!!insidediv!!

Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing


UPCOMING GAMES:
Saturday, March 2: Duquesne @ George Mason. 2:00 PM
Tuesday, March 5: Duquesne @ VCU. 7:00 PM
Saturday, March 9: GW @ Duquesne. 2:00 PM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?



4/17/2023 1:30 pm  #1


Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2023/04/17/duquesne-basketball-hosting-2023-point-guard-kailon-nicholls/

Interesting guard and not from the Portal 41 inch Vertical Leap
Hargrave Military Academy.  Sounds familiar who did we get from there previously?

Last edited by Motor (4/17/2023 1:33 pm)

 

4/17/2023 1:48 pm  #2


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

Motor wrote:

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2023/04/17/duquesne-basketball-hosting-2023-point-guard-kailon-nicholls/

Interesting guard and not from the Portal 41 inch Vertical Leap
Hargrave Military Academy.  Sounds familiar who did we get from there previously?

Jackie Johnson

 

4/18/2023 9:42 am  #3


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

I like this kid's athleticism and I hope he is 6' as they say on PSN.  When will we be hearing about any signings is what I want to know.  I really like the Russian forward and we especially need to see a big man commitment - or two for that matter.  Everyone knows what we need around the core we have and I am crossing my fingers that we bring in quality to make next year special.

 

4/18/2023 12:50 pm  #4


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

In A10 recruiting news, George Mason received a commitment  from Amari Kelly today. He played two years at UNCW after duquesne and re-enters the A10 as a grad transfer.

Last edited by BluffHunter (4/18/2023 12:50 pm)

 

4/19/2023 6:34 pm  #5


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

Looks like he just committed to Duquesne per Twitter

 

4/19/2023 6:59 pm  #6


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

 

4/19/2023 7:42 pm  #7


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

Welcome to the Bluff, Kailon.

His fallback jumper reminds me of a former Dukes guard.

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2023/04/19/duquesne-lands-commits-from-2023-canadian-pg-kailon-nicholls/

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (4/19/2023 7:44 pm)

 

4/19/2023 9:23 pm  #8


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

Based on the information available, I really like this commitment because so many strong mid-majors are shying away from taking high school/prep school kids in favor of seasoned performers from the portal that in some cases greater value can be found than in pre-portal times. I also know that if you must have a 6' tall PG, it is no small consolation that he have a 41" vertical, a 6' 7" wingspan, & have done a post-grad year at 2022-23's #1 ranked post-grad program.

https://hargrave.edu/news/national-recognition-rolling-in-for-the-tigers/

 

4/20/2023 7:13 am  #9


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

phil95 wrote:

Based on the information available, I really like this commitment because so many strong mid-majors are shying away from taking high school/prep school kids in favor of seasoned performers from the portal that in some cases greater value can be found than in pre-portal times. I also know that if you must have a 6' tall PG, it is no small consolation that he have a 41" vertical, a 6' 7" wingspan, & have done a post-grad year at 2022-23's #1 ranked post-grad program.

https://hargrave.edu/news/national-recognition-rolling-in-for-the-tigers/

I agree with all you said Phil on Kailon
What really jumps out to me along with his strong statistics from being second team all American is the 59% FG percentage! This means he can hit the mid range jumper (as seen in the videos) but even more importantly is he obviously can take it to the rim and score amongst the trees! Something we lacked this year other than Clark from our guards.
Great pickup and I’m excited now to see how we use the last 2 scholarships. At least on paper this team is rounding into shape.
Go Dukes

     Thread Starter
 

4/20/2023 8:09 am  #10


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

Motor wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Based on the information available, I really like this commitment because so many strong mid-majors are shying away from taking high school/prep school kids in favor of seasoned performers from the portal that in some cases greater value can be found than in pre-portal times. I also know that if you must have a 6' tall PG, it is no small consolation that he have a 41" vertical, a 6' 7" wingspan, & have done a post-grad year at 2022-23's #1 ranked post-grad program.

https://hargrave.edu/news/national-recognition-rolling-in-for-the-tigers/

I agree with all you said Phil on Kailon
What really jumps out to me along with his strong statistics from being second team all American is the 59% FG percentage! This means he can hit the mid range jumper (as seen in the videos) but even more importantly is he obviously can take it to the rim and score amongst the trees! Something we lacked this year other than Clark from our guards.
Great pickup and I’m excited now to see how we use the last 2 scholarships. At least on paper this team is rounding into shape.
Go Dukes

Another guard and a big? Or 2 bigs?

 

4/20/2023 10:07 am  #11


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

I like this kid as well, especially the vertical and wingspan, which I feel makes up a bit for the height.  My guess El P is that we probably will see 2 bigs, but nothing would surprise me.  I too like the way the roster is coming together and the retention of the core so far is impressive.

 

4/20/2023 12:33 pm  #12


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

PistolPete wrote:

I like this kid as well, especially the vertical and wingspan, which I feel makes up a bit for the height.  My guess El P is that we probably will see 2 bigs, but nothing would surprise me.  I too like the way the roster is coming together and the retention of the core so far is impressive.

Your last thought says it all to me !! “The retention of the core is impressive “I am thrilled that we are able to keep this core together for another year.

 

4/20/2023 7:05 pm  #13


Re: Duquesne Basketball Hosting 2023 Point Guard Kailon Nicholls

Please tell me you knocked on wood after typing that last post.

 

Board footera

 

Powered by Boardhost. Create a Free Forum