Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2024 12:26 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Fordham University Rams (H)

Still @ Shales I couldn't agree more with your comment regarding Rozier.  He needs to come off the bench and his minutes reduced, especially with the emergence of DiMichelle, play Clark at the PG!!!  Clark can drive and score or dish.  Again, it isn't about the X's and the O's its about the Jimmy's and the Joe's and sorry, nothing personal, Kareem is a great kid and good to have on your team as a back-up, but he is NOT A-10 quality starting PG.  Townson you mentioned some names that form a good base for next year, and we do need scorers and shooters, but look at the stats (the Juco guard) and size (the Aikens kid) of the 2 guys we signed and I am underwhelmed to put it mildly.  

1/29/2024 12:56 pm  #27

If Kareem doesn't start, what is your favored starting 5? Just curious. I don't think KD will do that.

I  have given up on tracking recruiting very seriously until after then portal opens. I expect 6-9 new faces from there depending on possible defections.

PistolPete wrote:

Still @ Shales I couldn't agree more with your comment regarding Rozier.  He needs to come off the bench and his minutes reduced, especially with the emergence of DiMichelle, play Clark at the PG!!!  Clark can drive and score or dish.  Again, it isn't about the X's and the O's its about the Jimmy's and the Joe's and sorry, nothing personal, Kareem is a great kid and good to have on your team as a back-up, but he is NOT A-10 quality starting PG.  Townson you mentioned some names that form a good base for next year, and we do need scorers and shooters, but look at the stats (the Juco guard) and size (the Aikens kid) of the 2 guys we signed and I am underwhelmed to put it mildly.  

1/29/2024 1:17 pm  #28

I do like the idea of using this Chicago State game to see if we can get our 3 point shooting back on track.

1/30/2024 10:14 am  #29

Dixon looked great especially in the first half... he seemed more controlled on his way to the hoop and went for the lay-ins instead of trying to rip the rim off and throw the ball into the stands. Mahorcic did great in limited time and I have no problem with him only playing 10 or so minutes if we can match him up against a non-stretch big and he can eat up down low. He also looked more patient and less forceful with bad acrobatic shot attempts. Dimichele is just so impressive, he sees the gane so well, has no fear, will dive on the floor as soon as the ball is loose... just a great hustle player with urgency you can't teach.

1/30/2024 10:16 am  #30

Regarding the post-game press conference, Dambrot was finally asked about the absence of Savrasov but didn't really give a specific answer, pretty much he thinks an 11 man rotation is already too much. If DiMichele can start hitting he's threes look out because the way he drives and the touch he has around the rim can only be rivaled by Jimmy Clark.

1/30/2024 12:54 pm  #31

I'll leave the coaching to the coaching staff but would love to see Jimmy Clark playing the point more.
Dusan sure looked good in his limited role.
Great to have Dae Dae back. Hoping he can find his 3 point shot again.

1/30/2024 1:19 pm  #32

A lot of people will hear that Dimichele is a walk-on and think "wow, the state of Duquesne must be bad if they have a walk-on leading a conference game in minutes played" and I felt similar at first but jake is a diamond in the rough and a true hardnosed Pittsburgher from the Rocks. I love the story and know he deserves a scholarship and like Dambrot said "everything he has earned." This is not like when we had Davis Larson in the rotation... not to throw strays at him because I respect his game but that was a bad time... Much different than this.

Last edited by BluffHunter (1/30/2024 1:19 pm)

Board footera