Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

SEE INFORMATION UNDER MEN'S BASKETBALL BELOW:

COACH DRU HAS NOW FILLED ALL OF HIS COACHING POSITIONS

BRONNY JAMES REMAINS IN THE NBA DRAFT

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/30/2013 9:21 am  #1

Next 3 games

All are at home against beatable opponents. A win in our next game would give us our longest winning streak since the 11 game run 3 years ago. We need to become a tough out at home. That would be the next step in becoming a good team. It would be nice to be 9-5, with a 6 game winning streak, going into the St. Joe's game.

12/30/2013 11:22 am  #2

Re: Next 3 games

I totally agree with you but I have a difficult time in the meaning of our wins since they are against teams that are worse than we are with worse records.  We still haven't beaten a team this year that is any good.

12/30/2013 12:24 pm  #3

That is why the next 3 are so important. LaSalle and Fordham aren't world beaters, but they are quite a bit better than what we just played, and are teams that we need to climb over if we hope to rise in the league.

12/30/2013 1:06 pm  #4

I agree with FAM that the team hasn't beaten a quality opponent.  These 3 wins are against teams we should never, ever lose to.

But duq81 is right.  We now have an opportunity to show that progress is being made.  Let's hope they can step up.  A win over App State is a must.  I'll worry about the other 2 when they get here.

12/30/2013 5:39 pm  #5

We shouldn't have lost to New Hampshire. Or Robert Morris.

Just saying.

12/30/2013 9:01 pm  #6

ElDuque wrote:

Just saying.

Well, it would have been nice to be at full strength for those games.

12/31/2013 10:06 am  #7

WVU Penn St Robert Morris & Pitt 0-4 Really full strength can we go back to the shootings & all the what ifs! Sh*t happens in all types of competitive sports. Please enough.

12/31/2013 1:29 pm  #8

duq81 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Just saying.

If you're telling me New Hampshire or Robert Morris wore us out with superior depth, I'm not going to take it well. 

12/31/2013 2:23 pm  #9

ElDuque wrote:

duq81 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

Just saying.

If you're telling me New Hampshire or Robert Morris wore us out with superior depth, I'm not going to take it well. 

Don't you think that a healthy Mason makes a difference? You were calling the loudest for him to play this year. You guys act like you're mad that we won the last three games.

12/31/2013 7:09 pm  #10

duq81 wrote:

ElDuque wrote:

duq81 wrote:

Don't you think that a healthy Mason makes a difference? You were calling the loudest for him to play this year. You guys act like you're mad that we won the last three games.

Didn't answer my question, but OK, I'll respond to yours.

I'm happy that we won. I'd like to keep winning. I'm thrilled that Ferry addressed the poor FT shooting, which has played a big role in the three consecutive wins. But I'm not going to overlook bad losses, and I'm not going to ignore things could could set us back again. 

12/31/2013 8:39 pm  #11

Duq81 much respect for your support of Duquesne I apologize for the rude response.  Unfortunately thanks to our AD the fan base is so so fractured to the point of for or against. This program needs a uniter unfortunately with Amodio it's at an all time low. Again cheap shot via your comment.

1/02/2014 12:42 pm  #12

duq81 wrote:

All are at home against beatable opponents. A win in our next game would give us our longest winning streak since the 11 game run 3 years ago. We need to become a tough out at home. That would be the next step in becoming a good team. It would be nice to be 9-5, with a 6 game winning streak, going into the St. Joe's game.

I agree we need to be tough at home and winning the next three are a must.  I also agree, however, with Iron Duke and El Duque that even short handed we should have beaten New Hampshire and RMU at home.  Enough of Ferry excuses just get it done, that's what a next level coach does.

1/02/2014 4:27 pm  #13

CLK wrote:

that's what a next level coach does.

The Ferry hate is endless. It's like folks blame Ferry for what GA did.

1/02/2014 4:59 pm  #14

duq81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

You are confused. I don't hate Ferry. I want him to win and show signs of being the next level coach he was hired to be as I am sure most on this board do.

Last edited by CLK (1/02/2014 5:12 pm)

1/02/2014 5:42 pm  #15

duq81 wrote:

CLK wrote:

'81, GA referred to Ferry as a "next level" coach and in the process insulted and humiliated Ron Everhart. First, it was not necessary to make that claim about Ferry - just fire Ron and let it go. No need to stick it in further. But obviously Amodio wanted it to hurt more than a simple, humiliating firing. Second, Ferry's D1 record before coming here was about .500, and although he got his team to the "dance", it took him 8 or 9 years in a lesser league. So there are those who might easily question the "next level" label. It's not Ferry hate - it has more to do with Amodio.

Board footera