Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/22/2023 9:19 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - University of Nebraska Cornhuskers

We are getting cornhomered.

11/22/2023 9:19 pm  #27

It's official, we're getting homered.

11/22/2023 9:25 pm  #28

Second half started about as bad as possible. Rozier with 4 fouls is a killer especially when Clark has 3. 5 foul calls on us in the first two minutes of the half is insane.

11/22/2023 9:30 pm  #29

Pissed I am. Oh another foul on Clark. So take out two of our three top scorers!!! 17 fouls on us. 7 on them...4 on Dixon.. Total BS

Last edited by KenOTR73 (11/22/2023 9:35 pm)

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

11/22/2023 9:37 pm  #30

Time our??????

11/22/2023 9:41 pm  #31

In Hockey they have "Three Stars of the Game"  Nebraska should award the three stars to the guys impersonating the officials.  12:01 to go just saw a block called on DU -  wasn't just a BAD Call was a HALL OF FAME BAD CALL -  and when a final score gets posted will be no indication of what type of game it was -  ideally when U Cal Irvine comes in a similar home team bias will be present but somehow I DOUBT IT!!! 

11/22/2023 9:41 pm  #32

Complete bullshit...n btw Dambrot just doesn't ever use timeouts in a timely fashion.

11/22/2023 9:42 pm  #33

What a shame. Dambrot’s composure is admirable. Fans robbed of an awesome game.

11/22/2023 9:43 pm  #34

Worst homer job ever seen here. EVER

11/22/2023 9:56 pm  #35

Knew it was going to be tough out there, but geez.   Nebraska players and fans cried and whined and got rewarded. 

Coulda been a good game.  But i guess that B10 brand is really worth protecting.

11/22/2023 10:20 pm  #36

Officials probably worth at least 20 points tonight for Nebraska.

11/22/2023 10:20 pm  #37

By the time Clark and then Dambrot got rung up with T's the end result was already decided.

I'm actually glad the player and Head Coach made statements. Utterly disgraceful officiating.

Last edited by applecorps (11/22/2023 10:21 pm)

11/22/2023 10:22 pm  #38

It was bad there tonight.  He T’d Clark cause he said “come on man” after he got fouled and no call.   Ref knew it was a screw job. 

But!   Clark has been in foul trouble nearly every game so far.  Something has to change, cause he is too good and important to sit.   

Nebraska will be one of those P6 teams that steal a NIT bid from a mid major.

11/22/2023 10:24 pm  #39

Ironduke81 wrote:

Not to be negative BUT the Dukes are without 2 of their super experienced aircraft carriers at the center position. Nebraskas bigs remind me of the 1970-80s offensive lineman. The guards can shot 3’s. I disagree that Dambrot is an inferior coaching this matchup. Finally it’s called the”Cornhusker Classic” Home court advantage plus Big Ten Referees. 😭Watch how many tick-tac fouls are called Jimmy Clark 1st half. (4th in steals) Big ten referees may cause me to🍺🍷🥃 Oh I forgot Tominaga from Japan. Steph Curry of the Japanese national team. Good story on espn College basketball thread. 🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵

Call me Nostradamus. Big Ten Referees criminal & total frauds. Once the air craft carriers arrive Dukes deep & top 50 team. Love Chabi & Dixons improvement. Love this team. Go Dukes

11/22/2023 10:29 pm  #40

I didn’t see the game.  On vacation way up north in California.  Friends who have no investment in Duquesne said it was the worst home job ever.  Why bother playing those big teams if this is how it plays out.  Put your life into playing ball and have to overcome this.  I might be done with college basketball.

11/22/2023 10:31 pm  #41

Oh, did I mention that the whole thing was fixed?

11/22/2023 10:34 pm  #42

townsonkid wrote:

It was bad there tonight. He T’d Clark cause he said “come on man” after he got fouled and no call. Ref knew it was a screw job.

But! Clark has been in foul trouble nearly every game so far. Something has to change, cause he is too good and important to sit.

Nebraska will be one of those P6 teams that steal a NIT bid from a mid major.

Watch footage of some of those "fouls".  Tonight, very early 2nd half, Clark is back-pedaling near mid-court and the Husker slams into him. Jimmy's 3rd foul. Preposterous call.

11/22/2023 10:36 pm  #43

Ironduke81 wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Not to be negative BUT the Dukes are without 2 of their super experienced aircraft carriers at the center position. Nebraskas bigs remind me of the 1970-80s offensive lineman. The guards can shot 3’s. I disagree that Dambrot is an inferior coaching this matchup. Finally it’s called the”Cornhusker Classic” Home court advantage plus Big Ten Referees. 😭Watch how many tick-tac fouls are called Jimmy Clark 1st half. (4th in steals) Big ten referees may cause me to🍺🍷🥃 Oh I forgot Tominaga from Japan. Steph Curry of the Japanese national team. Good story on espn College basketball thread. 🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵

Call me Nostradamus. Big Ten Referees criminal & total frauds. Once the air craft carriers arrive Dukes deep & top 50 team. Love Chabi & Dixons improvement. Love this team. Go Dukes

I was sad now I'm slightly happy. Thanks Iron Duke

11/22/2023 10:44 pm  #44

No doubt the Big 10, and Las Vegas are never gonna allow an A10 team get in the way of one of their teams.  Nope..  Big money wins every time.  It’s a sham.

I thought the stiff arm (2nd half) to David Dixon was the coup de grace.  Then toward the end when Dukes were making a comeback,  Jimmy Clark drives in -- makes the basket in what should have been a foul (hit him on the head) shot against Nebraska!  No call until Clark made a ‘low key protest.’… and got hit with a technical and removed from the game.  There’s no way they were going to let margin get under 8.

The Dukes have a lot of heart and are going to be tough in the A10….

Last edited by gjgsr (11/22/2023 10:45 pm)

11/22/2023 10:50 pm  #45

I have been refereeing for 30 years, tonight was some of the worst officiating I have seen in quite some time. These officials definitely stole this game from our Dukes of having any chance to win this contest.  What was exceptionally bad was when  Dambrot asked the official what Clark said. It’s common courtesy when you call a T on a player that you explain why you called this T to the coach. Dambrot keeping his composure tonight was outstanding. I know a lot of posters complain constantly about the officials , but this game was a total homer job. Team tonight was totally prepared for this game and executed the game plan well until the refs stole any chances we had of winning. This team is really good and should make a lot of noise in the A-10. Just hope our boys keep their heads up and the big continue to improve and we will be fine until of course when we go against a power 5 team, the NCAA always has protected them.

11/22/2023 10:55 pm  #46

applecorps wrote:

By the time Clark and then Dambrot got rung up with T's the end result was already decided.

I'm actually glad the player and Head Coach made statements. Utterly disgraceful officiating.

Did KD also get a T?

11/22/2023 11:04 pm  #47

KD got a T on a different occasion -  with less than 30 seconds to go he continued to "voice his displeasure" and the ref rang him up.

Tre appeared to say "Come On" after he got whacked in the head to result in his "T"

Despite the "size and physicality" edge Nebraska seemed to have DU won the battle on the boards 37-29

11/22/2023 11:10 pm  #48

Dukes outrebound Nebraska ,a BigTen team that prides itself on physical play.Duquesne has a good team
and we are going to get better.Refs took the game from the Dukes with fouls on Rozier and Clark and DIxon
that take them out of game.I am super pissed. Nebraska has 7 fouls on Duquesne in about 3 minutes of 2ND half. I will be back in Pittsburgh to cheer Dukes to victory against UC IRVINE.DUKES PLAYED WELL.WHAT A FRICKING SHAME.

11/22/2023 11:15 pm  #49

I find it very hard to believe that the NCAA actively forces individual referees to call games in favor of Power 5 teams & there has never been one documented instance of this illegal institution-wide practice.

Keeping such a conspiracy, involving hundreds, if not thousands of participants quiet over the course of decades seems an impossibility.

Are you guys telling me that the NCAA would risk the public relations nightmare & possible prosecution so that Nebraska wins a November game against a nearly insignificant mid-major team?

I see very bad officiating by a whole crew rather than nationwide plot.

Nebraska got close to shooting 50/40/90, had 18 assists, & 2 turnovers. Perhaps those were also factors that lead to their victory.

11/23/2023 12:08 am  #50

It has nothing to do with the NCAA, but there are hundreds of college refs working games every night of the season.  To think that refs can’t or wouldn’t swing a game one way or another for financial benefit is a bit naive.  When you consider that the high-profile NBA had documented cases of a ref or refs throwing games, it doesn’t seem outrageous to think college refs couldn’t easily control the outcome of games.

Board footera