Welcome to SHOO-SHOO, RAH-RAH! The Duquesne Dukes Basketball Fan Message Board!
One of America's Great Message Boards - Any Inappropriate Posts Will Be Deleted!

duke-passing

CONGRATULATIONS COACH DRU JOYCE III

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/14/2024 10:14 pm  #51

Re: Game Thread - University of Dayton Flyers (A10 Tourney)

MikeR wrote:

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

One of the great all time wins. I almost can’t believe it. Let’s keep the faith. I’ll be at the Van Brahm if anybody asks🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Do any cops still come in there, pick up an overcoat at the door, and then sit at the bar?

Sadly, the old Lutz Hotel is but a parking lot today.

3/14/2024 10:21 pm  #52

LETS GO!!!!!! It’s wide open now!!!

3/14/2024 10:22 pm  #53

Biggest win in a long, long time.  Happy for KD and the kids.  Good for program, and just a stellar performance.  Agree about some of the foul calls, they gave Holmes a few that didn't happen on Dixon.  Let's enjoy this, Saturday against Schmidt will be tough, need the D to stay on their shooters, no surprises with either team at this point.  Met a younger guy Dukes fan/alum at Brush Creek dive bar in Warrendale - shout out to you buddy!!

3/14/2024 10:23 pm  #54

I don't even know what to write... that was amazing guys. I'm like crying over here with joy. I punched my couch so hard I pulled my back lol.

Jimmy is completely feeling it right now from all aspects. That stepback... Dae Dae came through at the end. Jake with his usual Jakeness, that scoop is working for him, and what a huge 3 from him too. Only thing I didn't like were some of the misses from Williams and Dusan underneath... but who gives a hoot at this point, we'll clean that up. I hope Williams is ok though, he was banged up a lot tonight. Dixon plays most of the night, we might of won it by the 5 minute mark. Some of those fouls were... sus.

Team effort for sure though, Necas with some great minutes as well, he might be special... he has the body and skill set to be scary good. He just needs to believe it. He hit a big 3, and great block at the end.

There only one fan base I hate as much a Dayton... and that's the Bonnies. Let's send them back to Olean empty handed. We can do this guys! I think the nightly sports call said this goes down as one of the biggest games in our program. idk where it ranks but biggest in last 40 right? Other than our Ajax run in the early 2000s I haven't felt this excited in a while. and... Pitt now looks even more foolish not playing us. Good to hear from the legend Pomp himself. We're deep, battle tested, let's WIN.

Last edited by StillatShales (3/14/2024 10:25 pm)

3/14/2024 10:25 pm  #55

There building high end condos on the the VB land.  I’m moving in just after I pass.  Does this make up for losing to Georgia Tech in 70?

3/14/2024 10:26 pm  #56

Probably the most impressive thing about tonight was we won without any other worldly or even beastly performances.  We just beat them. And don’t let anyone say Dayton was “off”. The Dukes made them “off.”  Jake was a beauty tonight. So calm, cool, and collected.  I’ve never seen that kid even smile. Plays like a 5th year senior. Jimmy hitting that late 3 was so stone cold killer. Trey with the big block/held ball.  Then Jacob’s!   I could go on and on. Everybody contributed. One last thing though. And this is coming from a big critic of KD. WHAT A GAME PLAN.  He didn’t double Holmes and that didn’t free up their shooters. It was a bold strategy. And it worked. They had a few wide open looks but we played them tight on the perimeter and they were never able to shoot themselves into a big lead.  I’ll say it:  KD out coached Grant tonight. I’m proud of him.  And seeing him on the bench enjoying the game with the players?  Who WAS that guy?  Just loved every bit of tonight.  That is all for now

3/14/2024 10:43 pm  #57

22 victories,you gotta go back to 1961-62 when Dukes went 22-7.Congratulations Duquesne,so happy to beat Dayto. We are a good team and I want to get drunk.

3/14/2024 10:45 pm  #58

Wheres the dickless lawyer with the snide comments after each loss?

3/14/2024 10:57 pm  #59

Just got my flights & hotel!

That was WONDERFUL!!!!!

3/14/2024 11:27 pm  #60

Wow! they overcame the usual mistakes that usually tank them in big games.  At one point in the second half, what did they miss something like eight shots within three feet?  They stayed poised and didn't get rattled, and they held Dayton tight after the Flyers finally went ahead.  I think they were stuck on that one point Dayton lead for over four minutes!  Clutch shooting and defense at the end!

Let's go Dukes!

Vicimus Atlanticum decem

3/15/2024 12:56 am  #61

What a performance tonight from the whole team. So many guys stepped up with Clark and Grant starting slow. We were in control the whole game, and did an unbelievable job slowing down Holmes in the first half. Necas played big minutes, and the step back from Clark to seal it was amazing.

Thoroughly deserved to win and couldn’t be happier for the team. Dambrot has done extremely well down the stretch and I think some forget just how poor of a situation he inherited. Back to back 20 win seasons, a now historic team and season and just knocked off a ranked tourney team and we couldn’t look more in stride right now. We have beaten all 3 of the remaining teams, time to finish strong and make a real run at the dance. I was a freshman in 2010 and have followed the program closely since then, best run in my time as a fan, so excited for all the fans and players and staff.

I will be in Vegas Saturday and Sunday. I’ll be enjoying a cigar in a sports book hopefully watching us knock off the Bonnies and heading to the finals!

3/15/2024 6:01 am  #62

Congratulations!  A couple more wins please. Gonna be hard to beat a team 3 times but we can do it. It will come down to mental toughness and fewer mistakes. Go Dukes!

3/15/2024 7:46 am  #63

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

One of the great all time wins. I almost can’t believe it. Let’s keep the faith. I’ll be at the Van Brahm if anybody asks🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Dusted off the old login in just to celebrate with all of you - infrequent poster, big reader. What a win! 

Quoting this message because I'm assuming you lived on Van Braam? - I lived at 42 (the pink house) my junior and some of senior year. Back then at certain points of the weekend (and lets be honest, many weekdays) I started referring to myself as Jean Claude Van Braam...those were the days. That house was legendary.

3/15/2024 8:56 am  #64

I am so happy for, and proud of, this coach and players. This team is on fire. Look at what this team has accomplished after starting 0-5 in the League. That shows great character, determination, and dedication. Two more guys 🏆 GO DUKES 💪

https://twitter.com/PghSportsNow/status/1768588869635571850?t=R3rxgKq1MFZBFMTA5-O8KA&s=19

3/15/2024 9:24 am  #65

PistolPete wrote:

Biggest win in a long, long time.  Happy for KD and the kids.  Good for program, and just a stellar performance.  Agree about some of the foul calls, they gave Holmes a few that didn't happen on Dixon.  Let's enjoy this, Saturday against Schmidt will be tough, need the D to stay on their shooters, no surprises with either team at this point.  Met a younger guy Dukes fan/alum at Brush Creek dive bar in Warrendale - shout out to you buddy!!

Pistol - it was great meeting you at Brush Creek and talking Duquesne Hoops last Saturday!  Always great to talk Duquesne Hoops!  Hopefully we run into each other again soon!

I cannot describe the feelings after last night.  Just amazing.  Everyone is just playing their role so well.  The emotions and everything has been amazing to follow this tournament.  

3/15/2024 9:36 am  #66

3/15/2024 10:26 am  #67

I know we all disagree at times about most things related to Dukes hoops. But there is one thing I think we can ALL agree on - NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY THE DUKES RIGHT NOW.  NOBODY

3/15/2024 11:12 am  #68

Clk You Are Just The Best. Loved Ray Goss Description.thank You So Much

3/15/2024 11:28 am  #69

CBS SPORTS has the Bonnie’s rated as 82 in the country and we are rated 89. The Bonnie fans are positive that they will beat us this 3rd time.

3/15/2024 11:46 am  #70

Last night wont hurt us in recruiting this offseason.   
Bonnies will be tough, will probably be at least a 38 minute game.   Need big Dave to not get those reach in fouls, he should be fresh as a daisy tomorrow.   He should be ok vs Venning, and Mahrocic can handle him as well.   Really hope Williams can go, for his defense and effort.   Then its our guards vs theirs, and thats a great matchup to watch.   

But today, I'm just still thinking about last night.   

3/15/2024 11:47 am  #71

Ifky 07 wrote:

Mike Ignelsi wrote:

Dusted off the old login in just to celebrate with all of you - infrequent poster, big reader. What a win! 
Quoting this message because I'm assuming you lived on Van Braam? - I lived at 42 (the pink house) my junior and some of senior year. Back then at certain points of the weekend (and let’s be honest, many weekdays) I started referring to myself as Jean Claude Van Braam...those were the days. That house was legendary.

I didn’t live on Van Braam.  I lived IN the Van Braam.  From Micky Davis to Norman being the first to touch the ceiling with both hands!

3/15/2024 11:50 am  #72

3/15/2024 11:55 am  #73

22 Wins Ties Most Wins Since 1961-62 Season ,willie Somerset,clyde Arnold,mike Rice,paul Benec, Dennis Cuff.head Coach John Red Manning.
Mossie Is Smiling Down Onthe Dukes

3/15/2024 12:01 pm  #74

Whio Dayton Radio Replayed The Game Because Of News Reports Of Tornado Touching  Down In Miami Valley. So I Heard The Game Twice,.double Your Pleasure.

3/15/2024 12:24 pm  #75

Listening to KDKA radio and the announcer is worried Pitt wont get in to tourney because A10 gets 2 teams
in. Jeff and Heather ,Duquesne is 2 miles away and you opted to play Jacksonville and teams in 300s in pre league play and paid these teams when you could have played Duquesne at your place for nothing

Board footera