Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

UPCOMING GAMES:
Lipscomb @ Duquesne - Nov. 4 - 8:00 PM
Princeton @ Duquesne - Nov. 8 - 8:30 PM
Dukes @ DePaul - Nov. 15 - 9:00 PM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/20/2023 5:57 pm  #1

Almanac's A-10 preseason poll

Duquesne was picked to finish 4th in the Almanac's A-10 preseason poll, written by @Ky_3MW of @3MW_CBB.

Dae Dae Grant was picked for 2nd-team list.

Foussenyi Drame and Tre Williams starting at the 4 and 5 spots.

Tristan Freeman on X: "Duquesne was picked to finish 4th in the Almanac's A-10 preseason poll, written by @Ky_3MW of @3MW_CBB. Dae Dae Grant was picked for 2nd-team list. Foussenyi Drame and Tre Williams starting at the 4 and 5 spots. https://t.co/SBaibeSGIN" / X (twitter.com)

9/21/2023 9:58 am  #2

Re: Almanac's A-10 preseason poll

That tweet saddens me on a few different levels.   :-(

9/21/2023 10:46 am  #3

https://fieldof68.beehiiv.com/p/miami-jalil-bethea-caa-mid-major

Opposing players to watch…. Pulled from the Almanac by Field of 68

Tristan Enaruna: Cleveland State (Almanac ranking: 10)
Enaruna is an example of a former high-major now posting big numbers in a smaller conference. The 6-8 forward was a fine defensive role-player at Kansas and Iowa State, but never played consistent minutes. Then he transferred to Cleveland State, and morphed into an imposing force on both ends, averaging 15.6 points and 5.5 boards per game and helping the Vikings to the Horizon league title game. Enaruna’s size and strength sets him apart against Horizon League players.

Ante Brzovic: Charleston (Almanac ranking: 15)
Brzovic was barely a rotation player to begin Charleston’s 2022-23 season. By the end of its magical 31-win season he was the team’s most dangerous offensive weapon, thanks to his quickness and sleek footwork. He averaged 11.6 points, 5.6 rebounds in only 19 minutes per contest. An increase in minutes should result in even more production this season

9/21/2023 11:20 am  #4

townsonkid wrote:

That tweet saddens me on a few different levels.   :-(

For what reason? We should know by now that preseason rankings are just a way for journalists to get clicks. We were projected last last year for the reason that nobody knew all of the new members and how they would play together. This year people are familiar with the team and see the additions we made so they put us top 4... the only thing I would hope is that it doesn't give the team false confidence. Yes 4th isn't great but in my opinion this could and should be a first place team if they put their heads down, ignore the noise, and work hard. Based on what I know about this team and the state of the A10, if this team doesn't go into the tournament with a double-bye that's a problem. Dambrot has proven that just because you have been a large contributor to the team in the past it doesn't guarantee you a starting spot. We saw that with Kevin Easley and Mike Lewis. Tre may have the spot at the start of the season but he has to perform competing with Savrosov, Mahorcic, and the Drames. We have actual 5 men now, we don't need Tre playing there. This lineup is so versatile and our size will allow us to test styles impossible the past two seasons.

Board footera