Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/21/2022 8:04 am  #1

Dukes Picked Last By Lindy's

9/21/2022 8:12 am  #2

Re: Dukes Picked Last By Lindy's

I just don't see that.  Dambrot won't say it but  will, I think this team is more talented, experienced and deeper than any team he has had on the Bluff. We will see, but hopefully the Dukes will take names and kick ass this year.

9/21/2022 9:16 am  #3

When you win one A10 game and lose your 2 best players and big man to legit programs, last is expected.   Its up to the coach and players to prove them all wrong.
But this year, I am not buying into anything, no hype, not hope, it must be seen on the court, not read on the internet.

9/21/2022 9:49 am  #4

Has to be sad to have no hope.  I am simply stating my opinion.  I am not selling hype and could care less if anyone agrees with me.  There is understandably little respect for the Dukes this year based on last years disaster. However, I am optimistic about the season. We will see.

9/21/2022 10:26 am  #5

CLK, I agree with you. I think we have a strong backcourt and if Dixon, Hronsky and Barre get a good number of minutes because they can play, then the Dukes will make good progress. Count me as optimistic.

9/21/2022 10:34 am  #6

I would rather be rated low and surprise people than to be rated high and disappoint people.
My belief is that we surprise a whole lot of people.

9/21/2022 10:55 am  #7

Dambrot hasn’t done anything recently to prove otherwise. We all also questioned his judgement last year when he said this was his best team ever.  What was he looking at?

It’s up to him to prove this prediction wrong. If not, time has passed him by and it will be time for him to leave.  Time will tell…

9/21/2022 11:33 am  #8

CLK wrote:

Has to be sad to have no hope. I am simply stating my opinion. I am not selling hype and could care less if anyone agrees with me. There is understandably little respect for the Dukes this year based on last years disaster. However, I am optimistic about the season. We will see.

I have hope in many things, but right now, one of them is not Duquesne basketball.   Just tired of falling for the same amateur opinions and speculations.   I'll hold off on any hope until they actually play a game.

it must be seen on the court, not read on the internet.

9/21/2022 11:57 am  #9

townsonkid wrote:

CLK wrote:

Has to be sad to have no hope. I am simply stating my opinion. I am not selling hype and could care less if anyone agrees with me. There is understandably little respect for the Dukes this year based on last years disaster. However, I am optimistic about the season. We will see.

I have hope in many things, but right now, one of them is not Duquesne basketball.   Just tired of falling for the same amateur opinions and speculations.   I'll hold off on any hope until they actually play a game.

Likewise, I am tired of the same chronic negative posters who bring nothing to the table, and only post when they want to vent and Complain about something.  

9/21/2022 3:39 pm  #10

The good news if as I agree with CLK very experienced team no way Dukes come in on the bottom 4 of the A10. My only concern is the lack of a shot blocker (Hima) If Dambrot & team wins coach of the year A-10. If however, Dukes finish last…search for new coach begins. Boy never seen that at Duquesne 😂. I believe in experienced players especially at guard play. Unfortunately, Frank Martin & Archie Miller have made the A10 a big boy league. Hopefully Coach Dambrot & the team are up to the challenge. Go Dukes

9/21/2022 3:46 pm  #11

Don't see the Dukes sitting in last place by season's end but don't look for them to set the world on fire either. Last year really changed my perspective on this program. Need to be resold on it all! Will wait and see.

9/21/2022 5:40 pm  #12

CLK wrote:

I just don't see that. Dambrot won't say it but will, I think this team is more talented, experienced and deeper than any team he has had on the Bluff. We will see, but hopefully the Dukes will take names and kick ass this year.

Yeah the same guy who said last year's ultimate six win team was the most talented team he ever had!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

9/21/2022 5:43 pm  #13

CLK wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

CLK wrote:

Likewise, I am tired of the same chronic negative posters who bring nothing to the table, and only post when they want to vent and Complain about something.  

Well I would be more of a positive poster, if, as a season ticket holder for the last five seasons, actually ever got an email or a phone call from this supposed Division I basketball program, I might see things differently. Last year, I had to call them to renew my tickets! Mickey Mouse operation top to bottom!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

9/21/2022 6:07 pm  #14

I get why we are picked last but it's not happening. 

9/21/2022 6:12 pm  #15

WashPaRick wrote:

I get why we are picked last but it's not happening. 

Right! Like all the guys, me included, last year who laughed at the one guy who predicted that we would win six games?

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (9/21/2022 6:16 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

9/21/2022 6:20 pm  #16

Tejas_Duke wrote:

CLK wrote:

I just don't see that. Dambrot won't say it but will, I think this team is more talented, experienced and deeper than any team he has had on the Bluff. We will see, but hopefully the Dukes will take names and kick ass this year.

Yeah the same guy who said last year's ultimate six win team was the most talented team he ever had!

A lot of people were wrong about last season.  I seem to recall that you predicted a 20-win season. You can blame it on me if it makes you feel better.  

9/21/2022 7:19 pm  #17

I don’t understand how anyone picks anything in this new environment where so few teams have any kind of continuity and expects any degree of success. I have zero predictions. Just entertain me.

9/22/2022 8:48 pm  #18

9/23/2022 7:42 am  #19

All the analysis I have seen seem to forget to mention or under value Joe Reece. I truly believe he will be an impact player for the Dukes. He averaged 11 points and 5 rebounds for BG last season.  

Joe Reece Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

The Dukes will have 5 grad students and two 4-year players all of whom should see significant minutes. 

9/23/2022 4:42 pm  #20

CLK wrote:

All the analysis I have seen seem to forget to mention or under value Joe Reece. I truly believe he will be an impact player for the Dukes. He averaged 11 points and 5 rebounds for BG last season.  

Joe Reece Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

The Dukes will have 5 grad students and two 4-year players all of whom should see significant minutes. 

Who gives a rat's *** about what these self- proclaimed college basketball gurus' have to say. I've read at least three "predictions" and all three have written almost word for word about Dae Dae and then picked three or four names off of the roster in order to fill their  "prediction".
All that matters is what we do on the court and only our team can determine that--not some hack who has no idea what our level of determination is or how big our heart is. Stick to your convictions. If you believe in this team, root your heart out for our men, regardless of what some stranger has to say. And if you don't believe in this team, root your heart out for them anyway.

9/23/2022 4:48 pm  #21

I agree
I think of St. Peter last year

Board footera