Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/29/2024 7:57 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - La Salle University Explorers

BluffHunter wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

There is often valuable conversations here but as another commenter pointed out with vocab I think suits perfectly… the threads are pretty much hijacked by the same people with the same doom and gloom bs It’s okay to be unsatisfied since we were projected s double bye but when people talk about coaching changes in every thread it takes away the enjoyment about what at least I want to talk about… the game.

I might be guilty of posting my view of this coaches short fall, but, if more people posted, it likely would fall in line, so, just to point out that posted comments like you just stated, do not encourage anyone to post, since you do not respect that most people would post, but by the fear of attack  just like you stated. Don't post for fear of being attack by  people that think criticize losing is wrong? This season, for example was predicted to finish in 4th place. Why, because, most of those predictions that the Grad transfers that came in here would actually start, but they never actually were used as front line player, but instead barely get off the bench. But, just think, if those same analysis knew from  the beginning of this season, only KD's regulars were predicted to start, no one would have predicted a 4th place finish. We are aloud to express our frustration in a season that started with so much  promise, and, by my view, this team under-preformed? What, were you really expecting?  Praise.  People don't comment here actually,  because a few here  hijack and defend losing.   

I have no idea what you just said, but I’m pretty sure you already posted it 15 times

I'm sure to most here you just proved my point.

2/29/2024 8:17 pm  #52

NapaDuke wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

I might be guilty of posting my view of this coaches short fall, but, if more people posted, it likely would fall in line, so, just to point out that posted comments like you just stated, do not encourage anyone to post, since you do not respect that most people would post, but by the fear of attack  just like you stated. Don't post for fear of being attack by  people that think criticize losing is wrong? This season, for example was predicted to finish in 4th place. Why, because, most of those predictions that the Grad transfers that came in here would actually start, but they never actually were used as front line player, but instead barely get off the bench. But, just think, if those same analysis knew from  the beginning of this season, only KD's regulars were predicted to start, no one would have predicted a 4th place finish. We are aloud to express our frustration in a season that started with so much  promise, and, by my view, this team under-preformed? What, were you really expecting?  Praise.  People don't comment here actually,  because a few here  hijack and defend losing.   

I have no idea what you just said, but I’m pretty sure you already posted it 15 times

I’m sure “most here” won’t be back because they came for a discussion about the Lasalle game and see the same miserable old man complaining when Duquesne is having more consistent success than they have had in 50 years. This is mid-major basketball. The entire season is about building towards conference tournament run magic. All chemistry and progression leads to a several day period in early march. Since this is a “Duquesne fans” forum I’d prefer the Duquesne fans can discuss games and information in the threads accordingly. You shills can start your own thread called “why doesn’t Hassan play” or “Dambrot Complainers Club” where you can talk in all italics about how Duquesne has had a lot of transfers in the portal era for the 36th time while we root on the Dukes… because it’s March and it’s still possible.

Last edited by BluffHunter (2/29/2024 8:19 pm)

2/29/2024 8:41 pm  #53

BluffHunter wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

BluffHunter wrote:

I’m sure “most here” won’t be back because they came for a discussion about the Lasalle game and see the same miserable old man complaining when Duquesne is having more consistent success than they have had in 50 years. This is mid-major basketball. The entire season is about building towards conference tournament run magic. All chemistry and progression leads to a several day period in early march. Since this is a “Duquesne fans” forum I’d prefer the Duquesne fans can discuss games and information in the threads accordingly. You shills can start your own thread called “why doesn’t Hassan play” or “Dambrot Complainers Club” where you can talk in all italics about how Duquesne has had a lot of transfers in the portal era for the 36th time while we root on the Dukes… because it’s March and it’s still possible.

Funny, but when "Chingachgook hijacked this post praise of the game, you agreed? He started the hijack and you agreed?  Funny.

2/29/2024 9:32 pm  #54

Can't argue with that.  Same old, same old.  Information is what I believe people look for in posts, not opinions from your crazy uncle.  Phoenix, CLK, etc, bring something to the table in the form of info, the other stuff I guess we are forced to tolerate.  Does the crazy uncle ever leave the family get togethers early enough?  Didn't think so.  Ritter's Dinner reincarnation is such a bummer!

2/29/2024 9:45 pm  #55

Prince of Pilsner wrote:

Can't argue with that.  Same old, same old.  Information is what I believe people look for in posts, not opinions from your crazy uncle.  Phoenix, CLK, etc, bring something to the table in the form of info, the other stuff I guess we are forced to tolerate.  Does the crazy uncle ever leave the family get togethers early enough?  Didn't think so.  Ritter's Dinner reincarnation is such a bummer!

I actually went to Ritters diner a couple of months ago in the spirit of this forum. Somehow I had a positive experience! It’s a great diner and it’s a shame it’s not open 24 hours anymore. Also yup… can’t argue with that is a nice way to put it.

2/29/2024 10:12 pm  #56

Here are the points per game, per year, for two players.

Player A
Total Avg 7.3

Player B
Total Avg 5.5

Player A scores more than Player B. Player A plays. The math is mathing 😁

I meant to post my general thoughts after the game yesterday, but I've been crazy busy at work. One thing I've been saying that needs to happen other than great guard play... is the continual uptick in minutes for Dusan. If you watched the game yesterday, it's paying off, and he's still only playing at 80/85% capacity. Clark and Dusan were clicking yesterday, other than one biffed dunk, but I was loving every second. If we have a game where Clark, Dae Dae, Dixon, and Dusan are clicking... I'm not even kidding we could literally beat anyone in the A10. But... we are constantly inconsistent, hence why we need the kids that can score/create to play the most minutes. That being said, I've been one to comment on rotation... this group I like, no need to change anything.

Defensively I thought we really hunkered down in the 2nd. And man I love and hate Clark the same breath some games, but I thought the last game was the most "in control" I've seen him maybe ever. Granted he'll still pop off some crazy @$$ threes now and again, but you take the good and the bad with him. And when he is dialed in he's probably the best defender in the A10.

The usual suspects also made positive contributions contributions throughout the game. Would of liked to see Grant stuff the stat sheet a bit more offensively. But he's doing all the little things when that part of his game is down. Defending, grabbing bounds, that was not part of his game before he came here so I'm actually going give kudos to KD on that front (shocking I know). I know he has NBA aspirations, I hope his arrow keeps pointing up because he's a great kid, and has a great outlook on life and basketball. Maybe he can be our next Mike James...

I'm hoping we can ride the momentum a bit into the GM game. Gotta contain Hall and Maddox...and our blast from the past Amari Kelly is playing some significant minutes for them as well. But Dixon and Dusan will be ready 😁

2/29/2024 10:59 pm  #57

StillatShales wrote:

Here are the points per game, per year, for two players.

Player A
Total Avg 7.3

Player B
Total Avg 5.5

Player A scores more than Player B. Player A plays. The math is mathing 😁

I meant to post my general thoughts after the game yesterday, but I've been crazy busy at work. One thing I've been saying that needs to happen other than great guard play... is the continual uptick in minutes for Dusan. If you watched the game yesterday, it's paying off, and he's still only playing at 80/85% capacity. Clark and Dusan were clicking yesterday, other than one biffed dunk, but I was loving every second. If we have a game where Clark, Dae Dae, Dixon, and Dusan are clicking... I'm not even kidding we could literally beat anyone in the A10. But... we are constantly inconsistent, hence why we need the kids that can score/create to play the most minutes. That being said, I've been one to comment on rotation... this group I like, no need to change anything.

Defensively I thought we really hunkered down in the 2nd. And man I love and hate Clark the same breath some games, but I thought the last game was the most "in control" I've seen him maybe ever. Granted he'll still pop off some crazy @$$ threes now and again, but you take the good and the bad with him. And when he is dialed in he's probably the best defender in the A10.

The usual suspects also made positive contributions contributions throughout the game. Would of liked to see Grant stuff the stat sheet a bit more offensively. But he's doing all the little things when that part of his game is down. Defending, grabbing bounds, that was not part of his game before he came here so I'm actually going give kudos to KD on that front (shocking I know). I know he has NBA aspirations, I hope his arrow keeps pointing up because he's a great kid, and has a great outlook on life and basketball. Maybe he can be our next Mike James...

I'm hoping we can ride the momentum a bit into the GM game. Gotta contain Hall and Maddox...and our blast from the past Amari Kelly is playing some significant minutes for them as well. But Dixon and Dusan will be ready 😁

Nice observation. I think Dusan had his best  game and if we get a win on Sat. it's likely we can finish with 20 wins and some momentum for the A-10 tourney.  

2/29/2024 11:16 pm  #58

I praised Jimmy quite a bit after last night's game. However, I forgot about his 3-4 egregious defensive errors early in the first half. I would estimate these gaffes cost the team 8 points.

He has these off-ball transgressions nearly every game. It is as if he simply ignores the scouting report on great shooters because he somehow knows better. Thus is not KD'S fault in any way.

I bring this up because this lack of discipline & his occasional erratic passing decisions prevent him from being one of the 5 best players in the league. If he could put these things behind him, he could have a very lucrative, long pro career as a two-way terror.

3/01/2024 7:21 am  #59

Hopefully Dambrot practiced against the same type of Defense Fordham used against us. Don’t know if Mason will try the same thing tomorrow. The key to winning will be our guard play.

3/01/2024 9:45 am  #60

Really Like what Dusan brings to the court. Believe his ability to stay on the court is integral to Dukes success moving forward. Hoping he has the opportunity to get some significant minutes here on out. For me, 10-15 minutes is not enough from him even given a defensive lapse now and again. Play Dusan more minutes.

3/01/2024 1:05 pm  #61

Need to pick up a win tomorrow!  Hoping for another good showing and hopefully a good day by Grant and a healthy Dixon.

Go DUKES!

3/01/2024 1:30 pm  #62

FAM wrote:

Hopefully Dambrot practiced against the same type of Defense Fordham used against us. Don’t know if Mason will try the same thing tomorrow. The key to winning will be our guard play.

In terms of playing a clean game and controlling turnovers as they did against LaSalle that is true, but if they extend their defense and chase our guards off the three-point line, some effective pick and rolls by the bigs would discourage that kind of defensive strategy.  When they trap the guards out of a ball screen they are telling you that they don't respect the ability of your bigs to score.  So, guard play is important every game, but if the bigs can score it can change the game.

Board footera