Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2013 9:37 pm  #1

Early Signing Period

The early period is 11/13 to 11/20.  At this point, unless there is a surprise, it looks like Eric James will be our only signee.

11/18/2013 12:47 pm  #2

Re: Early Signing Period

DU should have received the signed NLI by now for James. Recent video below.

11/18/2013 10:23 pm  #3

I think I would feel a lot better if I knew that we signed another solid player in addition to James.  It's upsetting to me to think that we will have to wait until the Spring Signing period because we put so much hope into Ryan Luther.  Spring is a daunting period for mid majors because the BCS schools swoop in at the end and pick up the higher level 3 star recruits and we end up settling on weaker players.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

12/02/2013 6:55 am  #4

According to this article uber "Players To Watch"

Eric James of Westerville Central, a 6-5 senior guard who averaged 16 points last season, is a tough matchup with his skill set. He has signed with Duquense

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2013/11/27/2013-14-boys-basketball/hsboys-occ-11-27-art-gsnpqpjo-1.html

Not sure why no anouncement from DU.

12/02/2013 9:43 am  #5

Wonder why Mr. Stephen J. Nesbitt hasn't had an article on recruiting since the signing period ended?

12/02/2013 6:00 pm  #6

Simms wrote:

I think I would feel a lot better if I knew that we signed another solid player in addition to James.  It's upsetting to me to think that we will have to wait until the Spring Signing period because we put so much hope into Ryan Luther.  Spring is a daunting period for mid majors because the BCS schools swoop in at the end and pick up the higher level 3 star recruits and we end up settling on weaker players.  

Can work the OTHER way -- players who might not be on our RADAR now could have really good senior seasons -- and get offers from schools like us --  Mike James was signed way at the end of the spring signing period

12/02/2013 7:35 pm  #7

CLK wrote:

According to this article uber "Players To Watch"

Eric James of Westerville Central, a 6-5 senior guard who averaged 16 points last season, is a tough matchup with his skill set. He has signed with Duquense

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/sports/2013/11/27/2013-14-boys-basketball/hsboys-occ-11-27-art-gsnpqpjo-1.html

Not sure why no anouncement from DU.

Feel a heck of a lot better seeing that James signed his papers. With no word after the signing period I was beginning to get a little worried. Looks like a solid player.

Board footera