Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/07/2023 7:26 pm  #1

2024 - Kade Unseld

Jake Lieberman tweet

"Kade Unseld tells me that he's hearing
from the following: Murray State, Miami (OH), Bellarmine, Arkansas State, Colorado State, Duquesne, Akron, Ball State, Kennesaw State, Robert Morris, Saint Mary’s,  IUPUI & Western Kentucky. 

6'6 wing in the class of '24."

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/1677471099465117696?t=4Rrv9zOCsjBsxdMeUzy8Gw&s=19

https://youtu.be/KXbJrSmueUU

7/11/2023 11:36 am  #2

10/06/2023 4:02 pm  #3

10/07/2023 10:40 am  #4

Re: 2024 - Kade Unseld

I recently read a prediction that Unseld is leaning hard toward WKU because of proximity to home & their ability to provide a 6-figure NIL payday.

This is a brave new world.

10/07/2023 1:21 pm  #5

phil95 wrote:

I recently read a prediction that Unseld is leaning hard toward WKU because of proximity to home & their ability to provide a 6-figure NIL payday.

This is a brave new world.

Can you provide a link for this prediction?

10/07/2023 2:20 pm  #6

The link doesn't seem to want to work.

This is from, "Recruiting Predictions PHKY Crystal Ball" posted to Prep Hoops on 9/5/23
[color=var(--site-primary)]Kade Unseld[/color] , Warren Central – His latest offer is WKU and I think that’s ultimately where Kade will go, if for no other reason than he’ll get a ton of NIL money for the Tops as a local kid at a school who is comfortable getting 6 figures worth of NIL for players right now.

After a strong summer the same folks now have Kade rated as the #4 overall prospect in Kentucky & the #1 SF in the state's Class of 2024. Right now he has at least 15 offers. No other A-10 schools have offered. 

Posted 8/6/23
Unseld once again showed why he’s regarded as one of the top prospects in Kentucky. An elite shooter from the perimeter, Unseld hit some crazy shots from 3-point range on Saturday. A high IQ player who impacts winning, the feel for the game and IQ really stands out at a camp setting where many players are focused on getting their own buckets. After an impressive week at peach jam with Mokan Elite in July, expect more low to mid major programs to come calling about Unseld, UIC, Ball State, Duquesne and Arkansas State have all offered Unseld since July.

10/08/2023 10:42 am  #7

Thanks for the article.  I am glad to see the Dukes getting a visit, I think it means that KD feels that we can be competitive in recruiting this kid, although I doubt seriously that that would be six figures.  However, I have no idea what market value is for players these days.  

10/08/2023 1:22 pm  #8

Here is a fairly recent article giving some perspective on what NIL money looks like for football & basketball players. This makes the estimate of WKU giving Unseld a 6 figure deal seem hyperbolic.

https://frontofficesports.com/nil-collectives-pay-five-figures-to-top-college-players/

10/10/2023 1:03 pm  #9

Per Pittsburgh Sports Now -  His Final 4 apparently are DU, Western Kentucky, Bellarmine and Murray State

10/11/2023 8:35 am  #10

SkepticAl wrote:

Per Pittsburgh Sports Now -  His Final 4 apparently are DU, Western Kentucky, Bellarmine and Murray State

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2023/10/10/duquesne-mbb-recruiting-news-official-visitor-wpial-target/

10/11/2023 10:27 am  #11

Maybe I am out of touch, but how does a kid who has a final 4 of DU, Western Kentucky, Bellarmine and Murray State expect to get NIL of 6 figures?    Is that for 4 years, or per year? 

10/23/2023 2:13 pm  #12

Kade committed to Western Kentucky.

10/25/2023 11:10 am  #13

Like every other item in commerce, the market sets the price.  It may take some time to adjust, but a players value is determined by his perceived value to any school that offers him.  If teams pay too much to sign a player and he doesn’t perform at that level, he’ll be looking for a new home, and hoping that he still has value.  If not, hopefully he didn’t squander his loot from the initial NIL.  It’s just a free market system.  At least there is competition in the market from other D-1 level players.  Big Oil has no competition!

Board footera