Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/02/2013 9:48 am  #1

Anybody have

a decent alternate route coming up north to the Palumbo when the Parkway is backed up. Usually happens a couple times each season with wrecks or really heavy traffic.

12/02/2013 11:29 am  #2

Re: Anybody have

The best alternative is to get off at Greentree Rd make a right at the light and a left at Carnahan then a quick left on Crane. Follow it till you get to 51. Once you get to 51 you can either go right or left depending on the time of day. If it's before 7 on a weekday, I'd go left then make the next right on Woodruff before bearing left on Merrimac and following that till it becomes PJ McCardle Roadway. Then go left on the Liberty Bridge. If it's the weekend, you can make a right at 51 and follow signs for the Liberty tunnel.

Honestly though, in some situations you might be better off just staying on the park way. You could always take 19 all the way in.

12/02/2013 12:04 pm  #3

Green Tree Exit. Make a left at the light and follow Green Tree Rd to bottom of the hill. At the three point intersection, turn right (Woodville Ave) and then a left to take Shaler St to the top of the hill. Make a right on Grandview and then take the McArdle Roadway (left at light) to the Liberty Bridge, and of course left to go over bridge and you are right there on campus.. That seems to work for me if the Pawkway is jammed, though I admit to being someone that would rather move on an alternate route than sit in traffic even if it barely saves time.

12/02/2013 6:30 pm  #4

Thanks. I'd much rather be on the move instead of sitting or moving at a snails pace.

Board footera