Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/16/2024 9:09 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - University of Richmond Spiders

DuqLaw95 wrote:

What a joke. Nobody should show up to watch these losers. Stop giving this team your money. If you have tickets, sell them to opposing fans. Something has to change, maybe a mass exodus of fan support will do that.

I think you're a real piece of (profanity). Showing up only after a loss. I'll take the banishment.

1/16/2024 9:17 pm  #27

This is not a bad team. This game was close.  The rotation of players today was, I think, an improvement.  The coaching staff should look at this game film and see what's working and what adjustments needs  to be  made. going forward. Yea, the officials suck and we got screwed but Richmond didn't miss many shots when it counted. either. 

1/16/2024 9:21 pm  #28

DUQ23 wrote:

This team is much more efficient and patient without Grant in the lineup.

I agree the offense looked more balanced.  But we could have used a few three from Grant today.

1/16/2024 9:22 pm  #29

Keith Dambrot opens his press conference with:

"You're going to hear the truth now. Might cost me some money, but F*** it."

Yes coach!!! Send me the gofundme link. I’ll happily contribute. Our players deserve for their coach to have their back after that disgrace. Those officials need to be hepd accountable.

1/16/2024 9:28 pm  #30

Brutal loss.  At least Benz and Ellis were happy.

1/16/2024 9:30 pm  #31

townsonkid wrote:

Brutal loss. At least Benz and Ellis were happy.

This one made me chuckle. Well played.

1/16/2024 9:40 pm  #32

CityDuke wrote:

We might see an all time Dambrot post game today. Not an intentional foul on Quinn? Wildwood, have you watched this?

City Duke you are as big a loser as Dambrot. Up 59-51 on your home court with 5 minutes to go and get outscored 12-2!!! 15 games into the season and this coach still does know his rotations. The audacity of you to point me out is ludicrous. You and Dambrot are too stupid to leave it up to the referees to decide the game. Put the game away period. Run set plays instead of leaving it up to a player going one on one and making the refs make a decision. I question whether you ever played, coached or refereed. You pointing me out just shows you have no class or clue like Dambrot!!!!

1/16/2024 9:51 pm  #33

Wildwood13 wrote:

CityDuke wrote:

We might see an all time Dambrot post game today. Not an intentional foul on Quinn? Wildwood, have you watched this?

City Duke you are as big a loser as Dambrot. Up 59-51 on your home court with 5 minutes to go and get outscored 12-2!!! 15 games into the season and this coach still does know his rotations. The audacity of you to point me out is ludicrous. You and Dambrot are too stupid to leave it up to the referees to decide the game. Put the game away period. Run set plays instead of leaving it up to a player going one on one and making the refs make a decision. I question whether you ever played, coached or refereed. You pointing me out just shows you have no class or clue like Dambrot!!!!

The rotations were pretty spot on tonight, no? We no doubt could have handled it regardless of the whistle. Clark made some bad decisions and missed a clutch free throw. Rozier had an open three to put the game away. Dambrot got us good looks down the stretch. We failed to execute. But to give the officials a pass after missing 6 straight in the last 4 minutes? Want Dambrot to call up a play? He could have if they awarded him the timeout he called. Me pointing you out? I thought you were our ref on this blog? Asking for your opinion offended you? Yikes!

1/16/2024 10:00 pm  #34

I am dissappoimted in the loss but Dukes did not execute in last 5 minutes.This season is turning into a horrendous disaster.So much hope for a special season.

1/16/2024 10:09 pm  #35

The players showed some real fight tonight. I was very happy to see that. We also saw some encouraging signs for future rotation ideas.

I don't think Mahorcic & Tre Williams should get too many more chances to be in at the same time but, maybe they will develop some kind of rhythm. Who knows?

As for the officiating, things didn't go the Dukes' way on a few calls down the stretch & Richmond got hosed a few times in the middle of the 2nd half.

However, before screaming bloody murder about how badly these refs screwed our team in our building, it should be considered that the same refs allowed KD to behave like a madman for several minutes without teeing him up. When the coach was bunny-hopping down the court, during play, & called a timeout 8 times in the ref's face, I was shocked he didn't get tossed. The officials could have granted Richmond 2 shots right then instead of cutting KD tons of slack.

This game was lost because of the Dukes' poor offensive & defensive execution over the last 5 minutes. They went on a 12-2 run to close the game.

This was compounded by Richmond knowing just when to press/trap after made FTs & shots just as UMass & Loyola did.. It boggles the mind that KD still thinks it is the right idea to get the ball in to Dixon when he is going to be trapped immediately. (This is not Dixon's fault.)

7 seasons with no postseason success, consistently out-coached in tight games, & completely losing your cool when your team most needs your leadership; Keith Dambrot cannot be Duquesne's coach beyond this season unless he produces some sort of miracle in March.

1/16/2024 10:25 pm  #36

I did happen to watch the game, as my game tonight was canceled, and the intentional foul on Clark as a no call was pretty bad! But winning at home by 8 and only scoring 2 points the last five minutes is ridiculous. When a coach whines like Dambrot, he is not going to get the 50/50 calls. Plus it’s a built in excuse and the players as well are going to follow the coaches lead in complaining and getting upset, which is not a winning formula. Instead they should focus on how to finish the game in a winning fashion. Also, when they widened the gap and closed the game, it was a totally different lineup. Dambrot has had these players with the exception of the big since August and he still doesn’t know who can play with whom. What players work together as a team to give us the best chance of winning. This coach has failed to put his players in the best position of winning games. This coach has been given every opportunity to be successful more so than any coach in Duquesne history. His out of conference schedule has been the easiest in Duquesne history, the A-10 has been the easiest in it’s history, he has better players than other teams but loses, his players don’t improve under his leadership, they all most regress, his opponent preparation is non existent, and his in game coaching is a joke. I know people don’t like the negativity on this board but sometimes the truth hurts. Calling it like I see it and people getting offended on a message board about basketball is just nuts. Are you to accept the nonsense to continue without criticism? I want the Dukes to be successful as anyone on this board, but I don’t appreciate crybabies when trying to get to the next level.

1/16/2024 10:32 pm  #37

I don't even know what to say about the final part of that game. The strategy, the refs, everything. Doesn't make sense. Duquesne should have won this game and it was without Dae Dae. This team can not fold.

Last edited by BluffHunter (1/16/2024 10:32 pm)

1/16/2024 10:33 pm  #38

1/16/2024 10:33 pm  #39

This game was mostly enjoyable to watch for the first 38 minutes or so,but painful to see at the end. I don't know how Richmond can do a better job of tackling Clark near game's  end than the Steelers did yesterday trying to tackle the Bills, without it being a flagrant foul.  It still shouldn't come down to that. As stated above, better execution and a smarter inbounds play would have salted this away as a W.  Let's get the next one

1/16/2024 10:36 pm  #40

If F. Drame and Hronsky can produce that would help a ton. H. Drame, Chabi, and Savrasov were not part of the rotation tonight and it's still a 9-man rotation without Grant.

1/17/2024 9:44 am  #41

There is plenty of game film for teams to see the Dukes can't handle that trap. The Dukes had better practice to beat that press and trap near the end of each game, because it's going to keep happening until they learn to not only beat that trap,  but burn their opponent with quick transition baskets  for trying. I hope they figure it out.

1/17/2024 11:15 am  #42

Watched the game Dukes defense back door prevent outstanding. Unfortunately, as the game progressed I just knew they would lose. It just comes with being a long suffering Duquesne fan. My question is when the Cooper center was finished did a Spiritan Priest bless the facility. Blessing of a home is indeed a standard Catholic practice. Obviously, in regard to the Palumbo Center Father Hogan may have forgot. If however the new facity received a formal blessing then I strongly recommend an exorcism😂

1/17/2024 1:09 pm  #43

Like I think the Cubs fans used to say, wait til next year!!!
HA!!!

1/17/2024 2:19 pm  #44

townsonkid wrote:

Like I think the Cubs fans used to say, wait til next year!!!
HA!!!

Two months to find the right lineups and get some momentum. The great things about college basketball is there is always the opportunity to go on a run. This team has more talent by a ton than the one-win team. Mental toughness and self-confidence is what this team needs. DO NOT FOLD.

1/17/2024 3:15 pm  #45

The team cannot overcome coaching ineptitude, how many times do you have to see this ending. Look at each teams final shot with the game tied. Clark throws up a 30ft. three and their guy drives to the hoop and gets fouled. 
How many times to we have to see the ball thrown into Dixon who is a marginal foul shooter and an inexperienced ball handler.
How does Hronsky who has played in less than 10% of the teams total minutes all season play 21 minutes and contribute 3pts and 2 rebounds. 
DiMichele 27 minutes 3pts 4 rebounds 
Mahorcic 2-11 from the field 0 rebounds
How does any player on this team know where they stand. 
How do you call a time out to set up some sort of play to try and get a rebound after Clark misses the first foul shot and not remind him the ball has to hit the rim. 
Coach this team doesn’t need a sports psychologist it needs a coach!

1/17/2024 4:00 pm  #46

The Dome wrote:

The team cannot overcome coaching ineptitude, how many times do you have to see this ending. Look at each teams final shot with the game tied. Clark throws up a 30ft. three and their guy drives to the hoop and gets fouled. 
How many times to we have to see the ball thrown into Dixon who is a marginal foul shooter and an inexperienced ball handler.
How does Hronsky who has played in less than 10% of the teams total minutes all season play 21 minutes and contribute 3pts and 2 rebounds. 
How do you call a time out to set up some sort of play to try and get a rebound after Clark misses the first foul shot and not remind him the ball has to hit the rim. 

Dome I agree with you. Yes there is no question the Dukes got some horrible calls against them in the last two minutes. I am still trying to figure out what the refs saw when Jimmy was held by his waist going up for the trying score. How is that not a deliberate foul. HOWEVER. The team was screw more by horrible coaching in the last five minutes. High school coaches would have seen the trap being set for Dixon and called a time out.

I still believe this team can make a run. But these coaches need to do a better job. I am still pulling for Dambrot to fulfill his Dad's request to get the Dukes back to the NCAA tournament. I still believe this team is good enough to put it together. It would be crushing and sad to see them fold.

1/17/2024 4:10 pm  #47

CLK wrote:

The Dome wrote:

Dome I agree with you. Yes there is no question the Dukes got some horrible calls against them in the last two minutes. I am still trying to figure out what the refs saw when Jimmy was held by his waist going up for the trying score. How is that not a deliberate foul. HOWEVER. The team was screw more by horrible coaching in the last five minutes. High school coaches would have seen the trap being set for Dixon and called a time out.

I still believe this team can make a run. But these coaches need to do a better job. I am still pulling for Dambrot to fulfill his Dad's request to get the Dukes back to the NCAA tournament. I still believe this team is good enough to put it together. It would be crushing and sad to see them fold.

Dambrot did call a timeout…that’s why he was pissed.

1/17/2024 4:11 pm  #48

DuqLaw95 wrote:

What a joke. Nobody should show up to watch these losers. Stop giving this team your money. If you have tickets, sell them to opposing fans. Something has to change, maybe a mass exodus of fan support will do that.

Wildwood, as I mentioned in another post valid discussion of coaching, player performance, strategy are all valid discussion and I don't think the posters you were calling crybabies think of them as negative comments that turn them off. If you are looking for an example thecone above is a good one.

1/17/2024 4:22 pm  #49

CityDuke wrote:

CLK wrote:

The Dome wrote:

Dambrot did call a timeout…that’s why he was pissed.

My understanding was that he was trying to call a time out after Dixon already had the ball. In any event, it should have never got to thar point. This team is screaming for structure and discipline. This team in crunch time resorts to street ball. That is on the coaches to teach and enforce.

1/17/2024 4:29 pm  #50

I think we got screwed more by the refs in the Nebraska game... and like it was mentioned the team cannot put itself in the position where officiating can make a difference... but the more I think about it the worse it gets. Dambrot is right. Every ref in the country should be standing beside him saying call the timeout when you need it in that scenario with less than two minutes left. I do not know how that ball can get inbounded, dambrot and co scream for a timeout, there be an INADVERTANT WHISTLE, and then Dayton recieves the ball. It's true Dixon gave the ball away by that point but why was there an inadvertant whistle then? It should have been a timeout. Then Jimmy has a clear path to the hoop and intentionally hugged on his way. I also think 3 of the fouls on Dimichele were bad calls as he just rips the ball straight out of the opposing team's hands. Saturday is big because Tuesday against Bonaventure is going to be quite the environment and probably the same reffing sh*tshow. This is not a bottom four team.

Board footera