Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/11/2024 1:54 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - St. Bonaventure University Bonnies (A)

Maybe the best win in the Dambrot era.To play with the poise of a champion gives me hope after the worst performance of season.Dukes go into Dayton game with positivity and Dayton to me is vastly overrated.
The pressure is on Dayton,Make Dayton play defense and muddy the game up.
Value the basketball and get Grant making threes and clobber,smother Holmes like VCU did and who knows.
We owe Dayton an ass kicking

2/11/2024 1:55 pm  #27

I love a happy Boardhost community!!! Beating the Bonnies twice sure does feel good.

This team has what it takes... its about the mindset and growing together! Dixon and Drama really coming into their own is fantastic for the guards. Tre clarks pass at the end of the first half and the lob to Dixon in crunch time were insane. I had a great day yesterday because of our Dukes.

2/11/2024 1:57 pm  #28

stew wrote:

Maybe the best win in the Dambrot era.To play with the poise of a champion gives me hope after the worst performance of season.Dukes go into Dayton game with positivity and Dayton to me is vastly overrated.
The pressure is on Dayton,Make Dayton play defense and muddy the game up.
Value the basketball and get Grant making threes and clobber,smother Holmes like VCU did and who knows.
We owe Dayton an ass kicking

You're the best Stew! Hope all is well.

2/11/2024 2:03 pm  #29

Lunardi projected Dayton as a 4 seed, will be a one and done.VCU should have beaten them by at least 10 points but missed wide open threes in 2nd half to make it close. The Jack kid is really good but the reliance on Holmes to do everything as they are good but not great without him.GO BLUFFITES

2/11/2024 2:06 pm  #30

Double down on Homes like Dukes did against the Bonnies big man and lets go and beat the hell out of Dayton Cryers

2/11/2024 2:12 pm  #31

Really like the way the team is starting to play together. There is potential to go deep in the A10 tournament if they can improve their consistency and go 40 hard minutes each game the rest of the season.

On another note I had a chance to see GW play Rhode Island which made me even more impressed by the talent and team play and mindset that the Dukes have.  The dukes have a very fluid passing game and their defense is getting better every game.

Let’s make a run at it!

2/11/2024 2:54 pm  #32

BluffHunter wrote:

I love a happy Boardhost community!!! Beating the Bonnies twice sure does feel good.

This team has what it takes... its about the mindset and growing together! Dixon and Drama really coming into their own is fantastic for the guards. Tre clarks pass at the end of the first half and the lob to Dixon in crunch time were insane. I had a great day yesterday because of our Dukes.

Take a minute and look at a very unhappy message board - Duquesne on Saturday | The Bona Bandwagon (proboards.com)
It looks like a cut and paste of this board's messages after a loss - just change the team name and the coaches name.  Time for Dambrot/Schmidt to move on; we don't run an offense; running the offense through the center slows things down; the team was not prepared to defend the high level offense; they had no passion; etc. etc. etc.  It is so funny.  

2/11/2024 4:20 pm  #33

I would love to have Schmidt as our coach!

2/12/2024 1:29 pm  #34

FAM wrote:

I would love to have Schmidt as our coach!

Highly under rated on the national scene. Can't imagine how he recruits as well as he does up in Olean, NY which seems more like Siberia to me. Excellent coach for my money!

Board footera