Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/19/2022 8:29 am  #26

Re: Game Thread - Colgate Raiders

Anyone have news on Reece’s injury?

11/19/2022 8:46 am  #27

When he was helped off the court he couldn’t put a lot of weight on it. He was on the end of the bench with it packed in ice. Fortunately we should be able to give him some time to heal with our next two opponents. 

11/19/2022 9:04 am  #28

The Dome wrote:

When he was helped off the court he couldn’t put a lot of weight on it. He was on the end of the bench with it packed in ice. Fortunately we should be able to give him some time to heal with our next two opponents. 

Dome thanks for the in person view on the game. Agree on the next 2 games give Reece time to heal. Dixon will benefit with more playing time that will only make us better.Was psyched that we could beat this team truely a win to keep building on.
Rotroff Brewer and even Rozier are now big pieces to this puzzle.
9 home games before league play. Being optimistic I think we can win at least 7 if not sweep them😏 wow don’t want to jinx us!

Anyone have insight on Easley suspension? Just guessing but it might be from sulking about playing time.
The team is starting to develop that chemistry that winners always have so hopefully that doesn’t disrupt it.

I will be anxious to see the development of this team the A10 has got to be taking notice!

11/19/2022 9:05 am  #29

Reece and Tre Clark did a defensive job on Colgate's best player, Tucker Richardson--kept him to under half his scoring average.  Colgate, in my opinion, is definitely a tournament team. They are deep much like the Dukes.  And as former women's coach Dan Durkin used to say, they have substantial "girth" with their bigs.

This game will rank as one of the finest exhibitions by a Dukes team that I have witnessed.   Seemed like neither team missed a shot in the first 7-8 minutes of the game.  It was great race horse basketball.  The Dukes won in the end for one major reason--they willed themselves to a win.  It was truly another team victory with important contributions from the point guards (20 points from the two point guards-24 from Dae Dae), the swing players (David Dixon) and the inside kids (Tre Williams brought his "A" game to Akron--as did Austin Rotroff).

11/19/2022 11:03 am  #30

Mudder interesting point on the “will” to win. I’ve thought over the years the Dukes needed to learn how to win games. Often in the past games like last night would have slipped away. I’m I mistaken in thinking that early on KD actually had a sports psychologist come in?
But to your point I couldn’t agree more about last night. 

11/19/2022 12:25 pm  #31

I have heard a rumor, that I really hope is not true, that Easley may not return.  I really like Kevin.  He was a starter last year and was one of the bright spots. It has to be hard to go from starter to end of the bench player.  He has the toughness and talent to take back his starting role if he or Dambrot gives him a chance.  Again, I hope that this is only a rumor, and we see Kevin back playing and winning back his starting role.  

Last edited by CLK (11/19/2022 1:07 pm)

11/20/2022 9:14 am  #32

Nice game article in the Trib. Dave Mackall made the trip over to the game.
https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-beats-colgate-in-keith-dambrots-hometown-akron/

Board footera