Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/18/2023 10:00 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Bradley University Braves

phil95 wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Go to jonny @ TheBluffBlog to see stream.

You can see the last 30 minutes. 

I did just that.

Many thanks for the tip.

Nice seeing the guys celebrating after a hard earned win.

12/19/2023 12:21 am  #27

I was at the game tonight and just made it home (snow storm was crazy.  To the other Pittsburghers driving home, I hope you all are safe. It was scary conditions.) my takeaways from the game:

1. Jimmy Clark is the most electrifying player the Dukes have had in recent memory. He can shoot, drive and score, pass, and most importantly play great defense. That steal tonight at the end I won’t soon forget.

2.  Dae Dae does what it takes to win. He has not been lighting it up from outside but he continues to score at the line, play good defense, and steady the team when things start to go bad. This team will be hard to beat when he finds his stroke and starts lighting it up from outside.

3. Savrasov has arrived. He is a confident player now who can score and rebound and he won’t be pushed around.

4.  Kareem is starting to be a non factor out there and I’m curious if some of his minutes would be better spent on other players. He’s certainly not “hurting” the team and damn if he wasn’t grabbing a couple big rebounds late but he poses almost no offensive threat when he’s not hitting 3s and lately he’s not even shooting them. The competition is only going to get better and I’m back to my initial assessment that he is a 12-15 minute a game player. I wouldn’t even mind 20 minutes. But his 30 + a game is unwarranted. No points tonight. Took 3 shots and only 1 assist. He has good value for this team but not 30+ minutes a night

12/19/2023 12:24 am  #28

Styles1229 wrote:

I was at the game tonight and just made it home (snow storm was crazy. To the other Pittsburghers driving home, I hope you all are safe. It was scary conditions.) my takeaways from the game:

1. Jimmy Clark is the most electrifying player the Dukes have had in recent memory. He can shoot, drive and score, pass, and most importantly play great defense. That steal tonight at the end I won’t soon forget.

2. Dae Dae does what it takes to win. He has not been lighting it up from outside but he continues to score at the line, play good defense, and steady the team when things start to go bad. This team will be hard to beat when he finds his stroke and starts lighting it up from outside.

3. Savrasov has arrived. He is a confident player now who can score and rebound and he won’t be pushed around.

4. Kareem is starting to be a non factor out there and I’m curious if some of his minutes would be better spent on other players. He’s certainly not “hurting” the team and damn if he wasn’t grabbing a couple big rebounds late but he poses almost no offensive threat when he’s not hitting 3s and lately he’s not even shooting them. The competition is only going to get better and I’m back to my initial assessment that he is a 12-15 minute a game player. I wouldn’t even mind 20 minutes. But his 30 + a game is unwarranted. No points tonight. Took 3 shots and only 1 assist. He has good value for this team but not 30+ minutes a night

That drive back was definitely intense. Cars littered along 76 between Akron and Canton. 

12/19/2023 9:27 am  #29

Ironduke81 wrote:

Albaby wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

That's the truth, those commercials just ran anytime they wanted, regardless of the game.

Switched to Bradley's network, so much better.  

I actually thought Ray & sidekick did a solid job👍It’s Christmas week no room for haters. Go Dukes

It wasn't their fault the station cut away and ran commercials while the game was ongoing. I missed part of the game approaching the 8-minute mark, then almost 4 minutes of the later action. Then they cut away again during the crucial last half minute (the turnover, then the steal and Clark's alert pass to Dixon. I was reading the real time script of the game by then while the audio was playing a string of commercials.

12/19/2023 10:35 am  #30

WashPaRick wrote:

WashPaRick wrote:

Go to jonny @ TheBluffBlog to see stream.

You can see the last 30 minutes. 

Can anyone share a link to the stream?
Thanks
Was an awesome win and for once we were on the buzzer beater end!

12/19/2023 10:44 am  #31

There is a lot of videos and reports out there from the web and social media on this game.  Here's a recap of what I found:

Duquesne Game Story:  Dixon's Layup Lifts Dukes to Fourth Consecutive Win - Duquesne University Athletics (goduquesne.com)

Peoria Newspaper Game Story:  Bradley Braves men's basketball team loses on road at Duquesne (pjstar.com)

Article by Zac Weiss - Inside the Dukes:  Inside the Dukes: Defensive Efforts Save Dambrot's Homecoming Game - Pittsburgh Sports Now

Post Game Interviews by Zac and George of Pittsburgh Sports Now with Dambrot, Dixon, Clark and Rozier.
WATCH: Duquesne's Keith Dambrot, David Dixon Break Down Buzzer-Beating Win - Pittsburgh Sports Now

Post Game story by Zac Weiss:  Duquesne Beats Bradley Behind Dixon's Buzzer Beater - Pittsburgh Sports Now

Video of last 8 minutes of the game - courtesy of Jonny at The Bluff Blog:  https://x.com/TheBluffBlog/status/1736922865608392783

Video of the steal, the pass, the layup for the win:  https://x.com/A10Talk/status/1736934500523790636
Video of the steal, the pass, the layup for the win:  https://x.com/DuqMBB/status/1736930245293273144
Video of the steal, the pass, the layup for the win: https://x.com/hoops_oh/status/1737095064449388678

12/19/2023 11:10 am  #32

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

There is a lot of videos and reports out there from the web and social media on this game.  Here's a recap of what I found:

Duquesne Game Story:  Dixon's Layup Lifts Dukes to Fourth Consecutive Win - Duquesne University Athletics (goduquesne.com)

Peoria Newspaper Game Story:  Bradley Braves men's basketball team loses on road at Duquesne (pjstar.com)

Article by Zac Weiss - Inside the Dukes:  Inside the Dukes: Defensive Efforts Save Dambrot's Homecoming Game - Pittsburgh Sports Now

Post Game Interviews by Zac and George of Pittsburgh Sports Now with Dambrot, Dixon, Clark and Rozier.
WATCH: Duquesne's Keith Dambrot, David Dixon Break Down Buzzer-Beating Win - Pittsburgh Sports Now

Post Game story by Zac Weiss:  Duquesne Beats Bradley Behind Dixon's Buzzer Beater - Pittsburgh Sports Now

Video of last 8 minutes of the game - courtesy of Jonny at The Bluff Blog:  https://x.com/TheBluffBlog/status/1736922865608392783

Video of the steal, the pass, the layup for the win:  https://x.com/A10Talk/status/1736934500523790636
Video of the steal, the pass, the layup for the win:  https://x.com/DuqMBB/status/1736930245293273144
Video of the steal, the pass, the layup for the win: https://x.com/hoops_oh/status/1737095064449388678

Thank you PR2!!!!

12/19/2023 11:13 am  #33

Love this, Dixon is hilarious!

“I channeled my inner safety, I’m not going to lie to you,” Dixon smiled. “I thought I was Deion Sanders. The ball was going right to me and so I went up and caught it. Got the dub, I’m happy. Shoutout Prime.”

12/19/2023 11:45 am  #34

Phoenix, thanks for all the links and information.  You are the Boardhost MVP 

12/19/2023 12:28 pm  #35

Glad I could pull this info together. Hard to follow the Dukes with no stream and crappy radio production. Shoutout to Jonny for streaming the last 8 minutes; you could get some idea of the flow of the game.

Also, the Santa Clara game is being streamed on FloSports. Unfortunately, the cheapest subscription is $30 for a month. We are probably going to be in worse shape for this one since it’s likely that neither Zac nor Jonny will be in attendance.

12/19/2023 1:27 pm  #36

Johnny is true Red & Blue.

Here is a good article by Dave Mackall.

https://triblive.com/sports/duquesne-wins-in-final-second-at-lebron-james-high-school/

12/19/2023 1:47 pm  #37

Also, what a steal by Jimmy Clark. His responsibility was the player in the far corner; he snuck around backside and made a great steal. He then flared out a little to the right on his drive to open the perfect passing lane to Dixon. Big time sequence for him and the Dukes.

Also, the Dukes were adamant that Clark did not step out of bounds after a poor passing decision by Dae Dae. Unfortunately, there was no camera angle in the high school gym to support the Dukes position.

12/19/2023 3:43 pm  #38

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Thanks for the links. Great to see that play.

12/19/2023 3:59 pm  #39

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Glad I could pull this info together. Hard to follow the Dukes with no stream and crappy radio production. Shoutout to Jonny for streaming the last 8 minutes; you could get some idea of the flow of the game.

Also, the Santa Clara game is being streamed on FloSports. Unfortunately, the cheapest subscription is $30 for a month. We are probably going to be in worse shape for this one since it’s likely that neither Zac nor Jonny will be in attendance.

Steelers at 4:30, so put them on tv, and the Dukes on radio.   Steelers should be good for some laughs to kick off the holidays!!!
Sure would be nice to get this W against another decent team.

12/19/2023 8:51 pm  #40

townsonkid wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Steelers at 4:30, so put them on tv, and the Dukes on radio.   Steelers should be good for some laughs to kick off the holidays!!!

I would be shocked that Ray Goss travels to Las Vegas. He’s likely to be calling the game via the FloSports video stream. I have to believe that there are less than 500 people who listen to these Duquesne radio streams.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (12/19/2023 10:02 pm)

12/20/2023 9:00 am  #41

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

I would be shocked that Ray Goss travels to Las Vegas. He’s likely to be calling the game via the FloSports video stream. I have to believe that there are less than 500 people who listen to these Duquesne radio streams.

I usually listen to the pre-game and post-game interviews, but I suspect you are right.   God bless Ray though; he is a broadcasting icon.  

12/20/2023 10:03 am  #42

I am a little in awe of Ray. So few of us would be competent at our jobs & have the passion to continue doing them in our late 80's.

That man sat on a bleacher seat in Akron for 2+ hours & then road home in a nasty storm. To still be up for & enthusiastic about that after all this time & so few good years for the program is unique.

I have no idea if he does, but Ray could feasibly have great-grandchildren older than the youngest of the current players. By now he may have called games featuring  a father, son, & grandson. (I'll let someone else research the specifics on that one.) That's longevity!

Board footera