Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2012 11:58 am  #1

Duquesne and Consol Energy Center playing host to NCAA

Duquesne and Consol Energy Center playing host to NCAA second and third round games again in 2015 according to NCAA release

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2012-11-12/preliminary-round-sites-announced-2014-2015-ncaa-tournaments

11/12/2012 3:25 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne and Consol Energy Center playing host to NCAA

We should be traveling to the Dukes second round game by then.  No need to watch others play in the tourney!

Last edited by levon1975 (11/12/2012 3:26 pm)

11/26/2013 11:33 pm  #3

CLK wrote:

Duquesne and Consol Energy Center playing host to NCAA second and third round games again in 2015 according to NCAA release

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2012-11-12/preliminary-round-sites-announced-2014-2015-ncaa-tournaments

That should be good for Pitt. Jamie has this team rolling strrong into the ACC.

11/27/2013 8:44 am  #4

I complained about this the last time and I will complain about it this time.   We shouldn't be hosting anything until we demonstrate the ability to play in the tournament.   That is where our focus should be.  

Having said that I don't believe we really have a choice in the matter.   I am sure a part of the deal with Consol is that we will rent there and then we have to host, so the Pens ownership group can get the money from hosting.   Pens owners get all revenue from concessions and the like from Consol.   I am would be very surprised if our rental agreement did not come along with a clause saying we would have to host the tournament.  They need a sponsor and Pitt will not do it.   If we said no to hosting, we would probably have to pay more in rent and they would turn to RMU to host. 

Arenas need a school or conference to co-sponsor the bid.

11/27/2013 9:20 am  #5

duqkurt wrote:

I complained about this the last time and I will complain about it this time.   We shouldn't be hosting anything until we demonstrate the ability to play in the tournament.   That is where our focus should be.  

Having said that I don't believe we really have a choice in the matter.   I am sure a part of the deal with Consol is that we will rent there and then we have to host, so the Pens ownership group can get the money from hosting.   Pens owners get all revenue from concessions and the like from Consol.   I am would be very surprised if our rental agreement did not come along with a clause saying we would have to host the tournament.  They need a sponsor and Pitt will not do it.   If we said no to hosting, we would probably have to pay more in rent and they would turn to RMU to host. 

Arenas need a school or conference to co-sponsor the bid.

Have been following Pitt after this week they are ligit. The Pete @ students great atmosphere. If Jamie continues should Pitt get to the dance 2nd & 3rd round home game. Very good for the city. So Duquesne does Pitt a favor no longer a hater. Should Duquesne begin to compete against the 4 local schools maybe a rivalry is reborn. 

11/27/2013 10:32 am  #6

I have always, and will always, hate Pitt.

EAT <RHYMES WITH PITT> PITT!

Under my arms, you greasy sons of <RHYMES WITH PITT>ches.

11/27/2013 3:56 pm  #7

levon1975 wrote:

We should be traveling to the Dukes second round game by then. No need to watch others play in the tourney!

That's hilarious!  NIT at the very outside next year, maybe the ball point pen tournament.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

11/27/2013 9:23 pm  #8

Tejas_Duke wrote:

levon1975 wrote:

We should be traveling to the Dukes second round game by then. No need to watch others play in the tourney!

That's hilarious!  NIT at the very outside next year, maybe the ball point pen tournament.

Actually, I'd be very happy with the NIT in 2015. We'd have a veteran team returning the following year, and would be in position to take the next step.

Board footera