Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/01/2023 11:13 am  #1

Telling statistic

Final four teams: 19 NIL players and 1 true freshman playing a significant role.

4/01/2023 11:23 am  #2

Re: Telling statistic

pressurecooker wrote:

Final four teams: 19 NIL players and 1 true freshman playing a significant role.

How do you know that they are NIL.  Just because they transferred doesn't prove NIL money was at play.  

4/01/2023 12:37 pm  #3

Here is an awesome compilation of contradictory stats on the subject.
https://businessofcollegesports.com/name-image-likeness/all-the-stats-for-year-1-of-nil/

4/01/2023 8:45 pm  #4

I failed to disclose that I gleaned this information from a sports commentary, I did not personally check bank accounts, and I failed to allow for the probability that the players transferred because they liked the number of volumes in the university libraries. 

4/01/2023 9:15 pm  #5

Pressure before you engage in such random speculation, please insure you have established an appropriate chain of custody and make sure that your information is obtained through a properly issued subpoena..

4/02/2023 11:24 am  #6

Not sure of all of the NIL stuff, but I am rooting for Connecticut because of Hurley.  I remember when he was in the A-10 with Rhode Island and how well he did.  Now there are a number of "good"coaches that just came into the league the last two years.  VCU's coach just moved up to Penn State and yes, going to the Big10 from the A10 is a move up due to the teams, overall competitiveness, TV package, $$ in the programs, etc.  The George Mason coach  was hired away.  Pitt did an awesome job this past year after being terrible many years before it.  For me, I guess I'll just utter the Duquesne Cry of the Chicago Cubs for many years and also the Duquesne Dukes.  WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!

Board footera