Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2023 9:47 am  #1

Is there a place to go to follow Duquesne basketball recruiting

I live 200 miles away from campus and I know as much as anyone on this board which is nothing about the Dukes
recruiting efforts.You just shake your head and realize nothing ever changes at Duquesne.

4/29/2023 10:56 am  #2

Re: Is there a place to go to follow Duquesne basketball recruiting

stew wrote:

I live 200 miles away from campus and I know as much as anyone on this board which is nothing about the Dukes
recruiting efforts.You just shake your head and realize nothing ever changes at Duquesne.

Yes indeed STEW it’s called CLK😂

5/03/2023 10:57 am  #3

Really holding my breath these days! Hitting this site 3 or 4 times a day looking for anything hopeful!
Let's get that 6-10 235 big. and LET'S GO DUKES!!

5/03/2023 11:31 am  #4

It is hard being a Duquesne fan.  Unlike Pitt where recruiting information is almost at overload for most fans, at Duquesne it seems that recruiting information is locked down by design.  You need a security clearance and badge to know who DU is recruiting.  Usually, the only way most fans get any information is if the kid tweets something.  I put what I can find here, which lately is not much.  I would encourage others to post what they find.  Anecdotally I know we are still recruiting, and hopefully we will bring an experienced big skilled center (not a stiff), an experience point guard and a big skilled shooting guard who can drive the ball.  That is my wish list.  We will all have to wait together in the dark and see. 

5/03/2023 12:19 pm  #5

I read that coaches are reluctant to talk about recruits unless
they are signed because the recruit could be poached by
another coach before they sign. With NIL, poaching would
even more of an issue.

5/03/2023 1:00 pm  #6

Econ69 wrote:

I read that coaches are reluctant to talk about recruits unless
they are signed because the recruit could be poached by
another coach before they sign. With NIL, poaching would
even more of an issue.

That makes sense Econ69. Unless the kid post on “free at last” twitter, coaches, especially mid major coaches should & will remain reluctant in fear of a 12 midnight NIL offer.

5/03/2023 2:15 pm  #7

Does make sense but keeps me on pins and needles!!!!

5/03/2023 3:20 pm  #8

Could be like pitt, recruit 100 guys, get maybe 1 or 2 of them, hear about how great the recruits and their love of Oakland, and then watch them go someplace else.   That would be worse than knowing nothing at all.

Board footera