Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2023 9:31 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - George Mason University Patriots

Adam Rotroff played a strong game. If he can contribute like this down the stretch they can make some noise in the A10

2/08/2023 9:32 pm  #27

Let's have an end of the season run for a change. Keep it rolling.

2/08/2023 9:36 pm  #28

Bonnies probably showing up Saturday in a sour mood. 

2/08/2023 9:51 pm  #29

1111 Vickroy wrote:

Adam Rotroff played a strong game. If he can contribute like this down the stretch they can make some noise in the A10

Austin played a strong game again. He came in of the bench really messed with GM inside game. He pulled down some great rebounds and scored under the basket.

2/08/2023 9:58 pm  #30

CLK wrote:

That was one of the best defensive games I have seen by this team this year. Everybody contributed in a big way, so I don't want to single out any player.  What a team victory!  When the Dukes play with this type of intensity, they can beat any team in this league.  Congratulations to KD on number 500.

I agree. It's hard to single out anyone player for the win. So many Dukes played so well. And this team can keep up the pace with so many quality players going in and out. Nice crowd, not full, but not empty either. Great atmosphere in the Coop. It's fun to win.

2/08/2023 10:27 pm  #31

Grant was terrific as well. He can do it alone but he looks to pass and he is a ball hawk.

2/08/2023 11:06 pm  #32

WashPaRick wrote:

Should be a good game. Last game SB was up by 20 in the first 10 minutes, then for the next 30 minutes, we actually out played them. Losing by just 9 points. These Dukes are playing at a better pace than that game and the coaches should have a winning game plan for Sat. Big game for the Dukes to pull ahead of SB in the standings.

2/08/2023 11:47 pm  #33

LeBron’s congratulatory message to Keith Dambrot….
https://youtube.com/shorts/gnStPtOvt8Q?feature=share

2/09/2023 2:10 am  #34

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

LeBron’s congratulatory message to Keith Dambrot….
https://youtube.com/shorts/gnStPtOvt8Q?feature=share

Fantastic!!

2/09/2023 2:14 am  #35

2/09/2023 2:27 am  #36

Here's a thread of videos of friends of Dambrot's congratulating him including Shaka Smart, Bob Huggins, and others that Dambrot have affected:
https://twitter.com/DuqMBB/status/1623508664123547649/photo/1

2/09/2023 2:43 am  #37

George Mason Coach Kim English's statements on the game:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bme2gPJIolE

2/09/2023 7:22 am  #38

Another absolutely awesome defensive performance. Man, when this team is locked in defensively and run the floor, they are so exciting.  We forced 21 turnovers and limited a very good shooting team to 5 threes, 2 coming when the game was already over. Another decisive victory, and the crazy thing is I thought we could have been even better, specifically offensively.  We missed more open shots (free throws included) than we are accustomed to seeing, but we still took care of business. That being said, our offense looked just as fluid and selfless as last game. 

For me, the response player of this game was Tevin Brewer. Many have critiqued Brewer over the last few weeks, and he has responded in a major way over the past two games. Grant was superb once again.  Rotroff was a beast. We just have so many guys that could shine on any given night, and they all seem to love giving each other their moments.  That is what makes this team so fun to watch

Congrats to Dambrot on 500!

Last edited by CityDuke (2/09/2023 7:24 am)

2/09/2023 8:36 am  #39

Trey Williams shut down Oduro 2nd half.Entire team played great defense. Rotroff was a beast on the boards. Congrats to Coach Dambrot 500. Now the next goal or miracle is for the Dukes to go to the big dance in March. Go Dukes.

2/09/2023 8:59 am  #40

Ironduke81 wrote:

Trey Williams shut down Oduro 2nd half.Entire team played great defense. Rotroff was a beast on the boards. Congrats to Coach Dambrot 500. Now the next goal or miracle is for the Dukes to go to the big dance in March. Go Dukes.

Tre couldn't score in this game because they doubled him fast all game, but he kicked it out to the perimeter and they found the open shot more. GM came into the game with the thought of shutting him down, but it opened up the perimeter. And that number 13 that covered Tre was a Moose! He pushed everyone around all night and never fouled?  

2/09/2023 9:06 am  #41

NapaDuke wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Should be a good game. Last game SB was up by 20 in the first 10 minutes, then for the next 30 minutes, we actually out played them. Losing by just 9 points. These Dukes are playing at a better pace than that game and the coaches should have a winning game plan for Sat. Big game for the Dukes to pull ahead of SB in the standings.

I predict a large crowd Saturday.  A friend of mine could not get a ticket near me in my section and that never happens.  The Bona faithful show up loud and proud for these games so I hope our fans do as well.  This will be the most raucous crowd our boys have seen at the Coop (I know that's not saying much but still.)  This could be a defining moment for this team.  A rival.  At home. Big crowd.  Important game in the standings.  On a roll.   I've been waiting for a game like this.  I think the Dukes win the day.

2/09/2023 9:09 am  #42

Fantastic win last night.  Great crowd and student showing.  The guys are playing with so much enthusiasm sharing the ball and playing great D led by Clark who should be Defensive Player of the year. At least on the all defensive team. Grant has definitely come out of his slump and is a team player.  Rarely forces a shot and throws some nifty passes for assists.

Saturday is a HUGE game for this team and program.  It's RED OUT day and I am hearing rumblings of a possible sell out? National TV game.
Thanks for the great season keep it going.
Go Dukes

Last edited by Motor (2/09/2023 9:10 am)

2/09/2023 9:59 am  #43

Everyone seems to understand their role on this team. Players are asked to do only that which they are capable of doing especially our bigs. This in itself is a huge improvement over what we witnessed early on. I give full credit to KD and the staff for this. Two outstanding games back to back which is the best basketball we've seen  on the bluff since Hughes, Weathers, Sincere and company. Keep it going!

2/09/2023 10:11 am  #44

Congrats Coach D.  It appears that he has moved to letting the team run as that is when they are most successful.  Mason tried to slow them down with a soft press but their players aren’t good enough.

Schmidt is an excellent coach and has better players than Mason.  I look for Schmidt to put forth a stronger press and game plan for Grant.  It’s been a while since we beat them.  They travel well and will have a lot of fans.  We need to make some noise and beat a team we always struggle with.  Go Dukes.

2/09/2023 10:16 am  #45

Rotroff and Dixon stepped up bigly last night.   Really limited GM, and their superstar big that Cannon was drooling over repeatedly.   Big Dave can do a lot, he brings the ball across mid court sometimes!!!   Really impressed with him, and his potential.  

2/09/2023 10:21 am  #46

I expect Grant to be contained fairly well by the Bonnie defense. It won't be enough if others step up. Need a big game from Clark and maybe Gunn and Brewer. If we don't shoot well from the perimeter, it could be rough.

2/09/2023 11:41 am  #47

Our Dukes are playing with great confidence and intensity.  I want to see them absolutely pound the Bonnies.  Not necessary to tell me you would be happy with a 1 point win, that goes without saying.  Keep the positive vibes going.

There were several great tweets from last night.  I liked the one from KD's family the best.  Beautiful family.  Hoping this is the year his dad's request of Keith getting the Dukes back to the big dance is fulfilled.  Go Dukes! 

ADambrot on Twitter: "We love you, @CoachDambrot and we are so proud of all that you have accomplished!" / Twitter

2/09/2023 2:14 pm  #48

More kudos for the defensive effort. Biggest difference that I saw was that they didn't just cover the man, they covered the passing lanes in the half court defense. That limited open looks to the wings and the subsequent need for someone to rush the shooter once the ball is already on its way. Really liked Austin's offensive boards as well.

Favorite play of the game, tho, was a little touch pass that Reese made to Gunn (?) for an easy dunk in the second half. Looks like good team basketball.

2/09/2023 3:06 pm  #49

rosceaux wrote:

More kudos for the defensive effort. Biggest difference that I saw was that they didn't just cover the man, they covered the passing lanes in the half court defense. That limited open looks to the wings and the subsequent need for someone to rush the shooter once the ball is already on its way. Really liked Austin's offensive boards as well.

Favorite play of the game, tho, was a little touch pass that Reese made to Gunn (?) for an easy dunk in the second half. Looks like good team basketball.

I liked that one.  I also liked that quick pass in the lane from Dae Dae to Big Joe in the first half resulting in a dunk.  Dae Dae just zipped the pass over the shoulder and Big Joe was ready for it.  the sharing of the ball has been so fun to watch. 

2/09/2023 3:21 pm  #50

Good defense resulting in missed shots and steals creates transition opportunities.  The Dukes capitalized on that in the last two games.  The Dukes defensive efficiency is now 135th in the country; down from 231st in mid-December.  This improvement is why the Dukes are poised to beat any team in the A-10.

Also, did my eyes deceive me - didn't Austin Rotroff have at least one defensive rebound?  He was credited for 5 offensive rebounds but no defensive rebounds.

Board footera