Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/25/2023 12:02 pm  #1

Artificial Intelligence - ChatGPT

I have been playing around with a few of the new AI versions, since it seems it is all the rage today.  I decided to ask a question about Duquesne basketball wondering if any insights can be provided (since human intelligence hasn't worked so well over the past 46 years ).  Here's the first question and the AI answer:

What is needed in order to improve Duquesne basketball into a very competitive team in the Atlantic 10 conference?

Improving Duquesne basketball into a very competitive team in the Atlantic 10 conference would require several key elements, including:

1) Recruiting: To become a top team in the conference, Duquesne needs to attract top-level talent. This means recruiting players with strong basketball skills, as well as good academic records and character. The team should focus on recruiting in the local area, as well as expanding their recruiting efforts nationally and internationally.

2) Coaching: The coaching staff must be able to develop the talent they recruit and build a strong team culture. The coaches should be experienced and knowledgeable about the game, as well as skilled at motivating and teaching their players.

3) Facilities: Having modern and well-equipped facilities is essential for attracting and developing top-level talent. This includes not only the basketball arena but also training facilities, locker rooms, and other amenities.

4) Community support: To build a successful program, Duquesne needs the support of the local community. This means engaging with fans, alumni, and donors to generate enthusiasm and financial support for the team.

5) Game strategy: Developing a winning game strategy is crucial for success in the Atlantic 10 conference. The team needs to be able to adapt to different opponents and situations, as well as execute their game plan effectively.

6) Player development: To compete with the best teams in the conference, Duquesne needs to develop their players to the best of their ability. This means providing individualized coaching and training programs, as well as opportunities for players to gain experience through competition.

By focusing on these key elements, Duquesne can build a successful basketball program and become a very competitive team in the Atlantic 10 conference.
-------

Funny, in this answer I hear the viewpoints of many different posters on this board. 

3/25/2023 12:05 pm  #2

Re: Artificial Intelligence - ChatGPT

Second question....

What basketball players in the Verbal Commits 2023 Transfer Portal should Duquesne basketball recruit to improve their team?

As an AI language model, I do not have access to real-time updates on the Verbal Commits 2023 Transfer Portal, and my training data only goes up to September 2021. However, I can give you some general tips on how to identify potential transfer recruits for Duquesne basketball.

To start, it's important to consider the team's current roster and areas where they may need improvement. Then, you can look at the transfer portal to see which players fit those needs and have the potential to make a positive impact on the team.

One useful resource for identifying potential transfer targets is the Verbal Commits website. You can use the search function to filter players by position, class year, and other criteria to find those who may be a good fit for the team.

In addition to the Verbal Commits website, there are other recruiting databases and scouting services that can provide insights into potential transfer recruits. It's also important to stay up-to-date on news and rumors related to the transfer portal, as new players may become available at any time.

Ultimately, the best approach is to have a thorough understanding of the team's needs and a clear recruiting strategy, and to use all available resources to identify and pursue the best transfer recruits.

3/25/2023 12:08 pm  #3

Third question....

What actions are needed in order to get Duquesne basketball into the NCAA Tournament after a 46 year absence?

To get Duquesne basketball into the NCAA Tournament after a 46-year absence, the following actions could be helpful:

1) Build a Strong Team: The first step would be to build a strong basketball team that can compete at a high level. This can be done by recruiting talented players and developing them into a cohesive team that can play well together.

2) Develop a Winning Culture: To be successful in basketball, a winning culture must be established. This involves creating a mindset that emphasizes hard work, determination, and a commitment to excellence.

3) Schedule Tough Non-Conference Opponents: One way to improve the team's chances of making it to the NCAA Tournament is to schedule tough non-conference opponents. This will give the team the opportunity to prove themselves against top competition and improve their ranking.

4) Win Conference Games: Winning games within the conference is crucial for securing a spot in the NCAA Tournament. To do this, the team must be well-prepared and execute their game plan effectively.

5) Consistent Performance: Consistent performance throughout the season is essential. The team must avoid long losing streaks and maintain their momentum by winning games consistently.

6) Strong Finishing: Strong finishing to the season is important as well. The team must be playing their best basketball at the end of the season when the selection committee is making their decisions.

7) Appeal to Selection Committee: Finally, the team should make an appeal to the selection committee by showcasing their strong record, quality wins, and overall performance throughout the season. This will increase their chances of being selected for the NCAA Tournament.

3/25/2023 1:07 pm  #4

These are solid questions and answers, but, does the present coaching staff, especially KD look prepared to achieve these goals?

3/25/2023 3:35 pm  #5

NapaDuke wrote:

These are solid questions and answers, but, does the present coaching staff, especially KD look prepared to achieve these goals?

Great question, Napa. I'm just not sure that I've seen enough evidence to believe that this staff can get it done. This past season was a big improvement over the previous year. It will take that kind of recruitment again this off season to effect such a change. Then those players need to be coached up to play at the high level required to compete in the A-10. Will these things happen? I truly hope so but I need to see a great effort in the coming year to convince me that it will happen. The final half dozen games or so did nothing to bolster any confidence that I may have in the current staff. I'll leave it at that.

3/25/2023 4:14 pm  #6

El Presidente wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

Great question, Napa. I'm just not sure that I've seen enough evidence to believe that this staff can get it done. This past season was a big improvement over the previous year. It will take that kind of recruitment again this off season to effect such a change. Then those players need to be coached up to play at the high level required to compete in the A-10. Will these things happen? I truly hope so but I need to see a great effort in the coming year to convince me that it will happen. The final half dozen games or so did nothing to bolster any confidence that I may have in the current staff. I'll leave it at that.

Bingo! Just saying.

3/26/2023 8:05 am  #7

Agreed. Winning comes from the top. Dayton has the perfect culture in place to win and keep winning. Their coaches leave every five years or so to a Power-5 or Big East school. New coach comes in. By year two he's winning 22 to 24 games. Phoenix, do you think it's risky to ask any of the AI's when Skynet will come online!!!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/26/2023 9:24 am  #8

KenOTR73 wrote:

Agreed. Winning comes from the top. Dayton has the perfect culture in place to win and keep winning. Their coaches leave every five years or so to a Power-5 or Big East school. New coach comes in. By year two he's winning 22 to 24 games. Phoenix, do you think it's risky to ask any of the AI's when Skynet will come online!!!

KenOTR73, ask and you shall receive…. “The fictional artificial general intelligence system called Skynet is not real, so it will not come online.“

3/26/2023 5:35 pm  #9

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

...Funny, in this answer I hear the viewpoints of many different posters on this board. 

No surprise there, a lot of what ChatGPT does is curate existing content on the web. This board easily generates the most content on how to improve Duquesne basketball. See what it thinks about who our next coach is going to be...;-)

3/26/2023 8:16 pm  #10

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

KenOTR73 wrote:

KenOTR73, ask and you shall receive…. “The fictional artificial general intelligence system called Skynet is not real, so it will not come online.“

TY Phoenix. Never sure which version of Arnold is going to show..

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

3/27/2023 7:55 am  #11

DennisC91 wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

...Funny, in this answer I hear the viewpoints of many different posters on this board. 

No surprise there, a lot of what ChatGPT does is curate existing content on the web. This board easily generates the most content on how to improve Duquesne basketball. See what it thinks about who our next coach is going to be...;-)

This is an accurate description ChatGPT's methodology. The content is truly just a regurgitation of the comments from the people who write on this board, with maybe the few media bits from the local press. The output is written along the stylistic lines of the programmers.

Board footera