Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/11/2022 10:07 am  #1

Duquesne Tickets

New Director of Ticket Operations and Sales:  Dan Lippa

Phone Number:  412-232-3853

Information will be coming out soon for all.  Ticket prices from last year have NOT changed.

10/02/2022 8:29 am  #2

Re: Duquesne Tickets

I've received and heard nothing on renewing my season tickets which I've had for nearly 30 years.  Does anyone know anything or has experienced the same?  I did call the ticket office but could only leave a message.

10/02/2022 11:02 am  #3

I've already renewed both my men's and women's season tickets.  Check your spam or junk e-mail folders as that is where my renewal emails went. 

10/02/2022 4:24 pm  #4

DOUGHEJO wrote:

I've received and heard nothing on renewing my season tickets which I've had for nearly 30 years.  Does anyone know anything or has experienced the same?  I did call the ticket office but could only leave a message.

They contacted me a couple weeks ago.  easy link online to renew if interested

10/02/2022 4:30 pm  #5

DOUGHEJO wrote:

Nor have I. I never heard a word last year, and I was a season ticket holder for three years before that. I HAD to call them first, but I am done!  Never got an email or anything. Tired of this Mickey Mouse operation.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

10/02/2022 8:56 pm  #6

VBC wrote:

I've already renewed both my men's and women's season tickets.  Check your spam or junk e-mail folders as that is where my renewal emails went. 

Do you have any idea of the date you received the renewals and they appeared in your junk folder?  Looking through mine with no luck so far.  Thank you!

10/02/2022 8:59 pm  #7

Tejas_Duke wrote:

DOUGHEJO wrote:

Nor have I. I never heard a word last year, and I was a season ticket holder for three years before that. I HAD to call them first, but I am done!  Never got an email or anything. Tired of this Mickey Mouse operation.

Completely understand your frustration!  My daughter is a good little player and loves going to the games plus my niece may pick Duquesne as her college so want to keep them on my end.

10/03/2022 11:41 am  #8

Tejas_Duke wrote:

DOUGHEJO wrote:

Every Season Ticket holder has an account online.  I received a mass email saying Season Ticket Sales on sale now/log on to renew.    All you have to do is log on and click renew.  I had to make a change to my seats so I called the guy and he was very accommodating.  I guess if you have a super box or something can can expect to be schmoozed but I don't so I'm ok taking a tiny bit of initiative and clicking a few buttons to purchase my tickets.  it is 2022 - no need to talk to the staff.    There is a lot to be disappointed with concerning the way the program is run but this seems to be a little "piling on."   

10/03/2022 1:04 pm  #9

Styles1229 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

DOUGHEJO wrote:

Every Season Ticket holder has an account online.  I received a mass email saying Season Ticket Sales on sale now/log on to renew.    All you have to do is log on and click renew.  I had to make a change to my seats so I called the guy and he was very accommodating.  I guess if you have a super box or something can can expect to be schmoozed but I don't so I'm ok taking a tiny bit of initiative and clicking a few buttons to purchase my tickets.  it is 2022 - no need to talk to the staff.    There is a lot to be disappointed with concerning the way the program is run but this seems to be a little "piling on."   

Styles/Tejas/DoughJoe:

Wayne Gretzky once called the New Jersey Devils "A Mickey Mouse Organization"   Wayne was later told "That is Unfair to Mickey Mouse!!"   I prefer Paper Tickets -  Consider what happened to me last year (Women's Tickets")

The Temple Game was on December 5th my ticket had a date of December 14th.
The Penn State game was on December 18th -  my ticket had a date of November 18th.
I purchased the two tickets separately -   paid for the second one by check   Two/Three weeks after the check was written -  had NOT cleared my bank --  So I thought it might be lost in the mail - sent them an e-mail was told OH we just got it and sent it out today.

Was ASSURED TWICE that tickets would be mailed to me in advance --  Also purchased tickets for men's opener and did NOT want to be in line at the Will Call Window on a Night like that --   THREE DAYS BEFORE MEN'S OPENER -   BRIEF Message on Answering Machine -   The tickets you purchased can be picked up at the Will Call Window.

DU is NOT Alabama Football -  One would Think the Ticket Office would be accommodating --   In any given week - HOW MANY REQUESTS DO THEY HANDLE??   The workers could probably be bored to death and fighting each other to handle the requests,

My application also contained the note:  If you don't renew by October 14th -  there is NO Guarantee that you can get the same seat --   At the Women's Game (s)  How is that a problem when you can sit anywhere??

Will be Interesting this year to see if they can take my check, print my tickets, and mail them to me in the six weeks they should have had between receiving the application in the mail and the date of the Women's Opener.

CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW LONG YOU MIGHT HAVE LASTED AT SOME JOBS YOU WORKED IF YOU WERE THAT EFFICIENT?????

10/03/2022 1:53 pm  #10

SkepticAl wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Styles/Tejas/DoughJoe:

Wayne Gretzky once called the New Jersey Devils "A Mickey Mouse Organization"   Wayne was later told "That is Unfair to Mickey Mouse!!"   I prefer Paper Tickets -  Consider what happened to me last year (Women's Tickets")

The Temple Game was on December 5th my ticket had a date of December 14th.
The Penn State game was on December 18th -  my ticket had a date of November 18th.
I purchased the two tickets separately -   paid for the second one by check   Two/Three weeks after the check was written -  had NOT cleared my bank --  So I thought it might be lost in the mail - sent them an e-mail was told OH we just got it and sent it out today.

Was ASSURED TWICE that tickets would be mailed to me in advance --  Also purchased tickets for men's opener and did NOT want to be in line at the Will Call Window on a Night like that --   THREE DAYS BEFORE MEN'S OPENER -   BRIEF Message on Answering Machine -   The tickets you purchased can be picked up at the Will Call Window.

DU is NOT Alabama Football -  One would Think the Ticket Office would be accommodating --   In any given week - HOW MANY REQUESTS DO THEY HANDLE??   The workers could probably be bored to death and fighting each other to handle the requests,

My application also contained the note:  If you don't renew by October 14th -  there is NO Guarantee that you can get the same seat --   At the Women's Game (s)  How is that a problem when you can sit anywhere??

Will be Interesting this year to see if they can take my check, print my tickets, and mail them to me in the six weeks they should have had between receiving the application in the mail and the date of the Women's Opener.

CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW LONG YOU MIGHT HAVE LASTED AT SOME JOBS YOU WORKED IF YOU WERE THAT EFFICIENT?????

2 points -respectively:

1.  it's 2022 and the world has moved on from checks and paper tickets.  Most places do not issue paper tickets anymore.  Concerts, sporting events, my kid's high school theater organization.  No point trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. if you are expecting efficiency you should get up to date with technology and the way things are run nowadays.  

2.  Maybe they fired the guy from last year because of ineptitude.  but let's be real.  with such a small season ticket holder population how many people do you think they employ and what do you think the job pays?  Honestly, I've never had an issue with my tickets in any way.  When I wanted to trade them in I would email and someone would get back to me within 24-48 hours.  My calls are answered or returned regularly and, again, the website clears up all these issues people raise.

Let's go Dukes!!!

10/03/2022 4:08 pm  #11

DOUGHEJO wrote:

VBC wrote:

Do you have any idea of the date you received the renewals and they appeared in your junk folder?  Looking through mine with no luck so far.  Thank you!

I received my men's notice on 8/18 and women's on 8/25.  Below is the text of the men's notice copied and pasted.

The count down is on -- it is time to renew your Duquesne men's basketball season tickets! There are 81 days until the 2022-23 season home opener on Tuesday, November 8 at 7 pm vs Montana in the UPMC Cooper Fieldhouse.

The full 2022-23 schedule will be released in early September and will feature between eighteen and twenty home games. In addition to Montana, the Dukes will host Marshall, Ball State, DePaul and Winthrop, amongst other non-conference opponents. Additionally, the Atlantic 10 previously announced that the team will take on Fordham, Massachusetts, Saint Joseph's, St. Bonaventure, Davidson, George Mason, Loyola Chicago, Rhode Island and VCU at home. You can read more about the Atlantic 10 schedule pairings by clicking here.

For your reference, we have included your 2021-22 seat location and other season ticket details. This can also be found by logging into your ticket account. The deadline to renew your season ticket is Friday, October 14, 2022. Thanks for your continued support of Duquesne Athletics and men's basketball!

We're looking forward to an exciting season!

10/03/2022 4:29 pm  #12

Styles1229 wrote:

[
  Every Season Ticket holder has an account online.  I received a mass email saying Season Ticket Sales on sale now/log on to renew.    "   

Ok, thank you, now here is my question, why did I never ever get an email telling me about this wonderful on line thing, especially after being a three year season ticket holder, and this was LAST YEAR!
You get what I am saying now!?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

10/03/2022 5:44 pm  #13

Sounds like a highly variable experience from the ticket office/Athletic Department depending on the customer. Some are informed and others are not. Everyone should be.

Example: Some years ago I bought tickets to one University of Virginia football game. The next year I got a fancy brochure for season tickets and E-mail solicitations for about ten years after that. You would have thought I was Hoo fan #1. High and mighty UVa didn't think it was above wanting my money. I have gotten tickets from other nearby colleges (public and private) and gotten similar E-mail solicitations, if not brochures.

OK, printing tickets, brochures, etc., is too expensive now (I guess). But any athletic department worth its salt should nail down those E-mail addresses, especially those of their season ticket holders, and keep track of who has them.

Last edited by scduke (10/04/2022 11:52 am)

10/03/2022 6:05 pm  #14

I went back and checked every Duquesne mail since 2021 and nothing on the renewal notice shown by VBC that came recently is anywhere or in any location.  Thank you VBC for providing me the letter!  I checked and found a mail from 05-06-2021 that at least had the link to access my online account and saw my invoice for 2022-2023.  The ticket office also returned my call and sent me an email today from the message I left over the weekend.  Once again thank you for the helpful responses and seeing all the problems people have had makes me cautious now for future invoices and to check my tickets thoroughly.

10/04/2022 8:47 pm  #15

scduke wrote:

Sounds like a highly variable experience from the ticket office/Athletic Department depending on the customer. Some are informed and others are not. Everyone should be.

Example: Some years ago I bought tickets to one University of Virginia football game. The next year I got a fancy brochure for season tickets and E-mail solicitations for about ten years after that. You would have thought I was Hoo fan #1. High and mighty UVa didn't think it was above wanting my money. I have gotten tickets from other nearby colleges (public and private) and gotten similar E-mail solicitations, if not brochures.

OK, printing tickets, brochures, etc., is too expensive now (I guess). But any athletic department worth its salt should nail down those E-mail addresses, especially those of their season ticket holders, and keep track of who has them.

Similar story here.  After he took over here, Dave Harper called me personally and talked to me for well over an hour.  I told him the story about how, when the Pirates played the Rangers in Dallas, I ordered tickets for one game, and you would have thought I was a Rangers season ticket holder. I got calls all the next year asking if I was interested in buying Rangers tickets!  (BTW, I live in Houston, which their computer screens would have told them) I told him this story, and said, "That's how Duquesne basketball needs to be!'  And here I am a season ticket holder, who has not received ANY PERSONAL contact in any form in over two years, even for the opening of our new building!

But hey, I am just being negative right?

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

Board footera