Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/05/2023 12:45 pm  #1

4/05/2023 1:31 pm  #2

Re: Drame Twins To Duquesne

Thanks CLK, do you see these guys at the 3 or the 4?  I think this is a step up from RJG though.  I like it.  

4/05/2023 2:12 pm  #3

Don't know too much about them. I see that they each have had some big games stat wise but overall averages not too impressive. How much did they play at Lasalle? Both seniors?

4/05/2023 2:20 pm  #4

Grad transfers, I think. It is important that Dixon and Barre get more playing time than them.

4/05/2023 2:24 pm  #5

They were described as depth.
Wonder why they left LaSalle for one yr.
Will they receive sholies?

4/05/2023 3:06 pm  #6

PistolPete wrote:

Thanks CLK, do you see these guys at the 3 or the 4?  I think this is a step up from RJG though.  I like it.  

Pistol not feeling it. Don’t have faith in the coaching staff to turn the twins into offensive juggernauts.Agree about RJ Gunner. Still waiting on a point guard over 5’8. Pick & roll has killed Dambrot over the years with small point guards. Don’t blame Mcgriff for leaving. Need to see more thru the portal. CLK thanks for your efforts👍

4/05/2023 3:12 pm  #7

Dambrot still looking to add another big. Hoping to see Dixon as our starting 4.  Drames can play 3nd and 4.

https://twitter.com/PghSportsNow/status/1643694321919557632?s=20

4/05/2023 3:19 pm  #8

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/la-salle/la-salle-hassan-fousseyni-drame-transfer-duquesne-20230405.html
The Philly Newspapers are FAST
I see these guys as great pickups for the Dukes.  And probably assures us that Barre will be back strong.

4/05/2023 3:21 pm  #9

Both of these guys played significant roles in getting St..Peter’s to the Elite 8; and they have a year of A10 experience. I can see them being Swiss Army knives for the Dukes. They can be used at PF, C or  SF depending upon the matchup. Fills the roster holes created by the departures of Reece and Gunn. Also, doesn’t block the long term playing time and roles for Dixon and Barre.

4/05/2023 3:50 pm  #10

I hope they can rebound and play defense, two of the weaknesses that need to be addressed before next season.  

4/05/2023 3:50 pm  #11

Sure hope this isn't Dambrot throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it sticks.

4/05/2023 3:51 pm  #12

I'm all in if they can contribute to an A-10 championship!!

4/05/2023 4:48 pm  #13

FAM wrote:

Sure hope this isn't Dambrot throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping it sticks.

That is what it looks like to me. These guys had average to below average seasons for a team that finished lower than us. I understand they were a part of St Peters run, but they were not the better players on that team or the LaSalle team. I doubt highly that they are coming here to be role players in their last year of college ball.  That would mean one of two things, that our freshman this past year are not our first option or two, these guys were promised something and if it it doesn’t work out could cause dissension and terrible team chemistry. Just my opinion. I hope it works out for all parties.

4/05/2023 4:58 pm  #14

I checked the Lasalle message board.
They wrote that the Drames are great team players 
and will be missed.
A small sample but we will have to see what happens.

4/05/2023 6:14 pm  #15

Wildwood13 wrote:

FAM wrote:

That is what it looks like to me. These guys had average to below average seasons for a team that finished lower than us. I understand they were a part of St Peters run, but they were not the better players on that team or the LaSalle team. I doubt highly that they are coming here to be role players in their last year of college ball. That would mean one of two things, that our freshman this past year are not our first option or two, these guys were promised something and if it it doesn’t work out could cause dissension and terrible team chemistry. Just my opinion. I hope it works out for all parties.

Wildwords, that is some incredibly uncalled for speculation on your part.

4/05/2023 6:18 pm  #16

Econ69 wrote:

They were described as depth.
Wonder why they left LaSalle for one yr.
Will they receive sholies?

Their coach at St Peter;s left to take the Seton Hall job --   Dunphy was kind of a late hire at LaSalle --  At one point last year it looked like LaSalle had 11 players leaving etc so perhaps it was a case where a hasty decision was made by the twins  and it didn't work out.the way they hoped

ONE thing about "the numbers and the portal"   Each year there are close to 2,000 players in the portal (not all of whom will hook on with Division 1 schools --  Add 3 to 4 players at a lot of schools who will have "exhausted their eligibility"  and you're looking at 7-9 spots on the average roster which is a 60-70% roster turnover

Last edited by SkepticAl (4/05/2023 6:22 pm)

4/05/2023 6:48 pm  #17

MikeR wrote:

Wildwood13 wrote:

FAM wrote:

That is what it looks like to me. These guys had average to below average seasons for a team that finished lower than us. I understand they were a part of St Peters run, but they were not the better players on that team or the LaSalle team. I doubt highly that they are coming here to be role players in their last year of college ball. That would mean one of two things, that our freshman this past year are not our first option or two, these guys were promised something and if it it doesn’t work out could cause dissension and terrible team chemistry. Just my opinion. I hope it works out for all parties.

Mike R please answer me the following.What is the uncalled for speculation, that two brothers who were already playing in our league , move latterly in their fifth and last year of eligibility to a team were they just beat in the A 10 tournament and were getting considerable playing time averaging 8.8 and 6.4 points a game. By the way both high water marks for each individual. Could they possibly come to Duquesne to add depth. Then why transfer ? If they don’t get what they are promised, they will sit there and take it? Under the current coaches there have been many players that left during the season, Randall,  Lewis, Norman and Sin Carry just to name a few. I understand the kids transferring at the end of the year because of the portal, but mid season is another story. And you know what, it’s just my opinion. Take a stand and explain your position or opinion instead of just saying incredibly uncalled speculation.

4/05/2023 7:19 pm  #18

Wildwood13 wrote:

MikeR wrote:

Wildwood13 wrote:

Mike R please answer me the following.What is the uncalled for speculation, that two brothers who were already playing in our league , move latterly in their fifth and last year of eligibility to a team were they just beat in the A 10 tournament and were getting considerable playing time averaging 8.8 and 6.4 points a game. By the way both high water marks for each individual. Could they possibly come to Duquesne to add depth. Then why transfer ? If they don’t get what they are promised, they will sit there and take it? Under the current coaches there have been many players that left during the season, Randall, Lewis, Norman and Sin Carry just to name a few. I understand the kids transferring at the end of the year because of the portal, but mid season is another story. And you know what, it’s just my opinion. Take a stand and explain your position or opinion instead of just saying incredibly uncalled speculation.

And you know what, it's just my opinion. Use your incredible speculation skills if you need further explanation.

4/05/2023 10:12 pm  #19

El Presidente wrote:

I'm all in if they can contribute to an A-10 championship!!

Looks like a lot of experience with these two. The Pgh sports article mentioned they are friends with Halil Barre, so that may have played into some of their decision to come here. Anyways, looks like a great pick up so far.

4/05/2023 11:35 pm  #20

https://sports.yahoo.com/saint-peters-drame-twins-hassan-fousseyni-march-madness-053136814.html

Described as high-energy forwards and fearless defenders.

I see no need to be negative about these additions.

4/06/2023 6:16 am  #21

The one twin averaged more rebounds than any Duke and just 3 less blocks than Tre.

4/06/2023 10:08 am  #22

I agree with WEB and Rick.  Bringing in two high character players with outstanding competitiveness can only help the team.  As I’ve stated before, defense and toughness were two ingredients that neede an upgrade. Hopefully the Drame brothers can contribute in those areas.

4/06/2023 10:33 am  #23

My take is that the twins are replacements for, and upgrades over Gunn and McGriff.  Neither McGriff nor Gunn were very good defenders or rebounders.  From everything I have seen the Drames they are both very athletic, quick, and play relentless defense.  We are also increasing our point production and doubling our rebounds.  I think these guys are solid pick-ups for the Dukes. 

4/06/2023 10:45 am  #24

I am in agreement with CLK & Levon

I liked McGriff and think he can score but was lazy on defense I feel.

Gunn hung around the perimeter a lot and his shot looked beautiful but thats about it.

I think these two bring defense, we all know Duquesne lacked defense big time.  I think they just help overall depth, defense, rebounding and Toughness.

Go Dukes!!

4/06/2023 11:04 am  #25

I am also of the PRO Drame Twins.  From what has been written by multiple sources about the competitive fire they possess.  This translate into a great TEAM players who are winners.  They have 4 years of D1 experience and have been through the wars in NCAA, A10 and Foreign competition.
McGriff was a selfish offense only player who although played some point was also heavy on turnovers at the least opportune time. For his size just hung around the 3 point line and seldom took it to the hoop or was an effective rebounder.  Similar to Gunn who could shoot but did not use his size to our advantage.
I am excited to add these guys and look forward to the 2 next recruits that will be coming.  Hopefully an experienced 6-10 or more and a true point guard 6 foot or more.
Unless Carney is being groomed to take over the point. 

Go Dukes

Board footera