Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/25/2022 1:26 pm  #1

DUQUESNE FOOTBALL VS FLORIDA STATE TX STILL AVAILABLE

Just FYI everyone that Dukes Seminole tickets are still available through the alumni association at alumnionline@duq.edu for the college football opener in Tallahassee August 27th 5pm tee time! I am aware of  fans traveling to the game from different places throughout the country and Doak
Stadium  has a tailgate tent that is open to all fans who purchase tickets in advance. Obviously this is a revenue game for Duquesne Athletics and a big one and hopefully we can hold our own. Recall that FSU was upset last year by Deion Sander's FCS Jackson State so I am sure that we'll be facing an upset alerted FSU team, but we do have some solid players returning who have played at TCU and won at Ohio. The game is the first television game of the season and will be seen on the ACC network so Dukes actually appear there  this year before Pitt football ironically! Good luck to Coach Schmitt and our Dukes!

Last edited by Judge Jack McVay Jr (7/25/2022 1:28 pm)

7/25/2022 8:54 pm  #2

Re: DUQUESNE FOOTBALL VS FLORIDA STATE TX STILL AVAILABLE

I live in Jacksonville and will be there rooting for Jerry Schmitt's upset-minded Dukes! 

This will be the first time Duquesne has played in football-crazy Florida since Dillon Buechel threw for a career-high six touchdowns in a 54-35 rout of FCS Jacksonville University in October of 2016.

This will be the first time in 72 years that the Dukes have played an FBS opponent in the Sunshine State.  In 1950, the Dukes lost to the Florida Gators 27-14 in Gainesville.

Here's hoping for the year's biggest upset.

GO DUKES!!!

Last edited by AReturntoGlory (7/25/2022 9:02 pm)

7/26/2022 5:01 pm  #3

Judge, pack your sunscreen and drink plenty of liquids   Gonna be a hot one in Tallahassee in August.

7/31/2022 11:46 am  #4

Haha thanks Phoenix and you are right! Going to be a tough one but excited about this opportunity too! I am going to get to practice today and will try to get together a preview for the Fan forum soon and appreciate your comments and information always!

Board footera