Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/28/2024 12:51 pm  #1

Today's Game

Women can move into a top 4 spot with a win today vs. Loyola Chicago. For some reason official site has this as a 6PM start, while ESPN+ and A10 think it's 2PM. Anybody know for sure?

1/28/2024 4:19 pm  #2

Re: Today's Game

Sorry I didn’t see your post.  It was at 2:00.    Maybe their most complete game of the season.  Won every quarter. 

Nice to see Precious with a big contribution.   7-2 conference record with @ VCU next.  VCU will either be 7-1 or 6-2 after their game with George Mason.

I think Ayanna Townsend has really fueled this run.  They haven’t had a strong athletic post presence since Amdea Smazosi of the tournament team.  She allows them to go inside out on offense.

Last edited by DuqBlue (1/28/2024 6:42 pm)

1/28/2024 6:06 pm  #3

DuqBlue wrote:

Maybe their most complete game of the season. Won every quarter.

Nice to see Precious with a big contribution.

I haven't seen every game so I'll agree with on on maybe, but of the games I've attended I'd say it is definitely the most complete game of the season.  Winning every quarter is big.  I think we're now seeing the team that we've been hoping for this season.

I try not to have favorite players for either the men or the women but sometimes I just can't help doing so.  As deserving as all of her teammates are of my admiration and support PJ is my favorite.  Today was so great because she fully played up to her potential.  I've been a friend of her uncle for decades and was so happy to have her choose Duquesne.  Her dad and I have become good friends over the past few years and we were talking about Precious' recent frustrations at half time and I said what a great first half she had and that it seemed, to use an old cliche, that she was letting the game come to her where she had been pressing earlier in the season.  Stew said that is exactly what he told her when he arrived from Sweden last week, that she just needs to play her game and let it come to her.  She surely listened to dad today.  He'll be here to support and cheer her on the rest of the year so hopefully this is just the start of a good run for PJ and she'll be the next member of the 1,000 point club.

1/30/2024 12:45 am  #4

A nice video when Stewart's number was retired which happened last November 29.  

https://youtu.be/2Bh209Fic6E

Board footera