Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/09/2024 7:21 pm  #1

Atlantic 10 Tournament

The Dukes have clinched the #6 seed with a 10-8 record.

The Dukes will play their first game on Wednesday March 13th at 7:30pm, televised nationally on the USA Network.

The Dukes will play the winner of the #11 seed Rhode Island vs. #14 Saint Louis. That game will be played on Tuesday March 12th at 4:30pm, streamed on ESPN+.

With a win on Wednesday, the Dukes will advance to play #3 seed Dayton on Thursday March 14th at 7:30pm.

3/09/2024 7:31 pm  #2

Re: Atlantic 10 Tournament

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

The Dukes have clinched the #6 seed with a 10-8 record.

The Dukes will play their first game on Wednesday March 13th at 7:30pm, televised nationally on the USA Network.

The Dukes will play the winner of the #11 seed Rhode Island vs. #14 Saint Louis. That game will be played on Tuesday March 12th at 4:30pm, streamed on ESPN+.

With a win on Wednesday, the Dukes will advance to play #3 seed Dayton on Thursday March 14th at 7:30pm.

I just checked that. You are right. Great, that's better then Fordam in their back yard or GW which we had a arm load of trouble with.

3/09/2024 7:44 pm  #3

[url=https://twitter.com/RoccoMiller8/status/1766623205350101151/photo/1]Rocco Miller (@RoccoMiller8) / X (twitter.com)

[/url]

3/10/2024 1:59 pm  #4

Looking at the chances of who we could face, Dayton, most likely, then St. B. faces Loyola and we could get St.B. as the second game if they beat Loyola. Not out of the question. Then VCU could win over Richmond,(or not) so this tourney is going to be interesting, especially, if we get past Dayton. To me, get past Dayton and our odds get pretty good.

3/10/2024 3:09 pm  #5

3/10/2024 5:18 pm  #6

Here are the anticipated lines on the first four A10 games:
Saint Louis by 1 over URI
La Salle by 1 over GW
Davidson by 5 over Fordham
Saint Joseph's - George Mason - Pick 'em

3/10/2024 6:37 pm  #7

Don’t count chickens before they are hatched…

3/10/2024 8:26 pm  #8

Totally agree FAM!  Considering the Dukes record in this Tournament over the years, I’m shocked that anyone following this team would  assume a first game victory!

3/10/2024 8:47 pm  #9

Last year's utter embarrassment against an undermanned and inferior LaSalle team ended me ever having any hope in favorable matches in the A 10 tournament.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/11/2024 1:14 pm  #10

The Dukes are projected by some to make the NIT as one of the last 4 in.  Play well in the tourney.
https://www.dratings.com/predictor/bracketology/

Last edited by coffee (3/11/2024 1:16 pm)

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/11/2024 2:03 pm  #11

We got the best starting times for the first two games. 7pm is great for viewing.

3/11/2024 4:37 pm  #12

coffee wrote:

The Dukes are projected by some to make the NIT as one of the last 4 in. Play well in the tourney.

Dayton is a 7 seed. yet no other A10 team can make it, 2 of which are 23-8 right now?   Thats pathetic, for the tourney.   i think LoC gets in, people want to see Sister Jean.   If they make the A10 finals, 25-9, cmon!

3/11/2024 5:34 pm  #13

townsonkid wrote:

coffee wrote:

The Dukes are projected by some to make the NIT as one of the last 4 in. Play well in the tourney.

Dayton is a 7 seed. yet no other A10 team can make it, 2 of which are 23-8 right now?   Thats pathetic, for the tourney.   i think LoC gets in, people want to see Sister Jean.   If they make the A10 finals, 25-9, cmon!

The A-10 has carried the very low Dukes too long. Ferry and KD didn't make us an asset to the A-10,, but just the opposite. Ferry and KD in 12 years have beat no one.When we won the first "A-10" (the eastern-8) we really beat nation wide teams. Even now, if we win the A-10? they are not as respected as that first year? And sadly, KD's team isn't coming close?  KD was a bust from the start. Actually Dru is a hidden gem and should get a chance this next year. If DU lets KD in one more year, we are destine to never win. I mean KD? one more year here is a  failure.

Last edited by NapaDuke (3/12/2024 4:37 am)

3/11/2024 5:39 pm  #14

townsonkid wrote:

coffee wrote:

Dayton is a lock for the NCAA Tournament; their NET Ranking is 21.  The only way another Atlantic 10 team will get to the NCAA is if they win the A10 Tournament.  Period.
Here are the current A10 NET rankings after Dayton:
71 - Richmond
76 - VCU
82 - St. Bonaventure
83 - UMass
84 - Loyola Chicago
85 - George Mason
97 - St. Joes
98 - Duquesne
Sister Jean carries no weight.  

3/11/2024 6:09 pm  #15

NapaDuke wrote:

The A-10 has carried the very low Dukes too long. Ferry and KD didn't make us an asset to the A-10,, but just the opposite. Ferry and KD in 12 years have beat no one.When we won the first "A-10" (the eastern-8) we really beat nation wide teams. Even now, if we win the A-10? they are not as respected as that first year? And sadly, KD's team isn't coming close?  KD was a bust from the start. Actually Dru is a hidden gem and should get a chance this next year. If DU lets KD in one more year, we are destine to never win. I mean KD??? one more year here is a gigantic failure.

Man, you’re like a constant downer, huh?

3/11/2024 6:42 pm  #16

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

coffee wrote:

Dayton is a lock for the NCAA Tournament; their NET Ranking is 21.  The only way another Atlantic 10 team will get to the NCAA is if they win the A10 Tournament.  Period.
71 - Richmond
76 - VCU
82 - St. Bonaventure
83 - UMass
84 - Loyola Chicago
85 - George Mason
97 - St. Joes
98 - Duquesne

This is a very good post. Thank you. Especially Sister Jean. Some people here really know BB.

3/11/2024 6:43 pm  #17

Face wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

The A-10 has carried the very low Dukes too long. Ferry and KD didn't make us an asset to the A-10,, but just the opposite. Ferry and KD in 12 years have beat no one.When we won the first "A-10" (the eastern-8) we really beat nation wide teams. Even now, if we win the A-10? they are not as respected as that first year? And sadly, KD's team isn't coming close?  KD was a bust from the start. Actually Dru is a hidden gem and should get a chance this next year. If DU lets KD in one more year, we are destine to never win. I mean KD??? one more year here is a gigantic failure.

Four game win streak at crunch time has him in the dumps.

3/11/2024 6:44 pm  #18

For what it is worth, the current ESPN Bracketology has Richmond in as an at-large selection. I would think they would need to make the A-10 final to get that kind of bid. Losing to Mason over the weekend had to have made things much harder for them.

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

townsonkid wrote:

coffee wrote:

71 - Richmond
76 - VCU
82 - St. Bonaventure
83 - UMass
84 - Loyola Chicago
85 - George Mason
97 - St. Joes
98 - Duquesne

3/11/2024 6:50 pm  #19

MikeR wrote:

Face wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

3/11/2024 6:53 pm  #20

NapaDuke really. The guys wife has breast cancer. Whatever happens God bless the Dambrot family. Let it go. Whatever happens in this tournament not a hater. 

3/11/2024 7:17 pm  #21

MikeR wrote:

Face wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

LOL!

3/11/2024 10:24 pm  #22

Ironduke81 wrote:

NapaDuke really. The guys wife has breast cancer. Whatever happens God bless the Dambrot family. Let it go. Whatever happens in this tournament not a hater. 

Your right. His wife has cancer and he won't retire. I hope he wins here. All of it. But if it were my wife I would retire. I'd put my wife first and say so. I was at that last game cheering the team on more than anyone and for the last 50 years. Let's win on Wed. Then let's get past Dayton. Then, let's see. Again, I'm all for a miracle. I really hope the best for KD's wife. I'm all for KD winning it all. 

3/12/2024 1:05 am  #23

I don't want to pile on here, but I have to nitpick something. Here's the stat line of a 5 game stretch for player X.

26 mins / 1-4 / 5 Pts
Not counting Cleary as a real game, but 6 Pts against. St Alawishes of the blind
16 mins / 1-3 FG / 2 Pts
27 mins / 1-3 FG / 2 Pts
10 mins / 0-2 FG / 0 Pts

That's a average of whooping 3 pts a game, and trending downward into and during A10 play. So this player... is the key... to KD winning. We alllll missed it and it was right in front of our noses. KD saw SavraSOFT once the competition got tougher, is like a bull in a china shop with the ball in his hands. And reduced his minutes accordingly, for which I give him credit.

Can he get some bounds now and again, sure. But on a team that is in third to last in offense in the A10, we need dudes in there that can ball, have some handles, and can score. All the sudden giving him 15+ minutes out of nowhere is going to win us the A10 tournament?

I will give him this... in the 3 mins he was in vs GW. He did some things... but it was GW 😁 0 - 5 mins tops is what he deserves.

Can we just have a thread named "Savrasov is the Man!" and then all the posts about him can go there instead of trickling into all the others. While we're at it we can start one named "Rozier's Playing Time", granted... that's a whole other ball of wax for another day. But he did have a couple nice threes the last game.

3/12/2024 8:10 am  #24

There are a lot of people on this Board who I respect, and over the course of many years have come to consider friends even though I never met them in person.  Kindred spirts united by our passion for Duquesne basketball and our time spent at Duquesne.  However, I have to be honest there are times when things are said here that makes me ashamed of being associated with this Board and makes me want to pull the plug on this Board.  I am not going to do that, out of respect those posters who I call friends but that is how I feel.  I would just remind some folks of the Golden Rule.  Please.

3/12/2024 8:15 am  #25

Board footera