Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/28/2024 8:38 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - La Salle University Explorers

Big 3 from Drame after 3 bad passes,  2 by Rozier and 1 from Williams.

2/28/2024 8:52 pm  #27

Great 2nd half. Cut the two heads right off the snake. Good win. Let’s get another on Saturday.

2/28/2024 8:57 pm  #28

Dusan looked great tonight. Clark looked sharp. Good second half after sluggish first half. They got some time to prepare for two road games. It would be great to win one or both. They need some momentum going to the tourney.

Last edited by NapaDuke (2/28/2024 9:00 pm)

2/28/2024 9:01 pm  #29

Another after game interview missed as they cut to commercial.

2/28/2024 10:15 pm  #30

Air Duquesne is still flying.  Solid W tonight. Good to see the chemistry between Clark and Dusan.

And the only thing that has crashed is the number of posters after a win.

Last edited by PhoenixRising2 (2/28/2024 10:16 pm)

2/28/2024 11:08 pm  #31

Another solid win against an opponent that the Dukes should absolutely have beaten at home.

I am sure I am forgetting other great games but this was my favorite Jimmy Clark performance of the season.

Anybody know why Necas was getting worked on by the training staff?

It was truly nice to see Rozier make some positive contributions.

Good to see F. Drame back in the mix.

2/28/2024 11:25 pm  #32

Great second half performance! Air Duquesne needs to keep raising the altitude!

Jimmy and Dusan postgame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLlVovYWmg

Keith Dambrot postgame:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9YxYPXXcI0

2/29/2024 2:51 am  #33

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Air Duquesne is still flying.  Solid W tonight. Good to see the chemistry between Clark and Dusan.

And the only thing that has crashed is the number of posters after a win.

Enough of the stuff about the people posting after beating a team that has a rating below 200. That’s the second time in a month, and you have the guall to warn other posters!! We beat a team at home that we were supposed to!!!!

2/29/2024 6:28 am  #34

FAM wrote:

The probably view...the Dukes will "probably" win because they are playing an average team at home.  Look for them to get smashed on Saturday...an away game against a team with a good record.  Yes, I have lost hope for another year.

The Dukes have the same conference record as George Mason and only one game difference overall.

2/29/2024 8:01 am  #35

Nice 2nd half intensity last night resulted in a much needed win.  Now, let's go do that again in Fairfax.  Let's Go Dukes

2/29/2024 8:45 am  #36

Awesome second half!  Now, can we win Saturday against one of the teams that beat Dayton this year. It’s up to the defense. Go Dukes.

2/29/2024 9:16 am  #37

Good result, needed result.   Clark and Marhocic came thru bigly.
Gonna need Grant to score to win these next 2.   Hopefully the can draw up something to get him looks.
I feel scared watching Dixon play, it just seems like when, not if, he goes down with that knee.   I sure hope he is okay, he's my favorite player.

It is strange to see comments about other people's comments from day(s) ago, even after a win.   Y'all just cant let anything go around here.   50 years of frustration I guess.

2/29/2024 9:25 am  #38

That was a red hot La Salle team. It was a game we should win and needed to win, but they came in here in the midst of a 3 game win streak. Nice to be the ones to shut that down.

I really liked the minutes Necas and Hronsky gave us last night. When our first group struggled early, that second group kept us in striking distance. I wish Dambrot would have gone back to them in the second half. I thought they had earned it. But I don’t care who plays as long as we’re winning! On to Fairfax.

2/29/2024 10:06 am  #39

townsonkid wrote:

Good result, needed result.   Clark and Marhocic came thru bigly.
Gonna need Grant to score to win these next 2.   Hopefully the can draw up something to get him looks.
I feel scared watching Dixon play, it just seems like when, not if, he goes down with that knee.   I sure hope he is okay, he's my favorite player.

It is strange to see comments about other people's comments from day(s) ago, even after a win.   Y'all just cant let anything go around here.   50 years of frustration I guess.

Truly hope that Dixon finishes his college career here at DU. He is the most improved player that I've seen under KD and certainly a most valuable member of this current team!

2/29/2024 10:08 am  #40

FAM wrote:

Awesome second half! Now, can we win Saturday against one of the teams that beat Dayton this year. It’s up to the defense. Go Dukes.

We did just beat a lesser team, but, the Dukes did finish strong and it will be very impressive this late in the season to win one on the road against a quality team.  Dusan looked his best last night. Go Dukes.

2/29/2024 2:42 pm  #41

Rarely have I come across a group of individuals in one place and at one time as fickle as this board.
We win--what a great effort, so and so was spectacular,  they seem to be coming together,  blah,  blah,  blah
We lose--same as always,  nothing's changed, so and so isn't a division 1 player,  why was he playing and not him blah,  blah,  blah.
Wet your finger and stick it up in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. At one point someone started a conversation thread on why more people are not participating... fickleness is part of it.  The same posters writing to the same posters.  The same posters responding to the same posters. We win everything is sunshine and lollipops;  we loose and everything is wrong and the same small group of posters fickle back and forth with the wind. New posters with new outlooks are ignored until they get the point and go away so the same old posters can fickle back and forth.
Teams win and lose, period. That happens and the board turns like a wolf pack on who is right and why you are wrong and look how insightful I am and you're not. New poster?  Ignore him and he'll go away.  Then back to the same people vs the same people. Here's an idea you can ignore:  open the windows and let some fresh air in. Quit whinnimg and giggling every time we loose and win.
If this upsets some people then I've accomplished my goal.  If not, you're probably too busy thinking about what fickle attitude you want to champion next.  Thanks to the one or two people that don't skip over this post.

The Great Spirit made us all. It is for this that we are all brothers

2/29/2024 2:52 pm  #42

Chingachgook 1826 wrote:

Rarely have I come across a group of individuals in one place and at one time as fickle as this board.
We win--what a great effort, so and so was spectacular,  they seem to be coming together,  blah,  blah,  blah
We lose--same as always,  nothing's changed, so and so isn't a division 1 player,  why was he playing and not him blah,  blah,  blah.
Wet your finger and stick it up in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. At one point someone started a conversation thread on why more people are not participating... fickleness is part of it.  The same posters writing to the same posters.  The same posters responding to the same posters. We win everything is sunshine and lollipops;  we loose and everything is wrong and the same small group of posters fickle back and forth with the wind. New posters with new outlooks are ignored until they get the point and go away so the same old posters can fickle back and forth.
Teams win and lose, period. That happens and the board turns like a wolf pack on who is right and why you are wrong and look how insightful I am and you're not. New poster?  Ignore him and he'll go away.  Then back to the same people vs the same people. Here's an idea you can ignore:  open the windows and let some fresh air in. Quit whinnimg and giggling every time we loose and win.
If this upsets some people then I've accomplished my goal.  If not, you're probably too busy thinking about what fickle attitude you want to champion next.  Thanks to the one or two people that don't skip over this post.

I like this post.

2/29/2024 2:59 pm  #43

Thats what message boards are for.   Nothing does change here, not game to game, but season to season.   
You can find the same kind of posts on the pitt site, or Duke or Kentucky.   Only Dayton is perfect, although I saw someone mention getting rid of their coach.   IDK about that.

2/29/2024 3:02 pm  #44

townsonkid wrote:

Thats what message boards are for.   Nothing does change here, not game to game, but season to season.   
You can find the same kind of posts on the pitt site, or Duke or Kentucky.   Only Dayton is perfect, although I saw someone mention getting rid of their coach.   IDK about that.

There is often valuable conversations here but as another commenter pointed out with vocab I think suits perfectly… the threads are pretty much hijacked by the same people with the same doom and gloom bs   It’s okay to be unsatisfied since we were projected s double bye but when people talk about coaching changes in every thread it takes away the enjoyment about what at least I want to talk about… the game.

2/29/2024 3:35 pm  #45

BluffHunter wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

There is often valuable conversations here but as another commenter pointed out with vocab I think suits perfectly… the threads are pretty much hijacked by the same people with the same doom and gloom bs It’s okay to be unsatisfied since we were projected s double bye but when people talk about coaching changes in every thread it takes away the enjoyment about what at least I want to talk about… the game.

You're right. Probably the least we should expect is that the topic of the threads be respected. It's perfectly fine to start a negative thread and run with it, just don't step on every other thread also.

2/29/2024 4:49 pm  #46

Greetings. Long time reader and first post.  I’m surprised that no one commented on the effective use of the zone.  It was implemented when all the starters were taken out in first half.  It created a couple turnovers and changed the momentum and energy in the building in my opinion.  Only used it for a short period of the game. 

2/29/2024 5:33 pm  #47

dukes77 wrote:

Greetings. Long time reader and first post.  I’m surprised that no one commented on the effective use of the zone.  It was implemented when all the starters were taken out in first half.  It created a couple turnovers and changed the momentum and energy in the building in my opinion.  Only used it for a short period of the game. 

Great point and welcome to the board. It looked like a 3-2 zone that then switched to man after a certain number of passes. I could be wrong, but it looked like the players/bench were counting. I like this team’s ability and Dambrot’s willingness to sprinkle in these new defenses this season.

2/29/2024 6:45 pm  #48

Dae Dae did miss the front end of a 1-1 when La Salle fouled at the end of the game for no reason, but he did break the consecutive free throw record he set earlier this season last night! 46 in a row.

2/29/2024 7:24 pm  #49

BluffHunter wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

There is often valuable conversations here but as another commenter pointed out with vocab I think suits perfectly… the threads are pretty much hijacked by the same people with the same doom and gloom bs It’s okay to be unsatisfied since we were projected s double bye but when people talk about coaching changes in every thread it takes away the enjoyment about what at least I want to talk about… the game.

I might be guilty of posting my view of this coaches short fall, but, if more people posted, it likely would fall in line, so, just to point out that posted comments like you just stated, do not encourage anyone to post, since you do not respect that most people would post, but by the fear of attack  just like you stated. Don't post for fear of being attack by  people that think criticize losing is wrong? This season, for example was predicted to finish in 4th place. Why, because, most of those predictions that the Grad transfers that came in here would actually start, but they never actually were used as front line player, but instead barely get off the bench. But, just think, if those same analysis knew from  the beginning of this season, only KD's regulars were predicted to start, no one would have predicted a 4th place finish. We are allowed to express our frustration in a season that started with so much  promise, and, by my view, this team under-preformed? What, were you really expecting?  Praise.  People don't comment here actually,  because a few here  hijack and defend losing.   

Last edited by NapaDuke (3/01/2024 4:37 pm)

2/29/2024 7:49 pm  #50

NapaDuke wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

I might be guilty of posting my view of this coaches short fall, but, if more people posted, it likely would fall in line, so, just to point out that posted comments like you just stated, do not encourage anyone to post, since you do not respect that most people would post, but by the fear of attack  just like you stated. Don't post for fear of being attack by  people that think criticize losing is wrong? This season, for example was predicted to finish in 4th place. Why, because, most of those predictions that the Grad transfers that came in here would actually start, but they never actually were used as front line player, but instead barely get off the bench. But, just think, if those same analysis knew from  the beginning of this season, only KD's regulars were predicted to start, no one would have predicted a 4th place finish. We are aloud to express our frustration in a season that started with so much  promise, and, by my view, this team under-preformed? What, were you really expecting?  Praise.  People don't comment here actually,  because a few here  hijack and defend losing.   

I have no idea what you just said, but I’m pretty sure you already posted it 15 times

Board footera