Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/18/2023 12:24 pm  #1

I want to go to a NCAA tournament game with Duquesne playing

Its been 46 years and Dukes dont seem even close to gettiing a invite.The A10 sucks,VCU out,,no NIIT teams ,Duquesne is in this pathetically irrelevant tournament.Move to the NEC,Dukes could outspend every school in NEC
and we would be in the tournament every other year.I am going to eventually die and the chances of me watching Dukes in tournament in scumbag A10 are zero.Lets stop thinking Duquesne is going to become a nartional power
because its not acheivable.Duquesnes glory days ended when  mills closed and folks left a dying city in Pittsburgh.
 Duquesne built this pathetic gym AJ PALUMBO and it sucked. Administration has sucked forever and Dukes are stuck.

3/18/2023 12:30 pm  #2

Re: I want to go to a NCAA tournament game with Duquesne playing

Duquesne cant compete against better A10 teams,fanbase sucks,facilities below avg.,and guys like Harper cant find their ass with 2 hands.

3/18/2023 12:33 pm  #3

Well, you can live vicariously through Pitt since that Coach and program, which has been terrible for years, after being very good for many years, has resurrected itself through their coach and transfers.

Go Dukes!

3/18/2023 12:36 pm  #4

Fans of Duquesne are a smart bunch and will never be stupid enough to pay players enough money to want to play here.Paying a stipend is a possiblity depending on the player being economically disadvantaged.

3/18/2023 12:42 pm  #5

Im not going to pay players to come to Duquesne when there are plenty of people who need assistance
in finding a home to live in or need money to buy food for their families. A free education,and a stipend is good enough.

3/18/2023 12:52 pm  #6

All I can say is Jesus must be extremely dissappointed when folks donate money to a college to upgrade their  locker rooms ,athletic facilities when thousands of kids are malnourished or lack good homes to thrive.

3/18/2023 12:56 pm  #7

Duquesne shouldnt be involved in this race to grab glory on a athletic venue,Its a school to educate and not
entertain the alumni.Thats why going NEC makes a lot of sense.

3/18/2023 1:29 pm  #8

stew wrote:

Duquesne shouldnt be involved in this race to grab glory on a athletic venue,Its a school to educate and not

Forget the NEC, just the Patriot or the MAAC would do. Remember St. Peter's last year?  That could be us!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/18/2023 6:09 pm  #9

Tejas_Duke wrote:

stew wrote:

Forget the NEC, just the Patriot or the MAAC would do. Remember St. Peter's last year?  That could be us!

Fairleigh-Dickerson, the smallest team in the tourney, a 16th set that didn't win their conf, but was 2nd but got to play because the first place team didn't qualify by rule, that team just beat the TALLEST team in the tourney, Purdue, They played fast and smart. Pressed most of the game and hasseled the 7'4" center to keep his touches to a min, Has to be the greatest upset in NCAA history.  FD would never get to the dance if they were in the A-10. RM gets there too many times when they would never in the A-10 too.

3/18/2023 6:48 pm  #10

Good God, this board should apply for a group discount for Prozac.  Stay in the A10.  I would never advocate stepping down to a lower conference.  The A10 had a down year, but it will be back.  Our presence in this league provides a recognition that we wouldn't have in a lesser conference.  Irrespective of where we finish in basketball, the question for me is where the university is in 10 years. Enrollments are nationally down 8% across the country.  There is a trend where students are opting for alternatives to college degrees for careers.  Tuitions are out of control.  Stepping back will only make things more difficult for the university in the long term.  

Board footera