Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/27/2013 7:52 pm  #1

Bruiser Flint

Watching Arizona/ Drexel, Didn't Duquesne pass on him as head coach, he has won 215 games at Drexell.

A diehard fan since 1961

11/27/2013 9:17 pm  #2

Re: Bruiser Flint

Hiring Nee over Flint was a big mistake. That said, I think Flint would have done about the same as RE did here. 15-20 wins most years, but probably not a top A10 team. Folks would have been calling for his head after 6-7 years.

11/29/2013 3:11 pm  #3

Bruiser Flint did not do well at UMass.  He had to live up to the Final Four run and expectations of the John Calipari era.  Bruiser also had to deal with the sudden departure of Calipari who went to the NJ Nets (I think).  There may have been a little trash in the program for Bruiser to clean up after Calipari left.

11/29/2013 3:31 pm  #4

Bilgy wrote:

Bruiser Flint did not do well at UMass.  He had to live up to the Final Four run and expectations of the John Calipari era.  Bruiser also had to deal with the sudden departure of Calipari who went to the NJ Nets (I think).  There may have been a little trash in the program for Bruiser to clean up after Calipari left.

I might compare Bruiser to Cinicola. Because of the success of the guy they were replacing, the expectations were much higher than they later became.

Board footera