Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/03/2022 10:52 am  #1

Duquesne a 2 TD Dog to YSU

I think this week the Dukes will keep it closer than the oddsmakers predict and may even pull an upset.

This would be the perfect budding rival to bring to Highmark Stadium.  Their fans wouldn’t mind a short drive to the Burgh and may even sell out at 5,500.  How the hell does this staff recruit when they show the smallest football facility in all D1?

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/03/2022 12:37 pm  #2

Re: Duquesne a 2 TD Dog to YSU

If the Dukes can up their tackling prowess, an upset could be in the making.  From watching the game last week, the Dukes seemed to be in good position to slow down the FSU running game but missed a ton of tackles.  Good job by the coaches; not so good execution by the players.  Let's see if they learned something last week.  Go Dukes!

9/03/2022 4:53 pm  #3

Phoenix-  this game was winnable with DP in at QB.  Three interceptions against YSU and another one dropped a isn’t cutting it.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

9/04/2022 10:31 am  #4

coffee wrote:

Phoenix-  this game was winnable with DP in at QB.  Three interceptions against YSU and another one dropped a isn’t cutting it.

That was certainly a poor performance by JM. Better QB play was needed when you can’t run or stop the run; disappointing. Still scratching my head over the 2nd quarter punt from YSU’s 33 yard line that resulted In a net 13 yard punt. Next week against Thomas More at home might be a good time to shake up the QB rotation, before heading to Hawaii.

9/04/2022 1:29 pm  #5

I don’t recall the Dukes ever playing a competitive game against YSU; so I’m not sure why there was optimism for a win heading into this game.  If you can’t run the ball or stop the run it usually means you are outmanned on both sides of the ball and without an elite passing game you’re likely to lose.

Board footera