Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2023 8:18 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - College of Charleston Cougars

What a half!!!   Defense fueled the offense.  Rozier is a floor general.   Very nice!!!!

Savrasov and Necas with nice quality games.

Nice that Rothstein was there in person and should have high praise of the Dukes.

Last edited by townsonkid (11/10/2023 8:47 pm)

11/10/2023 8:19 pm  #27

Now that was a damn good half of basketball.

11/10/2023 8:20 pm  #28

-Too many fouls by Clark...but of course nice scoring
-100% foul shooting was a great thing to see
-Dambrot must have used some words that rhymed with truck in his half-time talk

Nice Job against a competitive team - Go Dukes! -way to come back the second half.

11/10/2023 8:21 pm  #29

Very impressive win

11/10/2023 8:25 pm  #30

PistolPete wrote:

FAM you hit the nail on the head.  Another thing is did we have any set play when the 3's weren't falling???  Why was Clark in the game with 2 fouls and about 2 minutes left??!!  C'mon Keith he needs to be taken out and then Clark compounds the coaching mistake by taking an absolutely stupid reach in foul and now has 3 fouls.  Finally, as I have said many times, Rozier is not an A-10 quality STARTING point guard!!  Clark needs to start at the point and then maybe start one of the Drame twins.  So far I am also not too impressed with the Russian kid.

Well, the Russian kid and Rozier proved out tonight. Hoping the Williams injury is resolved soon, but without him and with Clark's foul problems, the team came back anyway.  Very impressed with the depth on this roster.

BTW, Clark is too quick for the officials. Already have seen several fouls called where replays show he slapped the ball out of the offensive player's hands cleanly, but got whistled for it.

11/10/2023 8:41 pm  #31

That was a really nice win!

11/10/2023 9:24 pm  #32

Davidson beat Maryland tonight.  👍🏼

11/10/2023 10:33 pm  #33

I said it was going to take a team effort to win, and a team effort is what we got. Clark goes out with foul trouble and Rozier nearly doubles his career high to pick up the slack. Tre goes down with an injury and Fousseyni stuffs the stat sheet to make up for it (8 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal). The light seemed to go on for Savrasov and Necas somewhere in the 2nd half. Clark's statline looks great, but he needs to be smarter than to be reaching in when he's already in foul trouble (and Dambrot needs to know it if he just can't resist). The officiating was terrible, but all 5 of Clark's fouls were pretty clear.

It was easy to not get too excited about the first game, but after this one it's hard not to. The preseason hype may have been more than just hype. This is a solid team we beat, a likely tournament team. We beat them soundly and did it without two of our best players for much of it (50-25 run over 17 minutes, Williams was out for all of it, Clark for about half). I'd love to know what Dambrot said at the half. In the interview all he said was "we'll be back" and I thought it was just lip service. They really responded this time though.

11/10/2023 11:02 pm  #34

Last year and again two games in this year, some of the fouls called on Clark are anything but clear. First team pre-season A-10 Defense (and much deserved), but the officials are not up tp the task. On Clark's "reach-in foul", I think it was his 4th, there was actually no contact whatsoever.
In the opener, Clark was rung up on an offensive foul outside the circle when the defender flung his leg out, certainly a defensive foul.
This is a very athletic team, and I think Clark is at the top of the group.

11/10/2023 11:02 pm  #35

luckymcd wrote:

I said it was going to take a team effort to win, and a team effort is what we got. Clark goes out with foul trouble and Rozier nearly doubles his career high to pick up the slack. Tre goes down with an injury and Fousseyni stuffs the stat sheet to make up for it (8 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal). The light seemed to go on for Savrasov and Necas somewhere in the 2nd half. Clark's statline looks great, but he needs to be smarter than to be reaching in when he's already in foul trouble (and Dambrot needs to know it if he just can't resist). The officiating was terrible, but all 5 of Clark's fouls were pretty clear.

It was easy to not get too excited about the first game, but after this one it's hard not to. The preseason hype may have been more than just hype. This is a solid team we beat, a likely tournament team. We beat them soundly and did it without two of our best players for much of it (50-25 run over 17 minutes, Williams was out for all of it, Clark for about half). I'd love to know what Dambrot said at the half. In the interview all he said was "we'll be back" and I thought it was just lip service. They really responded this time though.

Drame twins were great tonight.  I love what they bring to this team. We finally have players that like to do the dirty work. One might be better than the other BUT I have to admit I haven’t figured out which one is the other yet    Love them

11/10/2023 11:15 pm  #36

Who among us didn’t see old  Duquesne when we went down at the half?   Man, this feels different.  Old as I am, and far away, I might have to find a place for the winter.  Too bad the Van Brahm is long gone, I could have lived upstairs.  “High above the Monogahela, there lives a race of men…. “. And nursing students.  Finally, go Duquesne. Finally.

11/10/2023 11:25 pm  #37

Clark is a straight up STAR. He needs to understand how not to pick up fouls BUT the A-10 refs BETTER learn how to officiate him. He doesn’t deserve all the fouls he’s getting but he can be better too

11/11/2023 12:09 am  #38

When I'm wrong I'm wrong, Rozier and Sarsanov basically won the game in the second half with help from Drame and Dae Dae.  Someone posted that if you are a tournament team this is a game you have to win and there you go.  Great win and super effort in the second half.  We have depth and talent, I am officially excited!!  Go Dukes!!

11/11/2023 7:32 am  #39

CityDuke wrote:

This can’t be the same Rozier I always read about on this message board right? 😉

Was wondering the same thing

11/11/2023 7:53 am  #40

Mulder wrote:

CityDuke wrote:

This can’t be the same Rozier I always read about on this message board right? 😉

Was wondering the same thing

There will be teams that we face with different style of play that, game by game, Rozier will have difficult match ups but, like last night, he is as vital to this team as anyone. Two quality wins against tough opponents to start this season is great. I think Dae Dae will have his best season this year when opponents realize they can't just focus on stopping him to win this season.  The box scores, so far, show that this is a very balanced scoring team. Let's keep it up.

11/11/2023 8:04 am  #41

The way they extended the lead in the closing minutes was very pleasing.

11/11/2023 10:13 am  #42

Apple - I sent you a private message.
FAM

11/11/2023 11:53 am  #43

I just watched Dambrot's presser after the game last night...whether by the question asked him or comments by him...it was STRONGLY IMPLIED that Dru Joyce is the head coaching in waiting...

11/11/2023 12:47 pm  #44

Big win for the Dukes.  It was indeed a great team effort. 

- All three of our starting guards played at a high level.  Jimmy Clark was awesome with 7 assists and 3 steals.  Loved the way he took the ball strong to the hoop.  He is so quick and can take just about anyone off the dribble.

- Breaking out party for Savrasov and Necas

- Drame twins tough as nails.

- Duquesne bigs matched the physicality of a very strong Charleston team that is use to bullying its way to wins.

- Hoping that Williams injury is not serious.

GO DUKES!
LeBron shout out:
LeBron James on X: "🐐’s!! My guys!! Love y’all 🤝🏾🤎🤎" / X (twitter.com)

Box Score:   Men's Basketball vs College of Charleston on 11/10/2023 - Box Score - Duquesne University Athletics (goduquesne.com)

11/11/2023 4:01 pm  #45

Excited about the talent on this team to back up a great group of guards.  Should be interesting to see how the team continues to develop and gel.  Great win and game.

Post game link in case anyone was looking for it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VFJlsOx016I

11/12/2023 7:43 am  #46

PistolPete wrote:

When I'm wrong I'm wrong, Rozier and Sarsanov basically won the game in the second half with help from Drame and Dae Dae.  Someone posted that if you are a tournament team this is a game you have to win and there you go.  Great win and super effort in the second half.  We have depth and talent, I am officially excited!!  Go Dukes!!

Well said Pistol. While I had the best crab cake sandwich at the world famous Boatyard Bar & Grille before the game you had to settle for a fried crow sandwich. 😂I also had the same doubts after the CLEV St game. After recording this game & watching Roziers post game interview this kid is articulate, humble, insightful & good looking. His future is no doubt in the media. No wonder Coach Dambrot praises this kids leadership. Go Dukes

Last edited by Ironduke81 (11/13/2023 8:40 am)

Board footera