Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/09/2024 12:10 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - Davidson University Wildcats

FAM wrote:

-Rozier should have played very little after his turnovers
-Embarassing no crowd… which is what happens when you lose at home during a sellout
-I look for them to lose their next two without a problem (Hope I’m wrong but I doubt it.).

We have to win at least one of those two games.  That would bring us to 4-7 in the League with 7 regular season games left.  In my opinion we need, could, must win at least 6 of those games to get us to10-8.  That would give us momentum, and the way the League is going possibly into the top 6 going into the Tournament. I still believe that we have the talent, size, depth and experience to do that. I still believe in the players. This coaching staff needs to do their job and get it done.

2/09/2024 12:15 pm  #52

In that video Necas is playing against the freshman chemistry lab team from St Ann's.   :-)
But I would like to see more of what he can do.   

a rebuild is going to happen naturally, there are what, 7 guys out of time on this roster.   Coach with no contract, probably has had enough, and will retire, spend time with his family.  Thats a rebuild.

Lets pretend Dixon, Barre, Necas, Hronsky, Rozier and DiMichele are back.   Hopefully they come back.   Thats not a bad place to start.   
Dixon really seems to respect Dambrot, he might leave if KD is done.   Same with Rozier.  
PG is a glaring need, so hit the portal for a good PG.   Get two.
Focus on getting quality, not quantity.     

I agree, next coach doesnt need to be some sexy highly paid hire, but should be someone looking to move up, and won at a lower level than the A10.   Hopefully they hire a good search agency, or Harper is already putting a list together. 

2/09/2024 1:39 pm  #53

This Dukes team, IMHO, is capable of winning against any A-10 team left on our schedule, with the possible exception of Dayton. Unfortunately, it's also capable of losing to those same teams. Definitely a team that plays up to or down to the level of competition for the most part. I really can't figure the team out. There is a level of inconsistency with most of the players on our team which I really haven't seen that much of before. Is it just a quirky thing with the players that we have or is it something to do with the coaching and mental preparedness? I really thought this team was a cinch to win over 20 games like most on this board. Now, I wonder if that is even a realistic possibility at this point. Call me totally frustrated! Was planning on attending the Davidson game but just getting over a cold and decided to watch on ESPN+ from my sofa. A truly fortuitous decision looking back on it. That game could have sent me to the ER at Mercy. I never give up on the team, but I am grasping for straws to find anything encouraging at this juncture of the season. I find myself constantly thinking about the future of the program more than I do the current season. This is most likely the most disappointing. season that I may have witnessed, and I go back to the mid-sixties and Willie Somerset's final year on the Bluff. There have been others, but this one seems the worst right now. Can we ever get this program where we think it could be!?!?

Last edited by El Presidente (2/09/2024 1:41 pm)

2/09/2024 6:25 pm  #54

townsonkid wrote:

In that video Necas is playing against the freshman chemistry lab team from St Ann's.   :-)
But I would like to see more of what he can do.   

a rebuild is going to happen naturally, there are what, 7 guys out of time on this roster.   Coach with no contract, probably has had enough, and will retire, spend time with his family.  Thats a rebuild.

Lets pretend Dixon, Barre, Necas, Hronsky, Rozier and DiMichele are back.   Hopefully they come back.   Thats not a bad place to start.   
Dixon really seems to respect Dambrot, he might leave if KD is done.   Same with Rozier.  
PG is a glaring need, so hit the portal for a good PG.   Get two.
Focus on getting quality, not quantity.     

I agree, next coach doesnt need to be some sexy highly paid hire, but should be someone looking to move up, and won at a lower level than the A10.   Hopefully they hire a good search agency, or Harper is already putting a list together. 

I'm just reading the tea leaves.  But, I have to believe the decision has already been made that Joyce is the next coach when KD finally makes a decision to retire.

2/10/2024 12:08 am  #55

I love them but this gets ridiculous. I like Keith. I wanted him to succeed. I thought it could make a great story. His father was on the 1955 and nit championship team. But it hasn't turned out the way that I think we all were hoping it would. Weather has been some success this team, especially this year, so far has been a complete dud. We shall see but based on past performance it's not very promising

2/10/2024 12:23 pm  #56

Sid Drambot was not on the 1955 NIT team

2/10/2024 1:43 pm  #57

Sid Dambrot played for the Dukes from 1952-54, and was on the Dukes team that was the NIT runner up in 54. The Dukes won it the following year.

https://triblive.com/sports/former-duquesne-star-sidney-dambrot-father-of-dukes-coach-dies-at-the-age-of-90/

Last edited by CityDuke (2/10/2024 1:43 pm)

Board footera