Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/01/2022 2:16 pm  #1

Remaining Non League Games

Here are the records and Ken Pom ratings for the remaining home non-league games.
They are a combined 28-14
Our Record 6-1 Ken Pom 112

After Ball State which we should not take lightly nor anyone lightly we will have our hands full.
I would love to sweep them all what Dukes fan wouldn't but I'd also settle for 5-1
If Reece is not 100% let him sit out Ball State also. We can sure use him and Gunn for the rest.

Team         Record Ken POM. Updated Nov 6
Ball St.            4-3        212
Marshall         6-1        105     7-1 -105
N. Mexico St. 3-2        132     4-2- 135
DePaul            4-3        101    5-3- 93
Indiana St.      7-1        130    8-1 -113
Winthrop        4-4        209.    4-5 -223

I updated these numbers just keeps getting tougher
Dukes 7-1 -116

Last edited by Motor (12/06/2022 8:05 am)

12/01/2022 5:38 pm  #2

Re: Remaining Non League Games

BTW.... lots of credit to the coaching staff for not rushing Reece and Gunn back. The conference season is way more important than the non-con, and these are the injuries that could plague the entire season.

Same thing, but different circumstances with Easley. Very talented player, but we saw what happened a few years ago when there was no discipline/accountability. I have no idea what the issues are, but I hope that he gets it together and rejoins the team on the floor. I'd sacrifice a win now for better team dynamics in the long run. This has already gone beyond a slap on the wrist, so Coach must be weighing the personal and team dynamics.

12/01/2022 6:24 pm  #3

Thanks, Motor.  What this non-conference schedule will prove (and has proved so far) is that the Dukes can beat teams outside the top 100.  If that trend continues, it bodes well for the conference slate since there are only 4 teams currently ranked under 100 (Saint Louis 43, Dayton 55, VCU 96 and Richmond 99).

12/01/2022 6:54 pm  #4

I love this year’s schedule (and the results even more so). We’ve always assumed the Dukes road back to the big dance was through the A-10. This kind of schedule opens up the possibility (though still a long shot) of an at-large bid because we can point to a great record (or at least potential at this point) against tournament teams. 9 of the 20 teams we play from Kentucky through Loyola were in the NCAA tournament last year or the year before. Starting with Tuesday, 11 of the next 15 opponents have been in at least one of the last five tourneys. If we can win these games and continue the solid play in conference, the Dukes could make a very interesting blind resume come March.

12/01/2022 7:54 pm  #5

None of them will be easy. Indiana State is probably a bit underrated right now and might be the best of the lot we face OOC. They beat a pretty solid Drake team last night.

12/01/2022 9:54 pm  #6

Something I was surprised at while looking at upcoming games. Checked out the box score of NMS and San Diego and saw that Eric Williams Jr. plays for San Diego. By the way NMS pretty much shut him down.

12/01/2022 10:50 pm  #7

WashPaRick wrote:

Something I was surprised at while looking at upcoming games. Checked out the box score of NMS and San Diego and saw that Eric Williams Jr. plays for San Diego. By the way NMS pretty much shut him down.

He had one really big game so far where he dropped 43. School record. Averaging 14.3 and 10 right now

12/01/2022 10:52 pm  #8

luckymcd wrote:

I love this year’s schedule (and the results even more so). We’ve always assumed the Dukes road back to the big dance was through the A-10. This kind of schedule opens up the possibility (though still a long shot) of an at-large bid because we can point to a great record (or at least potential at this point) against tournament teams. 9 of the 20 teams we play from Kentucky through Loyola were in the NCAA tournament last year or the year before. Starting with Tuesday, 11 of the next 15 opponents have been in at least one of the last five tourneys. If we can win these games and continue the solid play in conference, the Dukes could make a very interesting blind resume come March.

In my opinion we would have to win out non conference play and have 2 and mayyyybe 3 losses at most in non con to better teams in the confernce. We'd have to be the champions of league play, hard but possible!

12/02/2022 6:34 pm  #9

BluffHunter wrote:

In my opinion we would have to win out non conference play and have 2 and mayyyybe 3 losses at most in non con to better teams in the confernce. We'd have to be the champions of league play, hard but possible!

Like I said it’s still a long shot, but at least it’s a possibility this year. In most of Dambrot’s previous seasons even going undefeated in the non-conference wouldn’t have mattered much.

12/02/2022 8:23 pm  #10

BluffHunter wrote:

luckymcd wrote:

I would think that if the team can finish with a total of 4 losses - 3 in conference and the Kentucky loss, an NCAA slot would be forthcoming. Not even a bubble issue. 

12/02/2022 8:44 pm  #11

applecorps wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

luckymcd wrote:

I would think that if the team can finish with a total of 4 losses - 3 in conference and the Kentucky loss, an NCAA slot would be forthcoming. Not even a bubble issue. 

If that resume didn't reset in a bid I'd riot

12/06/2022 8:06 am  #12

Motor wrote:

Here are the records and Ken Pom ratings for the remaining home non-league games.

After Ball State which we should not take lightly nor anyone lightly we will have our hands full.
I would love to sweep them all what Dukes fan wouldn't but I'd also settle for 5-1
If Reece is not 100% let him sit out Ball State also. We can sure use him and Gunn for the rest.

Dukes 7-1 -116

12/06/2022 8:07 am  #13

Motor wrote:

Motor wrote:

Dukes 7-1 -116

See update Today let’s get out and suppport this team
Go Dukes

12/06/2022 11:23 am  #14

Marshall is next, thats all that matters.   Keep on truckin!!!

Anyone been to that burger place where Red Ring was?   Any good for pregame?  They have booze?

12/06/2022 1:10 pm  #15

Yes,
I've been to Moonlit Burgers for pre-game on three occasions and they do have a number of craft beers and a full bar as well.  The food is casual; but people seem to like the offerings.  Check the menu online.  
I would say it is a good spot to stop before or after a game.  

12/06/2022 2:38 pm  #16

Board footera