Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2024 8:40 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - University of Dayton Flyers (A)

5 straight trips to the line for Dayton. Its about that time….

2/13/2024 8:41 pm  #27

A10, don’t make it so obvious. 7 straight trips to the line?

2/13/2024 8:42 pm  #28

Gotta rebound missed free throws. Didn't get the last 2.

2/13/2024 8:44 pm  #29

No charge for Rozier? 8 straight trips to the line for Dayton. We’ve shot 3 free throws.

2/13/2024 8:45 pm  #30

SAID NO TURNOVERS, DAMNIT... Work on press breaking...

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/13/2024 8:45 pm  #31

How does the same thing happen in every single game. EVERY SINGLE ONE. 

2/13/2024 8:47 pm  #32

Time to make a run.

2/13/2024 8:47 pm  #33

Duquesne up 4. Dayton 8 straight trips to the free throw line. Dayton 21 free throws. Duquesne 3. Dayton up 7. Can’t say I didn’t see this coming.

2/13/2024 8:47 pm  #34

Did anyone expect a different outcome?

2/13/2024 8:50 pm  #35

Two minute collapse. No one within 20 feet of Brea on his 3 pointer..

WE ARE CREEPING UP TO THE SECOND FLOOR....

2/13/2024 8:51 pm  #36

We need to respond better for sure, but absolutely heartbreaking as a player when you see the agenda. Control what you can control Dukes! Finish strong

2/13/2024 8:53 pm  #37

Hell yeah Dambrot!

2/13/2024 8:56 pm  #38

The refs took over at the 5 minute mark, and that’s the end of that.

2/13/2024 9:00 pm  #39

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Do better Atlantic 10. Absolute joke.

2/13/2024 9:01 pm  #40

Pathetic on all levels. 

2/13/2024 9:01 pm  #41

I don't understand this board. How is everyone blaming the officials and cheering on the team??? This team is garbage. They are pathetic. Can't hold on to the ball, can't get a rebound, can't make a shot in the final five minutes of games. How do you go 6 minutes without scoring!!! I have never seen a team play sloppier basketball than this team at the end of games. When it was still a 3 point game Dayton missed the free throw and Drame rebounded it and just dropped it out of bounds. Every team puts the press on them in the last 5 minutes because they can't handle it AT ALL!! I have never been as frustrated with a Duquesne team as I am with this one in 25+ years of watching. 

2/13/2024 9:01 pm  #42

33 minutes of compete.

2/13/2024 9:05 pm  #43

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Yes the refs did their blatant best to make sure Dayton would not lose two in a row.  But it might of helped some if the Dukes could have hit some 3's. in those last 5 plus minutes   

2/13/2024 9:07 pm  #44

That sucks. We were beating them in basically every category at one point minus FTs. And then Dayton was showered with fouls after the 6:30 mark. I think they got 3 on one offensive trip. A bit of BS for sure, but... you also have to make "A" bucket down the stretch. Another game where if we had "Rhode Island" Dae Dae, this might be different. Idk what's going on with his 3 point shooting since then but ugh...

2/13/2024 9:09 pm  #45

NapaDuke wrote:

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Yes the refs did their blatant best to make sure Dayton would not lose two in a row.  But it might of helped some if the Dukes could have hit some 3's. in those last 5 plus minutes   

Absolutely Napa. We unfortunately let the refs rattle us a bit, and let them take us out of our game. Have to be more resilient, this unfortunately isn’t a new experience for us this season. I love that Dambrot has stood up for his guys every time this has happened so far.

2/13/2024 9:16 pm  #46

If you take the fouls and the free throw shooting out of it, over the last 6 minutes, here are the stats:

Dayton 12-0 Run
Duquesne 0-8 FG
Duquesne 4 Turnovers
Dayton 5 Offensive Rebounds

The officials could have left the building with 6 minutes to go and Duquesne still would have lost. 

2/13/2024 9:16 pm  #47

Same old same old. As I said, the boy cried wolf

2/13/2024 9:20 pm  #48

Unfortunately coach was caught in the situation he finds himself in many , many times.

At a crucial time in the game ( 6 minute mark ) he has 2 players on the court , who due to physical limitations, struggle to contain their man / play effective defense , rebound and score. It came back to bite him in the a$$ tonight.

With this roster there is no easy answer to this issue. Just gotta plug on.

2/13/2024 9:32 pm  #49

kidd082000 wrote:

If you take the fouls and the free throw shooting out of it, over the last 6 minutes, here are the stats:

Dayton 12-0 Run
Duquesne 0-8 FG
Duquesne 4 Turnovers
Dayton 5 Offensive Rebounds

The officials could have left the building with 6 minutes to go and Duquesne still would have lost. 

Dayton beat Duquesne. And they did it because they played great down the stretch and we did not.  But don’t act like the refs had nothing to do with it?!?! They continuously went the free throw line while the Dukes got no calls. They made the FTs. But if a few of those fouls aren’t called they are empty possessions and the Dukes possibly get momentum and don’t have to face the press on an inbound pass.  The call on Rozier just bad and I think Dae Dae getting run over while taking a forearm to chest and getting called for a foul was terrible.  They executed and took advantage of a very lopsidedly called game.  The Dukes could not overcome.  I’m not blaming the refs for the loss but it would have been nice to see how things would have played out if the Dukes got a couple calls and Dayton wasnt getting a whistle on every possession

2/13/2024 9:57 pm  #50

Duquesne 1 for 3 foul shooting.  Dayton, 16 for 23.  Now you tell me.

Board footera