Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2024 8:42 pm  #26

Re: Game Thread - Saint Louis University Billikens (A10 Tourney)

Nice win. Played deep off the bench. Nice rotation of players. Let's win against Dayton.

3/13/2024 8:43 pm  #27

StillatShales wrote:

Clean up the FTs tommorow, and if we play like this, we can beat Dayton. And I hope the refs don't call everything and let them play.

Let them play and the Dukes can win.

3/13/2024 8:49 pm  #28

Williams and Mahorcic look locked in lately. Would feed them often and early tomorrow night to get Holmes in foul trouble if they actually cal them. Dixon and Drame can clean up any missed shots. Guarding the three and hitting threes will be key as well, but i'd drive and feed the post to open up shots for the guards. Hronsky could be the difference. Dukes have options and a chance.

Last edited by Rayrich (3/13/2024 8:50 pm)

3/13/2024 8:58 pm  #29

50% shooting from the field. 46% from 3. Season high 22 assists on only 5 turnovers. Aside from the free throws, an absolutely stellar offensive performance. How about Hronsky! Man, he is talented.

Certainly not our best defensive performance, but credit to them they made some tough ones. And knocked down their free throws as well. For a game in which we led over 39 minutes, boy was I nervous!

3/13/2024 9:02 pm  #30

Go Bluffites!!!!!!!put Up Your Dukes And Smash Dayton.

3/13/2024 9:03 pm  #31

This Dukes team can beat that Dayton team tomorrow.

3/13/2024 9:05 pm  #32

Rayrich wrote:

Williams and Mahorcic look locked in lately. Would feed them often and early tomorrow night to get Holmes in foul trouble if they actually cal them. Dixon and Drame can clean up any missed shots. Guarding the three and hitting threes will be key as well, but i'd drive and feed the post to open up shots for the guards. Hronsky could be the difference. Dukes have options and a chance.

Agree Tre and Dusan did great. Driving on Holmes and get him in foul trouble early would change the game. I like the 7:30 pm time slot too. It gives the Dukes some time to prepare.

3/13/2024 9:12 pm  #33

stew wrote:

Go Bluffites!!!!!!!put Up Your Dukes And Smash Dayton.

A couple quick left jabs, a right hook and right uppercut and the Dukes are moving on. Our time.

3/13/2024 9:15 pm  #34

Travis Ford is out as head coach at St. Louis

3/13/2024 9:16 pm  #35

NapaDuke wrote:

Rayrich wrote:

Agree Tre and Dusan did great. Driving on Holmes and get him in foul trouble early would change the game. I like the 7:30 pm time slot too. It gives the Dukes some time to prepare.

Like the time slot as well. Lot of options offensively for the Dukes that I think opponents aren't aware of. Hronsky, Dimichelle, and Drame three point shooting could be huge. 

3/13/2024 9:29 pm  #36

I’m glad we were tested; it was a nice response a couple of times when the Billikens cut the lead to 4. Got some, if not all, of the nerves out.

3/13/2024 9:39 pm  #37

We are due to upset Dayton. Let's make it happen Dukes!

3/13/2024 9:45 pm  #38

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

I’m glad we were tested; it was a nice response a couple of times when the Billikens cut the lead to 4. Got some, if not all, of the nerves out.

Always good to get the nerves out in a round one win.  

3/13/2024 9:49 pm  #39

Tony84 wrote:

We are due to upset Dayton. Let's make it happen Dukes!

Had em on the ropes up by four with 6 minutes left on the road before the Dukes collapsed, but you learn hopefully. Hard to beat a good team three times in one season. It's our time.

3/13/2024 9:58 pm  #40

Due to a variety of issues, this was the first Duquesne game I got to watch all the way through.
Glad I didn't jinx by watching tonight!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/13/2024 10:00 pm  #41

CityDuke wrote:

50% shooting from the field. 46% from 3. Season high 22 assists on only 5 turnovers. Aside from the free throws, an absolutely stellar offensive performance. How about Hronsky! Man, he is talented.

Certainly not our best defensive performance, but credit to them they made some tough ones. And knocked down their free throws as well. For a game in which we led over 39 minutes, boy was I nervous!

This was probably the first A-10 conference tourney game I wasn't nervous watching. Probably thinking if they can't beat this team they wouldn't have had a chance against any of the others anyway. That being said I do think they have a great shot tomorrow and that I will be nervous come gametime because the Dukes have a legitimate shot.

Last edited by Rayrich (3/13/2024 10:02 pm)

3/13/2024 10:03 pm  #42

Tejas_Duke wrote:

Due to a variety of issues, this was the first Duquesne game I got to watch all the way through.
Glad I didn't jinx by watching tonight!

Keep it going. Watch full through tomorrow night. Need all the good kharma coming our way.

3/13/2024 10:07 pm  #43

Loved what Williams and Mahorcic brought tonight.  DiMichele’s defense was nice.   
Gotta clean up FTs.   Dixon & Grant did make theirs down the stretch at least. 
Nothing to lose tomorrow.   So win!

https://youtu.be/WXqnhMMRmZk?si=pIJdxatht1dxMQHr

3/13/2024 10:48 pm  #44

townsonkid... I'm slightly ashamed to admit it but that video got me emotional and fired up at the same time. Yes, that is a classic Rocky scene, with that victory track in the background that gets most humans blood pumping. But there's levels to your post... and you might not have even realized it.

Imagine KD by his wifes bedside, who just had surgery to remove her breast cancer... and she turns to him and says "Get on that flight Keith, I'll be here when you get back from RI..."

Idk what will happen tommorow, but this coach, these kids, this fan base... deserves something to cheer about. At this very moment, I don't care about anything before yesterday. I don't care about the last 7 years, the past 20, even the past 47... the storybook ending is right in front of us, we just have to finish writing it. WIN... WIN

3/13/2024 10:56 pm  #45

3/14/2024 8:03 am  #46

Interesting commentary about coach missing significant practice time during the conference season turnaround being reinforced by KD's own discussion of his assistants' changing contributions. Maybe thus is a winning formula of some kind.

PhoenixRising2 wrote:

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2024/03/13/duquesne-coach-keith-dambrot-has-good-luck-charm-in-brooklyn/

Post game video and game story from PSN’s Alan Saunders.

3/14/2024 8:36 am  #47

3/14/2024 10:04 am  #48

What's up with St. Louis?  Fired coach Travis Ford after seven years winning an A-10 conference playoff game and a 150-100 win-loss record.  Too bad for Chas Thomas!  

3/14/2024 10:06 am  #49

I was thinking more of us fans are Adrian, Creed is Dayton, Rocky is Jimmy Clark/the team, and of course Micky is KD.    :-)
But I have loved that clip since I was a kid.   Always got me motivated/fired up.

StillatShales wrote:

townsonkid... I'm slightly ashamed to admit it but that video got me emotional and fired up at the same time. Yes, that is a classic Rocky scene, with that victory track in the background that gets most humans blood pumping. But there's levels to your post... and you might not have even realized it.

Imagine KD by his wifes bedside, who just had surgery to remove her breast cancer... and she turns to him and says "Get on that flight Keith, I'll be here when you get back from RI..."

Idk what will happen tommorow, but this coach, these kids, this fan base... deserves something to cheer about. At this very moment, I don't care about anything before yesterday. I don't care about the last 7 years, the past 20, even the past 47... the storybook ending is right in front of us, we just have to finish writing it. WIN... WIN

Last edited by townsonkid (3/14/2024 10:08 am)

Board footera