Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/18/2023 4:54 pm  #1

REMARKABLE Performance at the Cooper Center Today

Women beat Richmond 83-69 in a game that see-sawed back and forth -  team made some free throws at the end and Richmond went cold the last few minutes ---  Megan had 23 points 18 rebounds (These are NOT typos!!) and 8 assists --  In ALL the years I've been going to games (both men and women)  This is AS GOOD as a performance I have witnessed-   

2/19/2023 12:38 pm  #2

Re: REMARKABLE Performance at the Cooper Center Today

I’ve been around basketball for a long time, but I can’t remember any point guard not named Magic score 20+ points and grab 18-rebounds!  That is an incredible performance by Megan. 
I was also surprised to see Megan make 4-three-pointers,.  I saw games earlier this season when teams repeatedly backed off her to stop the drive, and dared her to shoot the three, but she did not even try!  I felt at the time that she had to take that shot to make teams come out and guard the 3-point line.  Now that she is successfully taking threes I wonder why not earlier in the season?  Could she have had an injury, or just lost confidence in her shot?

Board footera