Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/01/2023 4:29 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - University of Rhode Island Rams

I showed up right at tip and got in line for concessions. I didn't expect it to be smooth running but it was a joke. You finally get people in the door because there are dollar beers and hot dogs but then it takes over a half hour to get it? They were refilling the beer fridge every five minutes running beers on a roller cart... They could have just walked around with the roller carts and accepted $1 bills!

1/02/2023 12:22 pm  #27

It was a madhouse concession wise... and they only had half of each concession stand open??? We had to divide and conquer before the game and at half, each time was about 30 mins. And they were capping the number of beers and hotdogs per transaction, hence the split up so we can actually get our kids hot dogs, otherwise a meltdown would ensue, you know this fellow parents of young ones. Ridiculous... especially when you are promoting Hot Dogs and Beer as the hook to get people "in" the building, then you drop the ball like that...

...but fortunately, the Dukes didn't drop the ball (see what I did there) and handled their business on the court. The crowd was great, and those kids can ball out. I've said this on my Facebook feed, and in the Facebook B-ball channel, but this team is close knit, more so than any I have seen in a while. And in today's basketball landscape, that is super rare.

I like where this season is headed, and where the program is headed. I know we have waited a long time, but... this group is very akin to the early 2000 Pitt teams (I know talking about Pitt here is like talking about Voldemort but bear with me). And why is say that, is that those teams were deep, had great comradery, and everyone had a defined role and excelled (I knew a bunch of those guys personally too, and they were crazy nice off the court). But the main parallel I want to draw here, is that it was the start of a shift, in mindset, winning, brotherhood... it's almost creepy how similar it is, it actually gives me the heeby-jeebies. That class of kids changed Pitt hoops, and made them not just relevant, but a tournament contender almost every year (which has completed faded now but must have been nice for a couple years huh?).

I'm not saying we are or aren't going to make the tourney this year, but I think this class is the one that pushes Duquesne forward to that level we have been waiting for. This is a special group of kids, and I hope that everyone that is bought in stays, regardless of how this year turns out. I'm back to work and this probably was a little longer of a post than I originally planned, but nobody is here, and I had time Go Dukes - Shoo Shoo Rah Rah

1/02/2023 12:59 pm  #28

This team is deep and talented. Rotation may end up being match-up dependent.  I do not see a game on the schedule where we are outmatched.  We need to steal a couple of road games and hold serve at home. 

Agreed on the concesssion issues. It is astonishing to me how underprepared they always are.  It was the same way for the Indiana State Game.  They had half the concessions open. 

Another item that is particularly maddening is the "Best" security guard that stands in the upper decks and blocks the main camera feed during live action.

1/02/2023 8:14 pm  #29

Board footera