Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/06/2023 8:59 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Marshall University Thundering Herd

"you can't foul them, that's just two points" 

Now that is hilarious

12/06/2023 9:17 pm  #27

Dae Dae Grant broke Dick Ricketts free throws in a row!  I believe it was 42...   Foul shooting in general seems to have improved.   That certainly will help them win games...

Nice to see the Dukes take charge here. 

12/06/2023 9:19 pm  #28

Great win all around. Congrats to DDG on that record. Pretty awesome.

12/06/2023 9:28 pm  #29

CTS wrote:

Great win all around. Congrats to DDG on that record. Pretty awesome.

Dukes had way more talent then Marshall. Congrats Dae Dae. Very good coaching for an away game. Got the lead early then maintained it.

12/06/2023 9:32 pm  #30

Good game for Savrasov. A few weeks back I stated that we needed a third reliable scoring option. Now we have him. stew I hope you didn't  lose your shirt tonight. I'm sure they have a law against it,

GO DUKES!

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

12/06/2023 9:35 pm  #31

BluffHunter wrote:

Scary moment with Chabi. Hoping it was minor.

Looked like he was reaching for ball and a foot was under his rib cage and he landed on it.   That can hurt a lot.  I didnt think it was lower body.   He seemed woozy if anything.

Good road win.  Marshall isnt too good but maybe they win in  the SBC.   

If Dixon keeps it up at FT line, even at 65%, it will change games.

12/06/2023 9:40 pm  #32

He took a shot to the head.

12/06/2023 9:58 pm  #33

townsonkid wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

Looked like he was reaching for ball and a foot was under his rib cage and he landed on it.   That can hurt a lot.  I didnt think it was lower body.   He seemed woozy if anything.

Hopefully you are right. I also see WashPaRick’s comment. With his history and how “woozy” he was it scared me a lot. I hope and believe you are right. It looked like he hit his head.

12/06/2023 10:11 pm  #34

BluffHunter wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

Hopefully you are right. I also see WashPaRick’s comment. With his history and how “woozy” he was it scared me a lot. I hope and believe you are right. It looked like he hit his head.

He’s okay!!! As seen in the postgame video.

https://x.com/duqmbb/status/1732598183094575377?s=46

12/06/2023 11:01 pm  #35

Good Win -  Woild call Marshall's Offense "Organized Confusion"

Clark was sensational most of the night.

Last edited by SkepticAl (12/06/2023 11:13 pm)

12/07/2023 7:18 am  #36

Great win. They played sloppy at times, didn’t shoot lights out, nobody had a career game, and they still won comfortably on the road.  That is something this team does not do. But it is something good teams do.  Savrasov is turning into a difference maker. You can see the confidence building.  I bet this team is scaring the A-10 blue bloods

12/07/2023 7:43 am  #37

Fun video. That seems like a very together group feeling great about their coach. Very promising stuff!

BluffHunter wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

He’s okay!!! As seen in the postgame video.

https://x.com/duqmbb/status/1732598183094575377?s=46

12/07/2023 7:46 am  #38

CLK wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Game is televised on ESPN+  (this was a late addition to the broadcast schedule).

Also, the Dukes are looking for their first non-conference victory on the road since November 22, 2014 when the Dukes won at Abilene Christian.  Keith Dambrot is 0-5 in road non-conference games.  

Hopefully that streak will be broken tonight.  We have the Heard killer in Andrei Savrasov.  

So true on that one CLK
Love this team and can’t wait to get our 2 big guys healthy!

Last edited by Motor (12/07/2023 7:46 am)

12/07/2023 8:18 am  #39

How Ironic….we can all agree that Duquesne did not get screwed by the Referees. Marshall PF 26 Duquesne 18.  I further looked at the box score 3 Referees. Irony of all ironies. Wil Howard.The same referee who worked the Nebraska game. Either Howard took the Dukes & gave the points or this was a payback game for Coach Dambrot. Probably both. 

12/07/2023 10:45 am  #40

That is refreshing to hear “Iron Duke.  All you can hope for on the road is that the ref crew is competent, consistent throughout the game and on the same page as a crew.  I don’t know Will Howard from any other official, so it is possible that one or two officials in a three-man crew can make critical calls that swing the game one way or another.  I’ve seen crews that were clearly battling among themselves in regard to who will set the tone for the game.  So it’s probably unfair to implicate the entire crew when it could be only one official that  is off the rails in a given game.

12/07/2023 11:04 am  #41

Ironduke81 wrote:

How Ironic….we can all agree that Duquesne did not get screwed by the Referees. Marshall PF 26 Duquesne 18.  I further looked at the box score 3 Referees. Irony of all ironies. Wil Howard.The same referee who worked the Nebraska game. Either Howard took the Dukes & gave the points or this was a payback game for Coach Dambrot. Probably both. 

Marshall did intentionally foul a lot in the late minutes of the game to get the Dukes to the line hoping to close the score so it's hard to say how much the refs would have interfered if the game was close, but the Dukes on the other hand look like they are making an effort to not foul early. Great win on the road.

12/07/2023 12:29 pm  #42

NapaDuke wrote:

Ironduke81 wrote:

Marshall did intentionally foul a lot in the late minutes of the game to get the Dukes to the line hoping to close the score so it's hard to say how much the refs would have interfered if the game was close, but the Dukes on the other hand look like they are making an effort to not foul early. Great win on the road.

True, the foul stats got skewed very late in the game. In fact Marshall was still fouling with 15 seconds left  with a double-digit deficit.

12/07/2023 1:01 pm  #43

Ironduke81 wrote:

The Herd had a very handsy defense and they had some success with it, forcing turnovers and getting held balls early. But once they got behind and really had to ratchet it up, there were some real muggings out there that were hard to ignore.

12/07/2023 2:39 pm  #44

That was a good road win for the Dukes.  Despite winning by 13 points, I though they were a bit sloppy and unfocused; perhaps due to the week between games.  The more I see this team perform, the ceiling gets higher and higher.  

12/07/2023 3:08 pm  #45

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

That was a good road win for the Dukes.  Despite winning by 13 points, I though they were a bit sloppy and unfocused; perhaps due to the week between games.  The more I see this team perform, the ceiling gets higher and higher.  

It's a shame the NET rankings hold margin of victory with so much significance. It's important but the rankings exaggerate it. 

Board footera