Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/12/2024 8:31 pm  #51

Re: Atlantic 10 Tournament

These are the last 2 seasons:

2021-22
Yielded 6 wins in the coach's 5th season after he declared this team to be his most talented group at DU

2022-23
Easiest conference schedule of any A-10 team because of how bad they were the year before, weakest year for the conference in at least a decade, extremely weak non-conference schedule, & folded like a house of cards down the stretch losing 5 of the last 7 in year 6 including embarrassing loses in both the A-10 Tournament & the pay-to-play CBI

(Do you realize how terrible you have to have been to have such a huge year to year turnaround & still lose 13 games?)

ZERO CHANCE OF AN NIT OR NCAA BID IN EITHER SEASON!

2023-24 is the current season.

I have no issue with you wanting to keep the coach. You are entitled to your own preference. I just want you to admit that 7 seasons in the coach has not put so much as an NIT worthy team on the floor.

(And don't tell me that 2019-20 was going to be that year. After choking against Richmond, the Dukes would have needed to win at least 2 if not 3 conference tournament games to make that happen & this coach has demonstrated no ability to win in that event.)

CityDuke wrote:

"I submit that the previous 2 seasons tell us all we need to know about the chances that KD is capable of leading the program to a higher level of success."

Based on the tone of the post, I am going to assume that you aren't referring to one of the biggest turnarounds in the country from 6 wins to 20 and back to back 20 win seasons for the first time in 50 years?  These two years tell me exactly why Dambrot is capable of getting us there. 

3/12/2024 8:33 pm  #52

Off topic a bit: Charleston (27-7) won CAA regular season, and tourney over Stony Brook (20-15).

3/12/2024 8:40 pm  #53

I watched the last 10 minutes of URI vs. St. Louis. 2 things stuck out for me.

The refs seemed to be letting a bunch of contact go uncalled. I think this works in the Dukes favor.

St. Louis is running a short bench. Jimerson & Hargrove played big minutes today. Maybe the Dukes will face  an opponent with dead legs tomorrow.

3/12/2024 8:48 pm  #54

phil95 wrote:

I watched the last 10 minutes of URI vs. St. Louis. 2 things stuck out for me.

The refs seemed to be letting a bunch of contact go uncalled. I think this works in the Dukes favor.

St. Louis is running a short bench. Jimerson & Hargrove played big minutes today. Maybe the Dukes will face an opponent with dead legs tomorrow.

Always interesting with these bye games - you have the Dukes with the possibility of 1st game jitters and Saint Louis with the possibility of dead legs.  I'm glad that it was a hard fought game and that Jimerson played 39 minutes and Hargrave played 36,  The Dukes did a great job in the first matchup shutting Jimerson down; I anticipate that the Dukes will focus on doing the same tomorrow.

3/12/2024 8:50 pm  #55

MikeR wrote:

Off topic a bit: Charleston (27-7) won CAA regular season, and tourney over Stony Brook (20-15).

Well, the Dukes beat both of those teams this year.  Nice!

3/12/2024 9:26 pm  #56

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Dukes will face the Saint Louis Billikens tomorrow.

Need to get in Jimerson's grill again.   He put up big numbers tonight.   I assume they will game plan Grant different this game.

3/12/2024 9:45 pm  #57

townsonkid wrote:

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

Dukes will face the Saint Louis Billikens tomorrow.

Need to get in Jimerson's grill again.   He put up big numbers tonight.   I assume they will game plan Grant different this game.

Neither team hit ft's today. Both teams pushed the pace and St.L. runs a short bench.  The Dukes play solid D and  should have the advantage. Let's win this one.

3/13/2024 9:24 am  #59

All of the remaining games are on USA and CBS(final game), correct?   I can cancel my espn+

3/13/2024 12:57 pm  #60

I believe that there is a huge amount of frustration on the part of so many of the "oldsters" on this board, including me ('69) that it has a negative impact on many of our posts. The "youngsters" on the board could not possibly understand. Only those who have been following the Dukes for 40 or 50 plus years. All most of us want to see is an NCAA appearance before we leave this world. KD is a good basketball coach. I know this to be true. But we have not reached the promise land. Still wandering in the desert albeit getting closer.
Will it be this year? Truly hoping so. Not impossible for sure. Need to play our best basketball on both ends of the court. It can be done. GO DUKES!!!

3/13/2024 12:58 pm  #61

townsonkid wrote:

All of the remaining games are on USA and CBS(final game), correct?   I can cancel my espn+

Thanks for the cancellation reminder.
It's probably too much to expect that next season ESPN+ will reach at least a bit of reliability.

Last edited by applecorps (3/13/2024 12:59 pm)

3/13/2024 4:42 pm  #62

I have "only" been a serious Dukes fan for 32 years so I can't possibly understand?  C'mon get real. 

El Presidente wrote:

I believe that there is a huge amount of frustration on the part of so many of the "oldsters" on this board, including me ('69) that it has a negative impact on many of our posts. The "youngsters" on the board could not possibly understand. Only those who have been following the Dukes for 40 or 50 plus years. All most of us want to see is an NCAA appearance before we leave this world. KD is a good basketball coach. I know this to be true. But we have not reached the promise land. Still wandering in the desert albeit getting closer.
Will it be this year? Truly hoping so. Not impossible for sure. Need to play our best basketball on both ends of the court. It can be done. GO DUKES!!!

3/13/2024 5:06 pm  #63

Some folks are fake Duquesne fans from the Cowards Lair,the school 2 miles away that lacks the stones to compete against our beloved Bluffites. Pathetic.

3/13/2024 9:48 pm  #64

MikeR wrote:

Face wrote:

NapaDuke wrote:

The A-10 has carried the very low Dukes too long. Ferry and KD didn't make us an asset to the A-10,, but just the opposite. Ferry and KD in 12 years have beat no one.When we won the first "A-10" (the eastern-8) we really beat nation wide teams. Even now, if we win the A-10? they are not as respected as that first year? And sadly, KD's team isn't coming close?  KD was a bust from the start. Actually Dru is a hidden gem and should get a chance this next year. If DU lets KD in one more year, we are destine to never win. I mean KD??? one more year here is a gigantic failure.

Man, you’re like a constant downer, huh?

Four game win streak at crunch time has him in the dumps.

WTF???  Back to back 20 win seasons a bust???
You’d be miserable with the best coach we’ve had in generations.

COFFEE
http://duquesnesports.blogspot.com/
Attitude is everything

3/14/2024 1:37 pm  #65

Add Richmond to the likely NIT field after losing to Saint Joseph’s today. They should regret cutting down the nets after clinching the A10 regular season co-championship.

3/14/2024 1:49 pm  #66

Thats a tough loss for the conference.   They may have had a legit shot at NCAAs had they made it to the weekend in Brooklyn.   VCU with Shulga back at it could be a tough out this weekend.

3/14/2024 2:44 pm  #67

These games in Brooklyn have been insane so far. Pretty much every game has gone down to the final second

3/14/2024 3:15 pm  #68

VCU vs St Joes Saturday game 1.
? vs ? game 2.    

3/14/2024 6:20 pm  #69

Ugh! Overtime. Heading out to my local bar trivia match and watching Loyola let the Bonnies back into the game!  Setting the DVR to record in 15 minutes.  Last think I want is.........................OVERTIME! 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/14/2024 6:27 pm  #70

BluffHunter wrote:

These games in Brooklyn have been insane so far. Pretty much every game has gone down to the final second

According to the SBU/LU announcers all but Dukes/SLU and one other game were within 3 points with 30 seconds to play. 

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/14/2024 6:43 pm  #71

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Ugh! Overtime. Heading out to my local bar trivia match and watching Loyola let the Bonnies back into the game!  Setting the DVR to record in 15 minutes.  Last think I want is.........................OVERTIME! 

I can appreciate your personal reasons for not wanting it, but I’ll go the other way. Im hoping for a repeat of the Syracuse-UConn Big East tournament game that went 7 OTs. Let whoever comes out of it have tired legs against us tomorrow if we’re able to beat Dayton.

3/14/2024 6:46 pm  #72

That game was the night RE's Dukes won their way into the A-10 final.

luckymcd wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

I can appreciate your personal reasons for not wanting it, but I’ll go the other way. Im hoping for a repeat of the Syracuse-UConn Big East tournament game that went 7 OTs. Let whoever comes out of it have tired legs against us tomorrow if we’re able to beat Dayton.

3/14/2024 10:55 pm  #73

Screw The Ncaa And Their Net Rankings. Blufffites Control Their Own Destiny.

3/14/2024 11:17 pm  #74

luckymcd wrote:

Tejas_Duke wrote:

I thought that too, but remember they don't play Friday and play Saturday, so they get a breather.

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/15/2024 7:26 pm  #75

Today's Presser. It takes a couple of minutes to start.

https://www.youtube.com/live/4e3T9EUB5gs?feature=shared

Board footera