Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/03/2023 9:07 am  #1

Predictions?

Waiting for one of you esteemed veterans to start the annual prediction thread. Anyone care to start that on a new post?

11/03/2023 11:15 am  #2

Re: Predictions?

While we're waiting on that I do have a starting line up prediction. Rozier, Grant, Clark, F. Drame and Williams.

11/03/2023 11:51 am  #3

WashPaRick wrote:

While we're waiting on that I do have a starting line up prediction. Rozier, Grant, Clark, F. Drame and Williams.

I really have doubts about Williams as a starter. A fine young man whom I wish nothing but the best for.

11/03/2023 12:28 pm  #4

If Coach doesn’t go big with Savrasov and Williams/Drame/Dixon (when healthy), then that is a huge mistake. Rozier still needs to be the spark plug off the bench. Go BIG! I go with Clark, Grant, Savrasov, Williams (until Dixon is ready), and F. Drame as the starters against Cleve. St.

11/03/2023 3:10 pm  #5

Dukes need to use this new depth and play big.Rozier needs to come off bench to rest Clark and Grant.Rozier is a good player but his height makes him a defensive liability with 3 guards on the floor at same time.Dukes need to be more physical,rebound and play better inside defense to be successful.No to 3guards
on the floor at same time unless you are going to press 90 feet.

11/03/2023 6:06 pm  #6

stew wrote:

Dukes need to use this new depth and play big.Rozier needs to come off bench to rest Clark and Grant.Rozier is a good player but his height makes him a defensive liability with 3 guards on the floor at same time.Dukes need to be more physical,rebound and play better inside defense to be successful.No to 3guards

Great observation. Too much talent this year on this team to look like the typical KD stuck in the mud team. This year, with this vast amount of talent, real coaching will or will not win. Every game this year should have a very intelligent game plan and adjustments. I like Rozier a lot, , he has great court vision, he is very intelligent, very confident, a field general, and most of all, very fast.Put him in the game and out, constantly, it changes the pace and tempo of the game. Use him to change the flow every game in and out. Most teams will be out of sink and confused when he is in or out.

11/03/2023 6:16 pm  #7

NapaDuke wrote:

stew wrote:

Great observation. Too much talent this year on this team to look like the typical KD stuck in the mud team. This year, with this vast amount of talent, real coaching will or will not win. Every game this year should have a very intelligent game plan and adjustments. I like Rozier a lot, , he has great court vision, he is very intelligent, very confident, a field general, and most of all, very fast.Put him in the game and out, constantly, it changes the pace and tempo of the game. Use him to change the flow every game in and out. Most teams will be out of sink and confused when he is in or out.

I like this conversation about the mix of players. We all know the return players, but the twins give us an extreme mature of two guys that went deep in the NCAA. The transfer  from NCS, his name escapes me at this moment, but, in match-ups, good coaching knows how to match-up and beat teams. I could go on with possibilities with so much returning depth but, in the OOC, we should find out how this coaching staff finds the battle plans to get to conf. play, then, (they better) sweep the A-10. There is no other way. This team, this year, this coaching staff, better not settle for second best.   

11/03/2023 6:33 pm  #8

El Presidente wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

I really have doubts about Williams as a starter. A fine young man whom I wish nothing but the best for.

I will say this much. Unless Williams dropped 15 to 20 pounds, and muscled up to be a Lebron in the paint to finish, then the season will go down the drain with him in there. Tre is 6'7", not a center, and he is too heavy and not able to just jump high enough as an interior player to compete inside, and worse, he can not finish to the rim on offense?  I mean, never?  But if he, somehow, came back this year, lighter, and with offensive skills he never had before, then good. Otherwise, don't let this kid off the bench, in the game, at all.  We need to win it all, right now. Tre ain't going to do it. Good coaches see this. Bad coaches start the season with Tre in the line-up. Just the plain truth.I'm worried, we have bad coaching.

11/03/2023 6:51 pm  #9

NapaDuke wrote:

El Presidente wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

I will say this much. Unless Williams dropped 15 to 20 pounds, and muscled up to be a Lebron in the paint to finish, then the season will go down the drain with him in there. Tre is 6'7", not a center, and he is too heavy and not able to just jump high enough as an interior player to compete inside, and worse, he can not finish to the rim on offense?  I mean, never?  But if he, somehow, came back this year, lighter, and with offensive skills he never had before, then good. Otherwise, don't let this kid off the bench, in the game, at all.  We need to win it all, right now. Tre ain't going to do it. Good coaches see this. Bad coaches start the season with Tre in the line-up. Just the plain truth.I'm worried, we have bad coaching.

On the coach's show, KD did say Williams lost significant weight and is in the best shape of his career.

11/03/2023 8:20 pm  #10

MikeR wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

El Presidente wrote:

On the coach's show, KD did say Williams lost significant weight and is in the best shape of his career.

Then great  Tre, if he really has committed to raise his game, then all the better. But, he needs to finish on offense inside when he is fed the ball down low and I mean every-time, he had better finish. No room for second best. There are too many players on the bench that, this year , that can do more. We need to win this year, period. St. B. with less then DU  has won more A-10's than DU several time in the last 40 years?  If Tre really got ready to play big time this year, then I'm all onboard.  That's why I buy tickets to see the Dukes. Really, this year, Go Dukes!

Last edited by NapaDuke (11/04/2023 3:11 am)

11/03/2023 10:08 pm  #11

I didn't have the time to read everything but I believe that the key to them this year is Savrasov and Mahororic and I would emphasize the latter.

Board footera