Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2023 7:38 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - University of Richmond Spiders

IF there is ANY Justice the checks for the Officials WILL BOUNCE --  They must ALL have Richmond AND THE POINTS!!!   If someone asked one of them the score --  They would probably call Richmond "Us" or "We" and DU as "Them or They"  as in "They Shot Well in the First Half"  We got it under control in the second!!

1/07/2023 7:38 pm  #27

Wow!
Bad shot selection, sloppy play and the worst officiating ever, not to mention a 17-2 start to the half!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/07/2023 7:44 pm  #28

How is that a foul on clark going for a rebound in front of the guy? Some of these foul calls are ridiculous.

1/07/2023 7:45 pm  #29

Wow, as someone pointed out the Refs must have bet on Richmond! This is the worst officiating I have ever seen!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/07/2023 7:47 pm  #30

20 free throws to 3. This is cheating. I can’t believe what i am seeing

1/07/2023 7:56 pm  #31

Refs are bad but so are we.  Defense is awful.

1/07/2023 7:59 pm  #32

Townson, impossible to defend when there is a phntom call on every possession. 26 to 4.

1/07/2023 7:59 pm  #33

townsonkid wrote:

Refs are bad but so are we. Defense is awful.

Well that happens when you know that if you breathe on a Richmond player you are going to get called for a foul, a two shot foul thanks to the Refs!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/07/2023 8:16 pm  #34

Oh my goodness, cherry on top. We have been cheated. We had the ball at midcourt with a numbers up advantage and they award Mooney the timeout?!?!

1/07/2023 8:20 pm  #35

Pathetic. 

1/07/2023 8:24 pm  #36

Unbelievably proud of the effort of our guys again tonight. Would have been very easy to hang your head playing 5v8. Hell, I definitely would have. But no, these guys keep fighting. If I’m Dambrot, I am calling every representative in the Atlantic 10. That was utterly pathetic and unfair to these kids.

1/07/2023 8:24 pm  #37

Dambrot clearly blew this game . Up big time half time chucks3 pointers second half. Hello attack the rim. Mooney , Schmidt owns Dambrot.  Sorry Coach you blew it.

1/07/2023 8:25 pm  #38

The officiating was a complete joke. I'd leave this conference in a NY minute. Dukes will never get and never have been given a fair shake. Not even close to one.

1/07/2023 8:27 pm  #39

Easily the worst officated game I have seen in a long time.  

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

1/07/2023 8:27 pm  #40

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Wow, as someone pointed out the Refs must have bet on Richmond! This is the worst officiating I have ever seen!

Full house of fans, and the officials gave them what they wanted.

1/07/2023 8:27 pm  #41

In the  old saying about "What doesn't kill you........"

I hope we meet Richmond again! I hope it's this year in the A-10 Tourney and I hope they utterly HUMILIATE this team!  I hope they beat  em by 50!!!!!!

Last edited by Tejas_Duke (1/07/2023 8:28 pm)

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

1/07/2023 8:28 pm  #42

We did attack the basket, got not whistles…goal tends included! We got open looks from three as well, just stopped making. Thats hoops. When you get a disparity of 30 to 9 at the stripe, and the scorers tables miscounts the fouls of two players…how could it be on Dambrot? Our gameplan worked to perfection in the first half. Then we played 5v8.

1/07/2023 8:31 pm  #43

Sorry City Duke Dambrot blew it big time. He is not a Chess player. Attack the baske second half with big lead. . Mooney owns him just like Schmidt. Unacceptable!

1/07/2023 8:32 pm  #44

Second half was a fing joke.  What did KD talk about at half time?  51 points in the first half, 22 in the second half.  One thing we did do, is make Quinn a all A10.

1/07/2023 8:40 pm  #45

This game was called one way, simple as that.  While Duquesne does foul more than their opposition - Here it ended with 30 fouls by Duq 9 by Richmond.   I watched the game and my eyes don't deceive.  There were so  may that should not of been called and many where the refs did not call them against Richmond.  No doubt the league needs to review the film for the foul calls going mostly going one direction-- and the fouls not called against Richmond.

Then to add insult to injury, the winning play involved #3 Tyler Burton going to his right and his feet slipping before he gets the pass off to Roche - who then makes the 3 point basket to win the game.  SOMEONE IN THE LEAGUE NEEDS TO LOOK AT THAT PLAY BECAUSE THAT WAS A TRAVEL.

Last edited by gjgsr (1/07/2023 10:05 pm)

1/07/2023 8:45 pm  #46

Sorry blame it on the refs. Please up 20 & blow it. Coaching. If the game was close throughout ok but Dambrot blew it. No excuses…..

1/07/2023 8:46 pm  #47

Iron, I encourage you to watch the game back.

1/07/2023 8:55 pm  #48

CityDuke wrote:

Iron, I encourage you to watch the game back.

Second half, we either chose to slow down or Richmond slowed our pace. The Dukes were much more half court in the second and that didn't work well against a taller team on their court, and yes,  the ref's did their best to screw us. Still we had our chances to the end. I just wished these Dukes were told at half time to add to their lead instead of sitting on it.

1/07/2023 8:57 pm  #49

Hey guys, it’s been a nice ride on the board, but I think I’m going to take a break for some time (if not forever).  I’ve enjoyed the conversations but ultimately I think this message board just tends to get me angry and upset.  I feel like the negatively abounds, even when we win, and I’ve enjoyed this year a lot.  I think we have a legit shot to win the A10 tournament, and if we ever do somehow make it to the Dance, I’ll be there!  You can find me on Twitter from here on out tweeting sometimes during the games!

Go Dukes!

"You have to be realistic about these things."  - Logen Ninefingers

1/07/2023 8:59 pm  #50

This one hurts.   Better come out with fire in their eyes, hearts and bellies vs St Joe.

Board footera