Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/03/2024 4:16 pm  #1

One week left

With a little luck and the Dukes taking care of business, we could actually finish as high as 5th.   Possibly 6th or 7th but most likely 8th. This is a a notion hard to comprehend after the 0-5 start. One of the things I love about the A-10 is how competitive it is - the gap between the A-10 blue bloods and the bottom feeders is so small.  Forget the Ken Pom or NET or RPI, anybody can and will beat anybody at any time.  Looking at everybody’s last 2 games it is impossible to predict who will win and lose.  If we can steal one in Richmond I like our chances of finishing 7th and with some luck 6th.  That will give us a nice Wednesday afternoon game in Brooklyn.

Before the season started, I might have signed up for a 20-11, 10-8 season and that is within our grasp. 19-12 9-9 is by no means a “bad” season, just a little underwhelming.  2 losses down the stretch and one and done in the tourney is unacceptable.  The one thing this team did not do this year is pull off a big win when the odds were against them. There’s still a couple chances left to do that. If somebody can take care of Dayton, I’m not afraid of any other team right now

3/03/2024 4:19 pm  #2

Re: One week left

3/03/2024 5:58 pm  #3

I would pick AC DC😂

3/04/2024 2:38 pm  #4

If everything finish's with no surprises, then DU is 7th with a first round bye, but will very likely face Fordham since they should beat GW in their first game, if  DU wins then we face Loyola, then Richmond (I assume). But Fordham is first and that's good news and bad. First we beat them at home by 9 but lost at Fordham by 10. The coaching staff has enough film from those games to make adjustments. But this is Fordhams backyard and they will have played one game there the night before.  But, if we happen to beat VCU tomorrow, then this all changes.

3/04/2024 8:14 pm  #5

I never thought that the Dukes offense would struggle this much.  In conference games, the Dukes have the 4th best defensive efficiency and are dead last (15th) in offensive efficiency.  Overall, the Dukes are 54th in the country in defensive efficiency.  If only their offense clicked....

3/04/2024 8:20 pm  #6

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

I never thought that the Dukes offense would struggle this much.  In conference games, the Dukes have the 4th best defensive efficiency and are dead last (15th) in offensive efficiency.  Overall, the Dukes are 54th in the country in defensive efficiency.  If only their offense clicked....

That would have surprised all of us pre-season, But, right now, if we are to win, it's inside. I didn't like it all season, but now with Dixon as he progressed and Dusan right now. the inside game can beat everyone if the defense keeps up.

3/04/2024 8:28 pm  #7

NapaDuke sooooo agree. I thought the Dukes this year had a big time 4&5 advantage. Unfortunately, Dusans medical condition slowed his progress. Still believe in his ability with physical limitations. Dixon at the 4 spot has been a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, no support at the 4 or 5. If the Dukes struggle at VCU early in the game give Andre a viable shot. Trust me I have seen enough out of the 4 spot. Zero production except for Dixon. Go Dukes.

3/04/2024 8:43 pm  #8

F. Drame plays at the 4 for at least half his minutes & has been quite effective when doing so. He plays it in a more modern stretch-4 way.

The 5 is a different story. Nobody has owned the position & with 3 games left, nobody will.

Ironduke81 wrote:

NapaDuke sooooo agree. I thought the Dukes this year had a big time 4&5 advantage. Unfortunately, Dusans medical condition slowed his progress. Still believe in his ability with physical limitations. Dixon at the 4 spot has been a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately, no support at the 4 or 5. If the Dukes struggle at VCU early in the game give Andre a viable shot. Trust me I have seen enough out of the 4 spot. Zero production except for Dixon. Go Dukes.

3/05/2024 8:41 am  #9

Phil95 I get your point. I do however view F. Drame as a 3. He has also played well this season. Dukes need to find production of a power forward this week before the A10 Tournament. If not Groundhogs day for Duquesne fans in March. One & done. Cheer for the A10 teams   In the big dance. Wait for Pirates opening day. And countdown the Masters for golf. Big game tonight at VCU. I am going tonight. If they win I may go Stu the legend. 😂

3/05/2024 12:01 pm  #10

LeBron James just made HIS pick known for the new OHIO STATE BBALLCOACH. If he is hired LeBron will donate millions to the program. Wonder if the Duquesne AD is hoping for the same???

3/05/2024 3:13 pm  #11

Great Podcast from The D's on Fire guys with special guest Zac Weiss. There's talk about the women and the men in this week of VCU and the women's tournament. Also some mentions of the board and good points about why it is the way it is. Happy I could listen to this at work today!

It's Time for the D's Fire to Burn the Ships (youtube.com)

3/05/2024 5:20 pm  #12

BluffHunter wrote:

Great Podcast from The D's on Fire guys with special guest Zac Weiss. There's talk about the women and the men in this week of VCU and the women's tournament. Also some mentions of the board and good points about why it is the way it is. Happy I could listen to this at work today!

It's Time for the D's Fire to Burn the Ships (youtube.com)

Thanks for sharing. It was a nice podcast. I wish the guy would have challenged Zac a little on his KD takes though. I know this board may be “hard” on KD, myself included, and aside from the occasional irrational venting some of us do I believe it is fair.  We acknowledge that KD brought us back to the middle but I don’t think it is too much to want more and any discussion of KD needs to include the terrible failures in the A-10 tourney. Duquesne will never be considered a true middle of the road A-10 team until they can experience some success at tourney time.  I like Zac and I’m glad he covers the team. But this isn’t the college newspaper he’s writing for. He needs to challenge KD more on the decisions he makes and ask good follow-up questions when KD obviously avoids the questions.

Board footera