Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2024 7:27 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - George Washington University Revolutionaries

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

The Dukes will play the winner of the #11 Rhode Island / #14 Saint Louis matchup, as I understand it. Then they would face Dayton with a win.

I hope so, because Fordham or GW isn't a great match up for the Dukes in comparison.

3/09/2024 8:44 pm  #27

3/09/2024 9:55 pm  #28

Thanks, CLK. I’m always appreciative of a Dave Mackall article on the Dukes. He knows basketball, forms relationships with coaches, staff and players and is a good writer. Wish he was going to Brooklyn; doubt if the Trib would ante up.

3/10/2024 7:44 am  #29

phil95 wrote:

I feel like the officials have let a lot more contact go during this A-10 season as compared to the last 6-8 years. I do not watch enough other college basketball to have an opinion on what is happening in other conferences.

It is a LITTLE bit like the old Big East officiating. I  like it for the game in general & this Dukes team specifically. It goes well with the current defensive plan.

I agree totally.  They let a ton of stuff go yesterday and throughout the season and, for the most part it was even.  Except for that darn Dayton game, at Dayton, when, as soon as the Dukes took the lead late in the game, they took it upon themselves to call a foul on 8 straight possessions for the most minor contact that they had been letting go all game and season … 🤔😀

3/10/2024 7:49 am  #30

phil95 wrote:

That was a very hard & glorious to watch game.

Congratulations to coaches & players alike. What a special day for lots of the seniors.

The steal & score sequences that Dae Dae & Jimmy pulled off will stay with me for a long time.

How about the basketball gods show us Dukes fans some mercy by letting the killer defense continue while the offense blossoms next week?

Please post any video you can find on those Grant/Clark steals/dunks.  I was at the game and it was glorious to behold up close but they did not put a replay on the screen that I saw. I’d love to see them again. I canceled my ESPN + subscription and no longer can access any content.

3/10/2024 8:11 am  #31

Styles1229 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Congratulations to coaches & players alike. What a special day for lots of the seniors.

The steal & score sequences that Dae Dae & Jimmy pulled off will stay with me for a long time.

How about the basketball gods show us Dukes fans some mercy by letting the killer defense continue while the offense blossoms next week?

Please post any video you can find on those Grant/Clark steals/dunks.  I was at the game and it was glorious to behold up close but they did not put a replay on the screen that I saw. I’d love to see them again. I canceled my ESPN + subscription and no longer can access any content.

Here is Clark’s. This was fantastic. Loved Grant’s as well. Two winning players making two winning plays.

https://twitter.com/DuqMBB/status/1766567180273873198

3/10/2024 8:18 am  #32

Styles1229 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Clark’s steal and dunk (BTW, the last FG in the game for the Dukes with 3:23 left)
https://x.com/imjackonthecall/status/1766572799261323288

Clark getting fouled with 2.9 seconds left:
https://x.com/hoopsnut351/status/1766569317607551165

Dae Dae’s floor diving effort:

https://x.com/duqmbb/status/1766560208816406750

3/10/2024 8:31 am  #33

Thanks for posting these, Phoenix.

3/10/2024 11:14 am  #34

CityDuke wrote:

Styles1229 wrote:

phil95 wrote:

Here is Clark’s. This was fantastic. Loved Grant’s as well. Two winning players making two winning plays.

https://twitter.com/DuqMBB/status/1766567180273873198

Thanks. It was as a great day at the Coop.  Jimmy was so impressive.  I think going head to head with Bishop really got him going.  Trey W played great and Rozier provided exactly what the team needed from him.

Board footera