Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/26/2023 9:45 am  #1

Sad Day

I had not signed in to this site in a few days and received this message in my inbox on1/23.  I am very sad, and honestly at a loss for words.  I never met Bleeds Red & Blue, but we became friends on this message board. He shared with me that he was not well but hoping to make it through this season.  A bigger DU basketball fan you will not find, and I know he is with the Lord rooting for the Dukes.  Please join me in praying for his family.  

Mr. CLK:
It is with my deepest sorrow to inform you that Bleeds Red & Blue passed very recently. Among his many directives, he left explicit directions on how to reach you and convey his regards to you as a friend and his contact with the Duquesne message board. He also wanted you to know that he will be wearing a Duquesne shirt under his suit when they lay him to rest.
Bleeds Red and Blue led a very extraordinary life. Some might say the many contributions to his country and fellow man were the essence of novels and screenplays. But that is between him and God.
I will close his beloved account with your message board. My last instruction, which is mandatory, is to scream, "Let's Go Dukes!"

1/26/2023 10:18 am  #2

Re: Sad Day

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.”
― Mitch Albom

Bleeds Red & Blue is inexorably linked to this message board.  That relationship shall not end.  

Last edited by Styles1229 (1/26/2023 10:18 am)

1/26/2023 10:37 am  #3

CLK wrote:

I had not signed in to this site in a few days and received this message in my inbox on1/23.  I am very sad, and honestly at a loss for words.  I never met Bleeds Red & Blue, but we became friends on this message board. He shared with me that he was not well but hoping to make it through this season.  A bigger DU basketball fan you will not find, and I know he is with the Lord rooting for the Dukes.  Please join me in praying for his family.  

Mr. CLK:
It is with my deepest sorrow to inform you that Bleeds Red & Blue passed very recently. Among his many directives, he left explicit directions on how to reach you and convey his regards to you as a friend and his contact with the Duquesne message board. He also wanted you to know that he will be wearing a Duquesne shirt under his suit when they lay him to rest.
Bleeds Red and Blue led a very extraordinary life. Some might say the many contributions to his country and fellow man were the essence of novels and screenplays. But that is between him and God.
I will close his beloved account with your message board. My last instruction, which is mandatory, is to scream, "Let's Go Dukes!"

Very sorry to hear. Thankyou for informing us of his passing.

1/26/2023 1:58 pm  #4

My sympathy to his family.   He was a thoughtful respectful contributor to the message board.  

1/26/2023 2:15 pm  #5

Very sorry to hear.  Sad indeed. Prayers to friends and family.  RIP Bleeds Red and Blue.  Thank you for letting us know CLK.

1/26/2023 3:15 pm  #6

He will be missed by many. My condolences to the family.
Rest in peace!

1/26/2023 3:56 pm  #7

Sad. My condolences to his family and friends.

1/26/2023 4:43 pm  #8

I'm so sorry to hear this news.  Please accept my deepest condolences to his family and friends.  As he wished, LET'S GO DUKES!

1/26/2023 4:46 pm  #9

Rest In Peace. I love that he will be wearing a Duquesne shirt underneath his suit. My condolences to the family... I'll let out a let's go Dukes scream out my window later tonight in memory as I pass the University on Blvd of the Allies.

1/26/2023 6:28 pm  #10

Rest in Peace Bleed Red & Blue, a greater fan there is not.  Prayers to your family my friend and thanks CLK for letting us all know.  

1/27/2023 10:13 am  #11

Indeed is sad, seemed like a class act.    RIP.

1/27/2023 10:16 am  #12

Thanks CLK very powerful post. RIP & prayers to his family.

1/27/2023 6:17 pm  #13

CLK wrote:

Mr. CLK:

so sorry to hear of his pasing. May he rest in peace and join the Heavenly choir of Dukes fans

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/06/2023 5:17 pm  #14

Sorry to learn of this.  My prayers and condolences for his family.

2/06/2023 10:14 pm  #15

Very sad news. Prayers to his family...

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

Board footera