentions.

7/15/2022 4:32 pm  #4

7/16/2022 4:26 pm  #5

I followed CLK's advice from a couple of weeks ago & watched some of Dae Dae's full-game YouTube footage. It was very encouraging.
-His playmaking instincts, ability to execute assist producing passes, on-court maturity, solid A/TO ratio, & basketball IQ far exceed what was available at that position for last year's Dukes. Nobody is going  to call Dae Dae a defensive stopper but his brain, effort, & experience will make the PG slot less of a defensive liability in 22-23.  Primo probably has more long-term upside but, Dae Dae will almost certainly make a better all-around contribution right now.
-2 of the biggest question marks for DD/the team will be how quickly chemistry can develop between so many players unfamiliar to one another & will DD be the 41% 3PT shooter he was as a sophomore  or the 34.3% 3PT shooter he was last season.
-Dae Dae was almost 48% from 2 & belter than 85% from the FT line last season on decent volume. If he can repeat those percentages & shoot north of 37% on 3PT shots, he will be a major player in the A-10.
-I am anxious to see if KD is able to leverage the potential competition for minutes at both guard positions to get stronger overall effort & more defensive commitment from the backcourt players.

7/18/2022 12:38 pm  #6

Phil, good to see some actual discussion about the Dukes on this Board.  I share your question on how KD will manage so many talented players on this team.  I am hearing some really good things about the local kid Devin Carney.  Dambrot has stated that he is one of their best shooters and ball handlers.  My guess is that he will see significant minutes.  His ability to adjust and defend at the D1 level will determine how much he will play.  I think we will see a lot of three guard offense this year, although players like Easley, Gunn and Hronsky ability to shoot and play the SF gives KD more options.  I hope Dambrot can figure out his best line up and rotation quickly and not be experimenting during conference play.  We have 5 grad students on the roster so I would hope it is just a matter of tweaking.

On another note, Tristan Freeman published the attached article below providing offseason grades for each team.   I know there are a lot of good guys on this Board that don't post but read this Board for information.  I have decided not to let the posters that use this board to chronically just vent and add nothing to the conversation ruin it for the others (Phil in no way do I include you in that group).  All constructive replies, analysis or thoughts are certainly welcome.    

Atlantic 10 Basketball: 2022 offseason grades for each team (bustingbrackets.com)

7/18/2022 2:08 pm  #7

Freeman mentions Spears and Johnson as a significant loss to
the program.
I agree they are talented but if they don't play as a part of a team
concept and work with the rest of the team their talent is wasted.
Probably best they leave and find players that can play as a team.
i wonder if Joyce is being groomed to place KD when his contract expires.

Board footera