Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/07/2023 4:35 pm  #1

Projections

I would be interested to see what you guys think about who is our starting five?  No matter who starts I think we go at least 10 deep, maybe 11 depending on health.  I believe Barre and Dixon are good to go, but I think our NC State guy will be carefully eased in by conference season - I guess we'll see.  I am especially curious to see who we start at the PG and 5 position.  My preference is to see size at both of those spots.  Thoughts?

9/07/2023 4:49 pm  #2

Re: Projections

Due to his talent level, defensive presence, and experience, I think Jimmy Clark III will be the starting point guard. Dixon, Duson, and Barre hopefully will be ready, but If not, Tre Williams gives a tough minded kid in the middle. Savrasov is going to be a horse. I think Jacob Necas will be the surprise. Looking for good things from the deepest team we have had in years.

Last edited by HookShot (9/07/2023 4:50 pm)

9/07/2023 5:02 pm  #3

J. Clark yes, probably Dixon, no idea about the rest. 

9/08/2023 2:06 pm  #4

PistolPete wrote:

I would be interested to see what you guys think about who is our starting five?  No matter who starts I think we go at least 10 deep, maybe 11 depending on health.  I believe Barre and Dixon are good to go, but I think our NC State guy will be carefully eased in by conference season - I guess we'll see.  I am especially curious to see who we start at the PG and 5 position.  My preference is to see size at both of those spots.  Thoughts?

Pistol I love the international roster Dambrot has recruited. Deep, experienced & talented. Today Team USA goes down to Germany. Many of the American kids not coached properly based on the AAU coaching circuit. My good friend who was  picked 4th, played for Pistons & later in Europe told me something interesting. While he played in Europe the great NBA coaches I.e Red Arbach etc. would travel to Europe & teach basketball to the European coaches. The USA coaches focused on defense, passing , offense and team play. Today in the NBA clearly the best centers were coached under the European umbrella. I think this Duquesne team can be very special. Go Dukes

Board footera