Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2023 6:48 pm  #1

Double bye scenarios

One scenario I haven't heard is if USL, Duquesne, Fordham, and GW all finish 11-7. Does anybody know what two teams would get the double bye? Hopefully, USL wins tonight because don't think GMU is going to beat Richmond tomorrow. Just a gut feeling.

3/03/2023 9:51 pm  #2

Re: Double bye scenarios

Rayrich wrote:

One scenario I haven't heard is if USL, Duquesne, Fordham, and GW all finish 11-7. Does anybody know what two teams would get the double bye? Hopefully, USL wins tonight because don't think GMU is going to beat Richmond tomorrow. Just a gut feeling.

Since we play Fordham, both teams can't win. So this scenario is impossible. As best I can tell, with St. Louis winning tonight all we need to do to lock up the double bye is beat Fordham. We have the tiebreaker over Fordham based on beating top seed VCU. We also have the tiebreakers over George Mason and George Washington having beaten both of them. So no matter which collection of teams are involved in the 11-7 tie we will have the tiebreaker.

3/03/2023 10:15 pm  #3

Re: Double bye scenarios

luckymcd wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Since we play Fordham, both teams can't win. So this scenario is impossible. As best I can tell, with St. Louis winning tonight all we need to do to lock up the double bye is beat Fordham. We have the tiebreaker over Fordham based on beating top seed VCU. We also have the tiebreakers over George Mason and George Washington having beaten both of them. So no matter which collection of teams are involved in the 11-7 tie we will have the tiebreaker.

Irrelevant now that USL won, but could have happened since Fordham is 11-6 and Duquesne is 10-7. Anyway, Go Dukes!

Board footera