Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/23/2023 8:12 am  #1

Duquesne Portal Haul

Duquesne picked up four players from the Transfer Portal. Who do you think will make the biggest impact for the Dukes?

7/23/2023 9:20 am  #2

Re: Duquesne Portal Haul

Thanks CLK for the videos and reminders on our strong portal pics.
I like all the big guys. Savrasov will make biggest impact in my opinion!

7/23/2023 11:28 am  #3

Easily Savrasov. Can play all three forward positions. Strong post-up player. Nice three point shot. Could be a 16 point, 8 rebound type of guy on given nights.

7/23/2023 11:57 am  #4

Motor wrote:

Thanks CLK for the videos and reminders on our strong portal pics.
I like all the big guys. Savrasov will make biggest impact in my opinion!

CLK I agree. He better be wearing #71. NCAA changed rules on uniform numbers this season. Hopefully the NC STATE transfer will be healthy. Love the twins. Trey Williams minutes should around 15 per game. He should contribute to depth in regards to the 4& 5 spots. At the end of the season Trey & Rotroff looked tired or maybe hurt. Coach Dambrot has many options this season. Go Dukes

7/23/2023 7:30 pm  #5

Savrasov is both the correct & obvious answer.

I hope the starting 5 features him as SF next to Dae Dae, Jimmy, Dixon, & Mahorcic. That is a group with the size, scoring, rebounding, athleticism & defense to do big things. Tre could be a 6th Man Award candidate while spelling PFs & centers/controlling foul issues. The 2 young PGs would keep Jimmy & Dae Dae both fresh & out of foul trouble while the Drame's do the same for Savrasov & Dixon. I can also see Chabi making a major impact with 10 or so minutes per game. Barring a rash of injuries, a couple of the guys above turning out to be duds, or one of these 3 being an amazing surprise, I don't really see how Necas, Barba, or Hronsky could get any meaningful minutes.

If Mahorcic could stay healthy for the entire season while averaging at least 25 minutes a game, he would be the man. Unfortunately, given his history of limited playing time when he has been healthy & serious injuries, this seems very unlikely. From what I have read & seen he is the only player on this team with the combination of size, skill, experience, talent, & body to be a potential all-conference player at a high major school.  Bringing him in was, yet another, calculated risk I am onboard with. Playing even 17 minutes per game he is almost guaranteed to make a far more impactful contribution to consistent winning than Reece, Gunn, Rotroff, etc....

7/23/2023 8:58 pm  #6

Don't Mean To Burst Any Happy Bubbles, But Don't Look For Mahorcic To Play Until  Around League Game Time.  Barre Remains An"if" Because Of What His Medical Condition Remains.   time Will Tell On His Playing Time And When.  Those Are Unfortunate Circumstances But Current Reality.  The Good News Is That The Freshman Nehacs Is Really Good And Will Get Meaningful Mnutes.  Hronsky Is Recovered From A Bad Case Of Covid And Dixon Is A Go, Go Go!   they Will Be Good From The Start And Be Better As Bodies Heal.  I Will Report After Bruce Atkins And I Get A Peek At The 2023-2024 Team In August.

7/24/2023 11:46 am  #7

Gram that is what I am hearing as well as to Mahorcic, Burre and Dixon.   I also hear Nehacs is going to play.  I always liked Hronsky so I hope he can work his way in.  What I didn't want to see happen is Tre starting at the 5, but unfortunately I am thinking that is where we are heading.  I don't want to see small ball with 3 guards and not enough inside presence.  I want 2 true forwards and a true 5, but until Mahorcic is ready for conference play and Burre decides, with Doc approval, that he can go I am afraid once again we have an undersized 5 in Trey.  If this is the case then I want to see Dixon and Savrasov starting at the 4 and 3 respectively with Clark starting out at the PG and DDae as the 2 guard.  This is the line-up I would trot out for the tip off. 

Board footera