Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/12/2023 11:50 am  #51

Re: Game Thread - St. Bonaventure University Bonnies (H)

2/12/2023 12:53 pm  #52

NapaDuke wrote:

Dukes now in 5th place 1/2 game out of 4th. If we didn't get screwed in the closing seconds at Richmond let alone a couple of mindless loses, we could have been right now in first place. But of course, the reality is we are 5th with a very good chance of finishing 4th or better, but it does prove how close this team is playing like a top team in the A-10 this season.

IF we don't get screwed THE ENTIRE GAME at Richmond.  There FIFY

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

2/12/2023 1:28 pm  #53

C'mon man. The Dukes coughed up a 22 point lead including a 15 point halftime advantage. I agree, the officiating sucked but, it didn't suck enough to kill a lead that large.

That loss is 90% on the players & coaches. I guarantee they know that as they have clearly progressed from that point in the season

2/12/2023 1:46 pm  #54

Tejas_Duke wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

Dukes now in 5th place 1/2 game out of 4th. If we didn't get screwed in the closing seconds at Richmond let alone a couple of mindless loses, we could have been right now in first place. But of course, the reality is we are 5th with a very good chance of finishing 4th or better, but it does prove how close this team is playing like a top team in the A-10 this season.

IF we don't get screwed THE ENTIRE GAME at Richmond.  There FIFY

Amen brother! Hopefully we can take care of business and not have to worry about this "what if."  But that was a travesty.  In all my years of watching college hoops, I have never seen such a lopsided officiating performance.  26-4 free throw disparity late in the second half, phantom calls, missed goal tends, every bang/bang play going their way, scorers table miscounting the fouls of two of our players leading to foul outs.  Wow, I still get fired up just thinking back on it. 

2/12/2023 2:06 pm  #55

phil95 wrote:

C'mon man. The Dukes coughed up a 22 point lead including a 15 point halftime advantage. I agree, the officiating sucked but, it didn't suck enough to kill a lead that large.

That loss is 90% on the players & coaches. I guarantee they know that as they have clearly progressed from that point in the season

Yes the are a streaky team.   But the refs accounted for a heck of a lot mere than the 2 points they lost by.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

2/12/2023 2:25 pm  #56

A few weeks ago I watched Dayton take a 16 point lead in the first half at home against VCU and lose.  Dayton had a 5 point lead and the ball with 30 seconds left in the game and lost.  When it happens to your team it's painful but it happens every night in college basketball.  Let's hope the Dukes got it out of their system and continue to play well through the tournament.  In the A-10 this year, anything can happen and Duquesne seems to have as good a chance as anyone else to win the tournament.

2/12/2023 4:01 pm  #57

phil95 wrote:

Truth. There is no way RE would have lost that game

2/12/2023 8:29 pm  #58

I love RE as much as the next person but....Truth,  RE had no team that would ever have had a 22 point lead at Richmond,

2/12/2023 8:41 pm  #59

Hey guys I was as ticked off as anyone after we lost that game to Richmond. In fact I couldn’t sleep that night!
But now it’s over I’ve moved on! The only important thing going on for me is how we are playing now! 
I also loved RE as coach and enjoyed his time here also but let’s go Dukes beat Hawks! That’s what drives me now!

2/12/2023 8:51 pm  #60

The A10 has big time coaches. Maybe that is the reason top to bottom teams very close in the rankings. No easy wins.

2/12/2023 10:39 pm  #61

rosceaux wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Yeah, you are right.  The closest RE ever got to that was when he blew a 16 point lead to arch-rival Pitt during the City Game in 2009...

2/13/2023 6:13 am  #62

I was at the game and we thought the last shot was good, but after watching it five times at different angles I still can't tell.

A lot of winnable games down the stretch, would like to see more Dixon.

Great atmosphere at the Coop, now if they can only turn down the music.

https://youtu.be/6fFb7mmv_wE

2/13/2023 8:46 am  #63

indygjm wrote:

rosceaux wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Yeah, you are right.  The closest RE ever got to that was when he blew a 16 point lead to arch-rival Pitt during the City Game in 2009...

I was there. That was painful. Dixon out coached RE in that second half.

2/13/2023 8:51 am  #64

I have no idea why, but while watching the SB yesterday, thought entered my mind that the St Joes game is going to be another last second game.   Wont look anything like the game out there earlier this year.

2/13/2023 11:30 am  #65

NapaDuke wrote:

indygjm wrote:

rosceaux wrote:

I was there. That was painful. Dixon out coached RE in that second half.

Dixon did keep KD away from a technical foul. Also, in his few minutes on the floor he executed a great, athletic shot rejection. Really hoping this guy stays in the program. I think he's gonna be all A-10 in a year or 2.

2/13/2023 8:59 pm  #66

Dixon with some work in the weight room and adding 15 lbs will really be something next year.

Board footera